Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Temple > Utopia Temple Support > Utopia Prophet > Utopia Prophet Support

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(25-Sep-2004 at 22:59)
Quote:
(Originally posted by Fury Solace)

is it just me being blind or are we unable to raze?
Hmm yeah this is left over from the old UI. You can Raze by click the + symbol next to Growth in the navigation tree.

I'll add a Raze buildings link to the current growth page, as this seems to be a common issue.

-justin
View Public Profile Visit swetty's homepage Find more posts by swetty Add swetty to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Sep-2004 at 12:51)
I can't seem to build anything. When I enter any number for a building type and press "Construct Buildings", nothing happens at all. If I then go to the Throne Room and advance 1 day then I get a totally wierd array of buildings Like 80 watchtowers that has no relationship to what I originally selected.

Any suggestions as to what is going on ?
View Public Profile Find more posts by cyber60 Add cyber60 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Sep-2004 at 19:29)
Quote:
(Originally posted by cyber60)

I can't seem to build anything. When I enter any number for a building type and press "Construct Buildings", nothing happens at all. If I then go to the Throne Room and advance 1 day then I get a totally wierd array of buildings Like 80 watchtowers that has no relationship to what I originally selected.

Any suggestions as to what is going on ?
What build are you using? This works from what I can tell.

-justin
View Public Profile Visit swetty's homepage Find more posts by swetty Add swetty to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Sep-2004 at 18:09)
Not sure whether this should be here, but here's some data on the exploration formula:

I'm a 295 acre Elf, 19.7% mills (doesn't matter but still eh :)).

Exploration costs 4 soldiers/acre, where Prophet says 3.

Hope this helps :)
View Public Profile Find more posts by egrimm Add egrimm to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Nov-2004 at 04:31)
Exploration

There seems to be an error with exploration, and here is what is happening.

Start at 275 acres, explore for 275 acres (get enough soldiers first)

As acres come in, and you build them, you cannot explore. I belive this is a bug.

Do this to see why:
Start at 275 acres, (get enough soldiers as before to explore for max 275 acres), explore for 138 acres, you cannot explore anymore now, even though you should be able to explore for the remaining 137 acres to hit your max of 275.

This is what it should be:
(max explorable) = (Land) - (unbuilt) - (already exploring)

Phrophet is calculating (unbuilt) to be (unbuilt lands)+(already exploring). So your getting docked twice for land in exploration.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Fyta Add Fyta to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-Nov-2004 at 02:52)

Re: Exploration

Quote:
(Originally posted by Fyta)

There seems to be an error with exploration, and here is what is happening.

Start at 275 acres, explore for 275 acres (get enough soldiers first)

As acres come in, and you build them, you cannot explore. I belive this is a bug.

Do this to see why:
Start at 275 acres, (get enough soldiers as before to explore for max 275 acres), explore for 138 acres, you cannot explore anymore now, even though you should be able to explore for the remaining 137 acres to hit your max of 275.

This is what it should be:
(max explorable) = (Land) - (unbuilt) - (already exploring)

Phrophet is calculating (unbuilt) to be (unbuilt lands)+(already exploring). So your getting docked twice for land in exploration.
That same thing was happening to me only it was from an error in importing. Be sure that isn't the case.

I had imported the Internal Affairs page, and I had a total of 178 acres currently under construction. Prophet calculated this as 178 acres exploring for every hour they were under construction (double-built for 12 hour construction time*), so after advancing that time, Prophet showed a total of 2136 unbuilt acres. When I looked at the imported values, 178 acres were apparently to be coming in on the next day, and those were what was 178 buildings currently under construction. That seemed to loop for the 12 days I advanced time.

* On a related note, though I had imported my science page, the values were incorrect on all of my sciences, thus requiring the full 24 hour construction time, when I actually only required 18 hours in the game.

One day I'll have something cleverer here.
that's more clever, not cleverer [Sygnal]
From the dictionary: clev·er - adj.
clev·er·er, clev·er·estBOO-YAH Sygnal!

Back to the left where I belong
View Public Profile Visit mathmetalmonk's homepage Find more posts by mathmetalmonk Add mathmetalmonk to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Jan-2005 at 00:00)
version 2.2701b

when i speedbuild 56 mills and adavance 12 hours the price for mills is 166gc , the diminishing buildings isn't taken into account should be somewhere around 300

Last edited by kentosani, 02-Jan-2005 at 00:09.
View Public Profile Find more posts by kentosani Add kentosani to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old DoW
(02-Jan-2005 at 00:20)
Mills increase explore costs and arms increase troop costs...
View Public Profile Find more posts by DoW Add DoW to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Jan-2005 at 00:46)
armories dont work. they increase troop costs rather than decreasing it
View Public Profile Find more posts by karozg Add karozg to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Jan-2005 at 02:24)
Thanks for pointing this out... the new build formula is probably broken. (Well the formula is right, I just probably added the bonus when I should have subtracted.)

-justin
(31-Mar-2005 at 06:04)
I dont get the construct buildings button and I cant see most of my provs stats.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Elfmage Add Elfmage to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Apr-2005 at 11:23)
I found 2 bugs in growth. At the start you can get twice free acres. I'm atm at 285 acres without the game started.

I tried to solve this with adding extra barren acres with the menu option modify.

The second bug is. The building cost. I have it at 832 gc, while prophet shows 834 gc.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Duketape Add Duketape to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Apr-2005 at 16:41)
cant see build button

i've tried changing display resolution, but no effect. i can't see any "build" button when i go to growth.
View Public Profile Find more posts by cantalon Add cantalon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Apr-2005 at 22:57)
Re: cant see build button

Quote:
(Originally posted by cantalon)

i've tried changing display resolution, but no effect. i can't see any "build" button when i go to growth.
I've seen this before and the work around seems to be to set your DPI to 72. I'll try to get a programatic fix in there eventually but for now it appears to be a DPI issue.

-justin