Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Honorary Member
(18-Apr-2004 at 03:05)

We knew it was coming

isreal is refusing to let hamas operate, personally i always suspected this would happen and said so in another thread, as well as that i support it, its a piquet tactic, take out the officers etc, without their leadership hamas find it increasingly hard to operate, combined with things such as the wall the effectivness of hamas has been severely reduced. If you haven't read israel killed hamas's newest leader.

Now without going off topic i don't see much case agaisnt this, hamas are clearly and my admission a terrorist group, they operate to kill as many inocent civilians as possible. from sombody heading a group aiming to drive jews out of the middle east, they are an obsticle to any possible peace and a threat to normal and good people, i congratulate israel on a less offensive toward civilians and effective methof of controling terrorists.

Getting banned is not smart, nor cool. - Swifty
View Public Profile Find more posts by Jasse Add Jasse to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $32.64
(18-Apr-2004 at 03:11)

Yes. Hamas is a terrorist organization. The leaders are worthy of their lives. But could you please try to give a good reason as to why killing someone, who is now probably going to be percieved as a martyr, is going to stop Hamas?

After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one

The only reason we die, is because we accept it as an inevitability
View Public Profile Find more posts by Phased Add Phased to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Honorary Member
(18-Apr-2004 at 03:29)

because without adequate leaders how is a group to function, when members who are not in it for myarterdom but for their own interests are killed then the others relasie its not so beneficial, it breaks up their organisation and ruins their plans.

View Public Profile Find more posts by Jasse Add Jasse to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Apr-2004 at 03:36)

I think they will always find someone else to lead Hamas no matter how many people are killed.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lady Mishy Add Lady Mishy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Honorary Member
(18-Apr-2004 at 03:44)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Lady Mishy)

I think they will always find someone else to lead Hamas no matter how many people are killed.
yes but bad leadership can be even worse for them then no leadership, isreal has destroed their effectivness and that is important.

Honorary Member
(18-Apr-2004 at 03:48)

sorry my apologies, i didn't read the other thread, mods please merge them

Donated $32.64
(18-Apr-2004 at 05:06)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Jasse)

because without adequate leaders how is a group to function, when members who are not in it for myarterdom but for their own interests are killed then the others relasie its not so beneficial, it breaks up their organisation and ruins their plans.

There isn't a training program to be a Hamas leader. It isn't like they are qualified brain surgeons that when you kill all of them, you have to spend time to train a new one.

Israel has killed 2 moderate Hamas high ranking officials in the last 6 months, who had been at least willing to postpone their attacks for a later century. That doesn't help at all. And killing the Hamas leader will just put someone that is more extreme in power. Until, of course, they reach the limit of extremism (which they haven't by the way), and then it will just maintain at that point of course.

They need to find a different way of disabling Hamas, but yes, it definietly needs to be done.

After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one

View Public Profile Find more posts by Phased Add Phased to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Apr-2004 at 05:16)

Quote:
hamas are clearly and my admission a terrorist group, they operate to kill as many inocent civilians as possible.
If it is so clear then you should find it easy to define a terrorist and show how it applies to Hamas.

Perhaps Hamas see themselves as guerilla fighters, trying to eject an enemy that has been occupying their land since 1967, in contravention of international law and in defiance of the UN.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Voice of Reason Add Voice of Reason to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Apr-2004 at 05:23)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Voice of Reason) Perhaps Hamas see themselves as guerilla fighters, trying to eject an enemy that has been occupying their land since 1967, in contravention of international law and in defiance of the UN.
thats funny you know who was also in violation of international accords... Egpyt,Iraq,Jordan,Lebanon,Syria and Saudi Arabia

militant Liberal Christian..funny string of words I got there
"when life gives you Lemons eat them whole..Peal and all"
-the great Ipoc
UNITE! SPARK THE FIRE!
View Public Profile Find more posts by jahwarrior Add jahwarrior to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(18-Apr-2004 at 05:45)
you forgot to mention .. America
View Public Profile Find more posts by none Add none to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Apr-2004 at 06:30)

While Hamas is a terrorist organization that I strictly disaprove of, the way in which Israel is dealing with this is terrible. It will only infuriate the suppressed resistance towards unjust Israeli presence in the area. They are only infuriating a volatile group of fanatics, fanning the flames of their anger and actively inciting a new generation for Hamas to recruit from. You cannot change a man's mind with your fists. Israel is also involved in terrorist activities, were the U.S. to support the riddance of the Israeli nation, you would see a much different portrayol of them on the news at night. Hamas is a terrible organization that has resorted to disgusting and base measures to express their anger, but Israel has and is committing horrible atrocities and injustices to humanity thereby sparking into existence such organizations. I swear to you now that for every martyr they make of the Hamas leadership, it will only bolster their ranks and will two-fold.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."
-Soren Kierkegaard
"Those who know don't say, and those who say don't know."
- Lao Tzu
More Quotes...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Syke Add Syke to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Honorary Member
(18-Apr-2004 at 16:50)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Phased)

There isn't a training program to be a Hamas leader. It isn't like they are qualified brain surgeons that when you kill all of them, you have to spend time to train a new one.

