Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Alliances Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as meutte)
(02-Jun-2004 at 16:48)
Underground Society of Utopia

yeah, another one. not really an alliance this time. i already know what you will say about an extra alliance on the genessis forums, but spare me that comment and first read this

We are the USU, Underground Society of Utopia. For the moment, we are not really a powerful alliance. As our name says, we are more like a Society.

What are we?

We are just a bunch of Utopian playing friends working together. We sit together and learn each other the art of Utopia. We are starting a University with strats and more for our members. As I said, we are just a bunch of friends together, but when really needed we will stand up for our rights when something injust happens.

Now we get to the point of what we call injust. At first, and the most important reason why we intervene is a GB. We state clearly that targeting isnít really a GB. But when the targeting is happening to destroy the province, we wonít hold back to intervene. Another dishonourable thing is the OOW hit. When a OOW hit is reported, the person will get a warning and we will tell the King that the province will get one retalliation every time he will do an OOW attack on our provinces again. This way of working will always be used: reporting of a injust thing, sent a diplomat, and when it canít be solved between the two parties, we get between the two players, and give the punishment that is needed. But most of all, we will always keep it honourable.

Every time someone hears about an alliance, the question rises: ďOh no, not another alliance. Why another one?Ē They think that it screw the Utopian world. Well, if that is your opinion, give me a chance to prove that alliances can be good. There are a lot of reasons why you should join an alliance.

1) You can be in need for protection, and there is nothing wrong with that is it? You have a safe atmosphere where you can learn about Utopia in an alliance. Is there anything wrong with a feeling of safety?
2) You can join an alliance to learn about Utopia. Well, this alliance offers a program where you can learn and ask questions about the things you want. Is there something wrong with learning? I donít think so.
3) The 3th one is that some people just join an alliance to give Utopia an extra social dimension. A bunch of people sitting together, and learn and grow together in the gigantic world of Utopia. Is there something wrong with a social life then? I donít think so.

Well, there are much more reasons why you can join an alliance, and think about some yourself. But what I wanted to say was that there is nothing wrong with an alliance that offers everything I stated before.

Now, if you liked everything we offer, then I have only one advise for you, join, and continue in the USU, we can really use extra support. We are small, but we will grow with your help.

For more info:

Bohm - Head of USU
MSN: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]

Smartie - Head of Internal affairs
MSN/email: [email protected]

Maverick - Head of External affairs
MSN/Email: [email protected]

Any questions, just mail or talk to us.
View Public Profile Find more posts by SmartieUA Add SmartieUA to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as F u S i o N)
(02-Jun-2004 at 17:21)

Re: Underground Society of Utopia

Not here to flame. Just wanting to know more and curious to see if this ever works out.

Quote:
(Originally posted by meutte)

yeah, another one. not really an alliance this time. i already know what you will say about an extra alliance on the genessis forums, but spare me that comment and first read this

We are the USU, Underground Society of Utopia. For the moment, we are not really a powerful alliance. As our name says, we are more like a Society.
So, alliance or society? Or an alliance+society? Not really a strong one?

Quote:
What are we?

We are just a bunch of Utopian playing friends working together. We sit together and learn each other the art of Utopia. We are starting a University with strats and more for our members. As I said, we are just a bunch of friends together, but when really needed we will stand up for our rights when something injust happens.
Is the bunch of friends enough to keep all of you out of trouble? If you're starting a University, it should be opened to the crowd, then people from other alliances joins, and IF you happen to have a grudge or any problems against their alliance, how are you planning to handle it?

Quote:
Now we get to the point of what we call injust. At first, and the most important reason why we intervene is a GB. We state clearly that targeting isnít really a GB. But when the targeting is happening to destroy the province, we wonít hold back to intervene. Another dishonourable thing is the OOW hit. When a OOW hit is reported, the person will get a warning and we will tell the King that the province will get one retalliation every time he will do an OOW attack on our provinces again. This way of working will always be used: reporting of a injust thing, sent a diplomat, and when it canít be solved between the two parties, we get between the two players, and give the punishment that is needed. But most of all, we will always keep it honourable.
What IS your definition of honourable? I'm very sure your enemies are thinking THEY are doing something honourable.

