Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Temple > General Site Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as Celtic21)
(28-Jun-2010 at 04:32)

Thank You Brother Green

I didn't know where to put this thread so I decided to lob it in here and hopefully and Mod will fix it if he/she considers it more suitable somewhere else.

Anyways, what I wanted to say was Thank you to Brother Green. Thank you for keeping Utopia Angel up to date even if the player base has shrunk to just a few thousand players. Thank you for keeping the site and forums up even though the number of active posters is probably less then 50. Thank you for all the hard work you put into both projects, the former of which no real Utopian player could survive without and the latter of which I frequently enjoy visiting.

Thanks for making my playing utopia an enjoyable expierence. It does mean a lot
View Public Profile Find more posts by Celtic22 Add Celtic22 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(29-Jun-2010 at 00:21)

smile

I believe you speak what most feel

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Jun-2010 at 07:44)

Yes I agree even if I only stop by once in awhile it is true

“Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything, tolerance is for the weak and oppressed"
View Public Profile Find more posts by Bierkrug Add Bierkrug to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Donated $41.00
(02-Jul-2010 at 08:58)

Yes, Thank you for that and establishing a place where I've made new friends who I consider family.

BUD LIGHT
145847903/Davevalek/Insanity
I am one of a kind, the only one you'll find. I am me and nothing else...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Valek Add Valek to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
(08-Jul-2010 at 00:02)

I don't think words are enough

People, like snowflakes, are all slightly different, but we all follow the same patterns -Stewie
Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

Some people are like Slinkies- absolutely useless, but always fun to push down stairs!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Azure Dragon Add Azure Dragon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Randomized)
(14-Jul-2010 at 23:20)

Yes indeed. Thank you, Brother Green. Been enjoying these forums since '03 or so (depsite a few bans) and even though the posting has gone down I just can't stay away nor have I ever found a place that feels more at home.

I hope this forum will survive the ages so we can forever enjoy posting here.
View Public Profile Visit Black Oranje's homepage Find more posts by Black Oranje Add Black Oranje to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $9.31
(15-Jul-2010 at 23:57)

I very much agree with this thread. I very rarely even read this forum anymore, much less post, but I still recognize BG's effort in keeping it alive. I hate cliche's, but maybe it just wasn't mean to last. On the other hand, maybe it will see an unexpected revival.

Either way, for a few years I spent a lot of time on UT, and I don't regret a second of it. I was a regular on here for far longer than I played Utopia.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nimon Add Nimon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Jul-2010 at 07:20)

We're posting our thanks in this thread now?

Allright: Thanks Brother Green, for this site and Utopia Angel.

Utopia Angel made my time playing Utopia first enjoyable and later bearable (for far longer than it would otherwise have been) and when I was done with Utopia after about 4 ages, Utopiatemple stuck around.

It's still the first place I go to every day. I still go to the forums through the front page, which still has a prominent place in my favourites. And I couldn't imagine it any other way.

Thanks BG, just...thanks.

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)

Last edited by Lunor, 16-Jul-2010 at 07:21.
Edit reason: ps. Is Celtic a huge brownnoser or what? :P
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Jul-2010 at 12:34)
Thanks, Brother Green.
View Public Profile Find more posts by bobalot Add bobalot to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $37.00
(22-Jul-2010 at 01:46)

Its great to see a few of the sites still active after all these years. People are all the game was ever about. Utopiatemple has always had a great following of troopers. Its been fairly stable as well, some other sites come and go but UT always stays.

The Master of Fire
If I was l33t, I'd be so cool.
I'm just another random noob. Treat my kindly please!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Piro Add Piro to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Jul-2010 at 12:13)

Thinking about how I first came to UT, and how LONG ago it has been, I find that this site is the glue for many people to stay in contact with each other. I don't post very often, but I do troll these forums every so often to check whats current and WHO's current

So I also concur that it is all thanks to Brother Green for such astounding dedication for keeping UT relevant.

Quote:
Utopia Angel made my time playing Utopia first enjoyable and later bearable (for far longer than it would otherwise have been) and when I was done with Utopia after about 4 ages, Utopiatemple stuck around.
4 ages...makes my 14 ages look ooooooold haha. Course I played when I was in high school and quit right before I entered college. And that was....7 years ago already. My my how time does fly

Faster faster till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death
In order to maintain peace, one must prepare for war
Expect nothing, be prepared for anything
He who is prepared shall triumph
View Public Profile Find more posts by Bigshot Add Bigshot to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(22-Jul-2010 at 14:38)

sunglasses Re: Thank You Brother Green

Thanks guys! It's people like you who make it all worth it!

I too hope that sometime in the future we could bring back this place to its glory days.

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.88
(22-Jul-2010 at 23:21)

Obviously this site has a lot to say for its self. Its sense of community and its ability to make people want to come back year after year and give them a place where they feel they belong and are welcome is a wonder in the world that is the internet.

Thank you BG. You have truly made one amazing place to spend time on.

Heisenberg may have slept here. But we'll never know how fast asleep he was
Good god...
To the rapturous, wild, and ineffable pleasure of drinking at somebody else’s expense.

Adding to entropy...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Kyleesha Add Kyleesha to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Aug-2010 at 00:43)
Agree- words dun suffice for all the years wanderin in an out of ere'

Anon, Elvensryche, Utopheous, Elvensdead, Elvensryche - maybe finish up anon again......
View Public Profile Find more posts by Elvensryche Add Elvensryche to your Buddy List Reply with Quote