Israel has killed 2 moderate Hamas high ranking officials in the last 6 months, who had been at least willing to postpone their attacks for a later century. That doesn't help at all. And killing the Hamas leader will just put someone that is more extreme in power. Until, of course, they reach the limit of extremism (which they haven't by the way), and then it will just maintain at that point of course.

They need to find a different way of disabling Hamas, but yes, it definietly needs to be done.
In what way were they moderate, yassin who has helped wreck peace chances numerous times and wanted all jews in the middle east dead, or the new guy who called for jewish blood at the death of yasin and promised no peace?

Syke, i don't believe it has boosted their ranks at all, maybe further agered present members. And when their effecivness is so reduced what is the problem with it, stopping them killing civilians is the main aim.

(18-Apr-2004 at 16:57)
Quote:
Perhaps Hamas see themselves as guerilla fighters, trying to eject an enemy that has been occupying their land since 1967, in contravention of international law and in defiance of the UN.
Hamas is a Syrian group under their government therefore they cannot be "called guerilla fighters trying to eject an enemy that has been occupying their land since 1967"
View Public Profile Find more posts by MeeniMyniMo Add MeeniMyniMo to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $32.64
(18-Apr-2004 at 18:18)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Jasse)

In what way were they moderate, yassin who has helped wreck peace chances numerous times and wanted all jews in the middle east dead, or the new guy who called for jewish blood at the death of yasin and promised no peace?

To clarify, I was not talking about the 2 leaders of Hamas. There were 2 others, who way have actually come to lead Hamas, ad they not been killed.

(18-Apr-2004 at 23:57)
It looks like Israel wants to keep the circle of violence up so they can gobble up as much land as possible before someone sets the foot down and draws up some clear borders. If there are any Palestinians left by then. And if someone will ever put the foot down.
View Public Profile Find more posts by roxbury Add roxbury to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as MystikDeath)
Donated $0.84
(19-Apr-2004 at 00:54)

Quote:
[i][size=1]

hmm.. I don't even see how they pull that one off.. being that they have been kicked out of how many other countries that have islam as a religion... none of them want them and yet israel is suppose to put up with them?

*hands Naz a teddykitty* Everytime someone gets warned, Starfriend cuddles a kitten. []
my blog *blinks*(update: 6/7) Where does one go when all hope is lost? If it's you we're talking about... My place / and sorrow be a story yet untold? Truth covered in the veneer, the weight enough to make one fold
View Public Profile Find more posts by Forgotten One Add Forgotten One to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Apr-2004 at 03:43)
Re: We knew it was coming

Hamas is a terrorist organisation. So was the African National Congress. Nelson Mandela was the terrorist leader of a terrorist organisation. Now he is the Saint of Freedom.

One man's freedom fighter is another's terrorist.

Without the policeies of the US and Israel, Hamas could never flourish. IT does because terrorism will always flourish in the face of persecution and decimation. Today we are supposed to remember the Jewish Holocaust. I do and mourn. I also mourn for the Palestinian Holocaust and the many victims that will happen on both sides.

Killing leaders of Hamas or of the Palestinian people will only make Israel less safe. One only needs to look to the examples of Iraq to see that. The coalition may have won the war but are badly losing the "peace".
View Public Profile Find more posts by batman40 Add batman40 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Apr-2004 at 03:48)

Quote:
Hamas is a Syrian group under their government therefore they cannot be "called guerilla fighters trying to eject an enemy that has been occupying their land since 1967"
Look here ,

"The Hamas (a word meaning courage and bravery) is a radical Islamic organization which became active in the early stages of the Intifada, operating primarily in the Gaza Strip but also in the West Bank. "

" It defined its highest priority as Jihad (Holy War) for the liberation of Palestine and the establishment of an Islamic Palestine "from the Mediterranean Sea to the Jordan River".
View Public Profile Find more posts by Voice of Reason Add Voice of Reason to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Apr-2004 at 03:54)

Israels attitude towards people that have been pushed out of their homeland saddening as it is hypocritical.

Israel was formed becaused out of the holocaust, Jews being persecuted from the homelands and kicked out with nowhere to go.

The same thing is happening to Palestinians, the Israelis are kicking them out of their land and putting them into refugee camps.

The term terrorist is a propaganda tool. Hamas are terrorists to Israel. Hamas are martyrs and heros and freedom fighters to Palestinians. Israel are the terrorists and war mongers to the Palestinans. Ariel Sharon is Palestines Osama Bin Laden.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Steigerr Add Steigerr to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Maddog45)
(19-Apr-2004 at 05:18)

Ive said this before, pure and simple. Someone in one of the Palestinian Islamo-facist(10 for Rush for thinking of that one) groups is going to get a hold of a WMD, even a small one, use it on Israel, and the entire Palestinian nation will feel it. If its not concentration camps, it will be something a lot worse. More than likely nuclear weapons. I personally would rather them take out these guys now, and at least disrupt the core organization of the group rather then having millions die because of a few psychos. Then again, I dont think I would mind seeing Israel go up in smoke *shrugs*. Not really because of anything they are doing to anyone right now, just that the stuff they have done to the US and gotten away with.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Jonathon Add Jonathon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote