Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(05-Nov-2005 at 04:16)
returning after 2 years..

i used to play utopia all the time. i started before personalities were introduced. yes, that long ago. for several reasons, i had to quit the game about 2 year ago. now i want to come back, but i have a question before i can hammer out a build strat:

the swirve guide used to list a max on every building, now it's missing on several. does that mean there is no limit to those buildings now?

(if there is a limit, could comebody kindly tell me the max for Thieves' Dens and Watchtowers?)

God of Elijah, send Your fire

View Public Profile Find more posts by Zaowulf Add Zaowulf to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Nov-2005 at 19:36)
50% is the max for most everything, it is in the guide.

"With normal building efficiency, this maximum is reached by dedicating 50% of your land to that building."

Read the top of the buildings section of the guide and you will get more information.
View Public Profile Find more posts by bannertaz Add bannertaz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(06-Nov-2005 at 06:27)

Firstly, welcome back

And secondly, if you use IRC, find your way to #ud and they'll be more than happy to help you

But the Guide should be the way to go, for you.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege!
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - The Fear of Long Words
View Public Profile Find more posts by Alexstrasza Add Alexstrasza to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Grand Wizard)
(07-Nov-2005 at 14:26)

If youve been away that long buildings are the least of ur concern

Thirst you should know the relation system has been completely changed. Now we have stances etc. ME has been split in Offensive and Defensive. Raw ME is based on ur Building Efficiency and ur draft. Raw ME gets modded by ur buildings for increased Off ME and Def ME. Here a link for info around stances and Military Efficiency.

Stances

Last but not least gains arent landbased anymore, but NWbased. So the higher ur NW per acre the more ppl, with the same amount of acres as you, will gain from u, and the less u will gain from them.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids , we'd all be running around in darkened rooms munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electron ic music ."
Kristian Wilson , Nintendo Inc 1989
View Public Profile Find more posts by Skrix Add Skrix to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $1.92
(07-Nov-2005 at 16:07)

yeah

I just returned from not playing 2 years also and i managed to start from the start on this age with a ok kingdom.

Alot of things have changed, the one that surprised me the most was NW based gains insted of on acres like we had back then. This opens up a lot of bottomfeeders so be carefull with that. I've been hammered on pretty much cuz i did a elite strat.

There have been no new posts in the last 987 days to your subscribed threads.

-the great break from Utopia
View Public Profile Visit octodur's homepage Find more posts by octodur Add octodur to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Nov-2005 at 01:20)

lolz welcome bak to all, glad u found ur way bak, i tried to quit once, but i swear im hooked on utopia! its crazy, at least it doesnt cost a dime, and its not illegal or bad fer ur health!
View Public Profile Visit AgingWizard's homepage Find more posts by AgingWizard Add AgingWizard to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $1.92
(08-Nov-2005 at 04:53)

Quote:
or bad fer ur health!
Oh belive me its VERY bad for your health =) We oldtimers are very intensive players hehe.

There have been no new posts in the last 987 days to your subscribed threads.

-the great break from Utopia
View Public Profile Visit octodur's homepage Find more posts by octodur Add octodur to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Post has been warned)
(11-Nov-2005 at 05:10)
hehe
View Public Profile Find more posts by going to change Add going to change to your Buddy List Reply with Quote