Quote:
Every time someone hears about an alliance, the question rises: ďOh no, not another alliance. Why another one?Ē They think that it screw the Utopian world. Well, if that is your opinion, give me a chance to prove that alliances can be good. There are a lot of reasons why you should join an alliance.
No arguements here. But only some new alliances that comes popping up are successful. Some are successful, for only 4-6 months most. Others, merge with another alliance, and then there are others, who fail. The ones that succeed, well, all odds are against them... but if they make it, good for them.

Quote:
1) You can be in need for protection, and there is nothing wrong with that is it? You have a safe atmosphere where you can learn about Utopia in an alliance. Is there anything wrong with a feeling of safety?
2) You can join an alliance to learn about Utopia. Well, this alliance offers a program where you can learn and ask questions about the things you want. Is there something wrong with learning? I donít think so.
3) The 3th one is that some people just join an alliance to give Utopia an extra social dimension. A bunch of people sitting together, and learn and grow together in the gigantic world of Utopia. Is there something wrong with a social life then? I donít think so.
Not such a bad thing here.. Quite good I might say, but let's just hope your members learn fast enough to keep the alliance safe.

Quote:
Well, there are much more reasons why you can join an alliance, and think about some yourself. But what I wanted to say was that there is nothing wrong with an alliance that offers everything I stated before.

Now, if you liked everything we offer, then I have only one advise for you, join, and continue in the USU, we can really use extra support. We are small, but we will grow with your help.
You might be heading somewhere with this, good luck with it. Until then, well, answers please.

Death is a state of mind, I've lost my mind, therefore I cannot die.
Furious Under Serious Influence Of Narcotics

Last edited by fusionev, 02-Jun-2004 at 17:24.
View Public Profile Find more posts by fusionev Add fusionev to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Jun-2004 at 18:17)

Did you guys forget about the 'society' URL, or isnt there a site jet? It's a needed thing and handy to start your propaganda from.

Once again returned to UT! =)
Too much other things to name in a sig. =P
View Public Profile Find more posts by THE Elrond Add THE Elrond to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as meutte)
(02-Jun-2004 at 19:55)
ok, sorry, i forgot the url of our society.

http://kbohm.board.dk3.com/2/index.php

go and have a visit over there.

and now the answers to fusion

1) we are a society. we are just beeing together and teach each other the art of Utopia. it's just, we can act as an alliance if we have problems. then we stand up for our rights

2) yeah, it will be enough. another thing, i don't think we will have that much problems with other alliances. we are totaly not offencive.

3) whith honourable, we mean that we won't do any GB or so. we just retal as many times as we are attacked after we warned the target. so they get a warning first

4) i can't answer next question. i hope we can survive. i can't predict that now. i think our declarations sais clearly enough that we are not offencive. that's the most important

5) they will learn soon enough. but there are experienced players too ofcourse. and most of the members are not really brand new to the game
View Public Profile Find more posts by SmartieUA Add SmartieUA to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Jun-2004 at 20:12)
"i don't think we will have that much problems with other alliances. we are totaly not offencive."

I think you should re-think this part a bit....problems with other alliances will come sooner or later.

Btw. are you only gen or is it me who misunderstod something?

good luck...you seem like one of the few new alliances that might have a chance
View Public Profile Find more posts by Oluf Add Oluf to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as meutte)
(02-Jun-2004 at 21:35)
yes, we are on genesis.

and i know, we might have problems with other alliances, but at first, we also have alliances that suport us, and second, we can take care of it and i guess we will be able to solve this with words most of the times. we are not a group that picks up the weapons immediately
(Posted as meutte)
(02-Jun-2004 at 22:24)
if there are any more replies or something, you can also add me (smartie, head of internal affairs) to your contact list or so. or you can reply here. if any more questions, you can always ask, or you can come and have a vistit on our URL
(Posted as Snyper)
Donated $5.00
(03-Jun-2004 at 08:12)

Sorry Guys But in all honesty what can you offer that another alliance that is already founded cant?

Why make a new alliance instead of joining another big one??

I'll Tell you, its all about people wanting to be in charge.

And on the seventh day GodsArmy created the Infantryman
And the Devil stood to attention.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dark Messiah Add Dark Messiah to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Elder Cloud)
(03-Jun-2004 at 12:20)

Uhh were did the big alliances start from??? somebody who wanted to make an alliance, they wanted to be in controll. Also good luck if i played on gen sure i'd join, but because i don't sorry.

"If ya write something like this and put some famous guys name after it, everyone will think it's true" - Attila the hun
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nookie Bloke Add Nookie Bloke to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Jun-2004 at 14:14)

This allaince was made becuase somebody wanted to see an allaince on gen run different than others. We have a fresh new idea, and it has gone smoothly this age so far. If they can't see you then they cant hit you
View Public Profile Visit Bohm's homepage Find more posts by Bohm Add Bohm to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as F u S i o N)
(03-Jun-2004 at 15:58)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Bohm)

This allaince was made becuase somebody wanted to see an allaince on gen run different than others. We have a fresh new idea, and it has gone smoothly this age so far. If they can't see you then they cant hit you
And you think other alliances don't think the same? (Running things differently).

Quote:
They can't see you then they can't hit you
You make it sound as if it's an evil thing. Like a dishonourable alliance. What is a dishonourable alliance anyway?

Death is a state of mind, I've lost my mind, therefore I cannot die.
Furious Under Serious Influence Of Narcotics
View Public Profile Find more posts by fusionev Add fusionev to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as meutte)
(03-Jun-2004 at 17:32)
"Uhh were did the big alliances start from??? somebody who wanted to make an alliance, they wanted to be in controll. Also good luck if i played on gen sure i'd join, but because i don't sorry."

well, one answer to that. it didn't start it because someone wanted to be in charge. i even didn't start it. I am now head of internal affairs, because there was need for someone. well i hope this answer shows clear enough that not all alliances start to get control. read declaration and see that we are a bunch of friends sitting together and learning the art of Utopia. that is the main reason why this allaince exists
(Posted as meutte)
(03-Jun-2004 at 21:54)
any more questions?
(Posted as ixidor00 OA)
(04-Jun-2004 at 02:04)

Hmmm... a gen learning "academy" sounds like a good idea considering all the n00bs running around on gen... If I was still playing gen I'd join .

Signature is virus free since May 21 thanks to Nazgul AntiVirus
There WAS a siggy virus, but I got rid of it for the sake of cons"tit"ency. Now excuse me while I go plot.
Proud member of OA
View Public Profile Find more posts by ixi 3rd age Add ixi 3rd age to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Jun-2004 at 02:41)

You cant hit what you cant see dosent mean we are dishonorable, its just that weve found a way to escape the big alliances who immediatly put a target on us.
View Public Profile Visit Bohm's homepage Find more posts by Bohm Add Bohm to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Jun-2004 at 05:37)
In response to the alliance and experience of the players. I can tell you this, within USU you may see a culmination of several different BF/WoL alliances. Many of these alliances are not officially on Gen and so they may want to be in an alliance on Gen. I can say that we have currently members from a few mainstream alliances though I will refrain from saying what alliances at this point.

Now to those of you who perhaps would like to join but do not believe that your alliance will allow you. If your alliance is strickly BF/WoL then I would suggest talking to your council, leaders, etc. Perhaps they would not mind or possibly find it beneficial for some members to take part in a Gen alliance. Not only do we find ourselves with new friends here, but we find ourselves with new contacts each age of Genesis. As the USU grows and more people join we will begin to see a "melting pot" if you will of different playing styles, alliances, personalities, etc. I believe that USU has a chance which is why I have thrown my hat in the ring with them and am currently a council member. If anyone has a question feel free to contact myself or anyone listed at the bottom of the declaration that you will find above.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sir Maverick Add Sir Maverick to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Jun-2004 at 21:29)

If anyone wonders, this alliance will stay as longa s we have members. It has a unique approach that will save us from getting picked on by larger alliances

Come join the best alliance in Genesis.... USU!
(Posted as meutte)
(06-Jun-2004 at 21:39)
yeah, everybody is welcome, inexperienced or not
(06-Jun-2004 at 22:48)
sorry to be the one to tell you this bohm...but the concept of this alliance dont sounds that unique as you say
View Public Profile Find more posts by Oluf Add Oluf to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as flutterby HUN)
(06-Jun-2004 at 23:28)

Question...

How can you be "underground" when you're announcing yourself?

----------------------------------------
})i({~flutterby~ })i({

Alliance Rankings Administration
irc.Utonet.org #alliancerankings
View Public Profile Visit mdmflutterby's homepage Find more posts by mdmflutterby Add mdmflutterby to your Buddy List Reply with Quote