Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Do you like the taste of beer?
Yes 64 67.37%
No 31 32.63%
Who voted? Voters: 95
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(06-Jan-2007 at 05:21)

Do you like the taste of beer?

We see p[eople in TV having a great time drinking beer, teenagers aren't "cool" unless they drink beer and it's a drink that people spend millions if not billions of dollars on each year. I tried one that seem's pretty popular (Heineken) and to be honest, it tastes terrible. I've tried Corona, terrible. Some India Pale Ale at my cousins house, terrible yet again. To me, beer tastes terrible. (perhaps I have only tasted a mere fraction of the stuff, but from everything I have had, it's terrible.)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Acadian9 Add Acadian9 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Jan-2007 at 05:26)

No, way. I would perfer a drink to any beer product, even if I have to drink it straight.

I am the darkness in your life, I am the light
I am the end of your tunnel, I am the beginning of your future
I am the end, your end. I am the path to your salvation.

Your bane, or your hope. You decide.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brightbane Add Brightbane to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Stygma SsM)
Donated $5.00
(06-Jan-2007 at 06:20)
To me, most beer tastes delicious. Especially pale ale. I just can't get enough.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Stygma Add Stygma to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Jarlaxle Baenre)
(06-Jan-2007 at 06:31)

Never actually had any. Never had the desire to, either. Not that I think it's wrong; I just don't care enough about it to motivate myself to get some.

Rumours of my demise are greatly exaggerated
Do the impossible
See the invisible
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
View Public Profile Visit Eltargrim's homepage Find more posts by Eltargrim Add Eltargrim to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Jan-2007 at 06:38)

I actually love the taste of it. One reason Heineken may taste horrible to you, is that Heineken is a lager, which is darker and more bitter than say, a Miller or a Bud. And light beer...well, best not to talk about "half-beers" . It is an acquired taste, you won't love it the first time, but drink a few more and you will .

American and Damn Proud of it!
"I met God on a bus once...he told me the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel"
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
-Ben Franklin-
View Public Profile Find more posts by Rikkar Add Rikkar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Jan-2007 at 09:10)

Can't say i do.Maybe i just haven't had enough beer yet.

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common; they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views
View Public Profile Find more posts by DHoffryn Add DHoffryn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Former Global Moderator)
Research Group
(06-Jan-2007 at 10:08)

Re: Do you like the taste of beer?

Originally Posted by Acadian9: View Post
We see p[eople in TV having a great time drinking beer, teenagers aren't "cool" unless they drink beer and it's a drink that people spend millions if not billions of dollars on each year. I tried one that seem's pretty popular (Heineken) and to be honest, it tastes terrible. I've tried Corona, terrible. Some India Pale Ale at my cousins house, terrible yet again. To me, beer tastes terrible. (perhaps I have only tasted a mere fraction of the stuff, but from everything I have had, it's terrible.)
I love the taste of beer, but you've gotta go for the right stuff.

To be honest, it sounds like you've tried some of the "worst" beers out there. Heineken is good, but it's kind of an acquired taste. A little bit more bitter than most other ones, and it's a take it or leave it kind of beer. Corona is a step above horse piss. Not a very big step, but a step nonetheless. IPA's are also horribly bitter, and definately not one of my favorites.

If you're looking for good messican beer try something that costs less but is tons better. Start with Dos Equis or Pacifico. Corona is over-hyped and overmarketed, and is the preferred beverage of collar-popping fratboys everywhere just because it's "cool and exotic".

Stygma's in the best place for beer, Colorado has tons of great stuff to offer. Laughing lab is a pretty good light beer, one of my favorites. Fat tire is another awesome one, and probably my second favorite, albeit a bit darker.

Another good light one to try is some of the stuff from Karl Strauss. Not sure if you'll get it out there, but it's well worth checking out.

Remember, hype != good. Ask around, find people that aren't talking up labels, but talking up good beer.

The Kiowa swooped and banked hard in front of the car, firing three more shots through the front hood, the universal sign for “stop.”
There are two important rules for sucess in life.
1. Never tell anyone everything you know.
View Public Profile Visit Hawkeyekid's homepage Find more posts by Hawkeyekid Add Hawkeyekid to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Jan-2007 at 13:02)

Yes, I liked quality beers. However, I do not drink alcohol, so I have not had any beer for quite a few years. (Probably 5 years, or more, too lazy to think about it).

Anyway, I haven't drunk any beer for years but I remember the taste of course. I especially loved white beer on hot summer days. My favorite was Hoegaarden, a small Dutch brand.
View Public Profile Visit Apeiron's homepage Find more posts by Apeiron Add Apeiron to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Jan-2007 at 13:13)

Hoegaarden. now thats and aquired taste the most popular beer around here seems to be fosters stella or kronemburg, maybe you should try cider and i mean real cider like Henry westons not blackthorn
View Public Profile Find more posts by O s i r i s Add O s i r i s to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as RWP)
(06-Jan-2007 at 13:18)

I like the taste of good beer. For the silly people among us who think Heineken is a good, strong beer, it's not. It's piss coloured water.
If you want the taste of good beer you'll have to go for Belgian beers such as Westmalle and Duvel or Dutch beers such as La Trappe and, a bit cheaper, Hertog Jan. I'm not sure what you import in other countries but people abroad should really lose the ridiculous idea that Heineken is good.

Now I have a signature
View Public Profile Find more posts by Rustem Add Rustem to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
(06-Jan-2007 at 14:23)

Beer is foul. Give me a nice red wine instead

Seriously, there isn't many beers I like, and the ones I do been slated in this thread!

People, like snowflakes, are all slightly different, but we all follow the same patterns -Stewie
Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

Some people are like Slinkies- absolutely useless, but always fun to push down stairs!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Azure Dragon Add Azure Dragon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $9.31
(06-Jan-2007 at 14:45)

I prefer "harder" stuff, myself. That made it sound like I do drugs... I don't Vodka, on the other hand

So no, I don't really like the taste of beer. I drink it anyway, occassionally.

My MSN is still [email protected].
My Skype is kapteindynetrekk
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nimon Add Nimon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(06-Jan-2007 at 15:56)

Yes, I very much enjoy the taste of beer, but it has to be [i]good[i] beer to be enjoyed, as others have pointed out above.

The one I drink the most is Hansa, a somewhat smallish norwegian brand. Not too expensive, while still with a good taste. When at one of my favourite bars, I drink only Guinness, at the other Old Speckled Hen. The last one is a very, very good English beer.

I have to admit though, my first 'favourite' was Heineken, because of it's bitterness compared to a couple of other (mostly norwegian) brands, but those days are far gone now

I am 'great', and yet... I stumble.
...Naz thinks he's great, but should have self critique/irony to see that he stumbles... Stubb apparently hasn't seen the show Shark.
...Yet Stubb would provide a link to where a quote is taken from... How's -that- for an URL. ;] ... How about -this- as the #1 result? ;p Explanation: PEBKAC HELP! I'm being repressed!. . . I love beer and WP.
View Public Profile Find more posts by 0Stubb0 Add 0Stubb0 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Jan-2007 at 17:13)

Beer = Godly Goodness

Best Beers in the wolrd are European,

Fav Beers being:

Heineken : Must be brewed and bottled (or Canned) in Amsterdam : Aussie Heiny is... how can i put this politely... VERY SH*TE!
Best Heineken is Canned or on tap.

Tenants : tasty sweet Irish Lager.

Cruzcampo : Lovely cheap Spanish beer, flavour has to grow on you but a top notch beer.

In The Darkness Of Oblivion, Light Is Just A Shade Of Grey

"A son of fire should be forced to bow before a son of clay?”
View Public Profile Find more posts by Bishop Grey Add Bishop Grey to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.44
(06-Jan-2007 at 17:36)

I like the taste of beer, especially lager... I just don't like heineken, it has so little taste.. one of the more watery beers around in the region here :/

look! Butterflies! *chases*
gnar!
View Public Profile Visit Firn's homepage Find more posts by Firn Add Firn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Celtic209)
(06-Jan-2007 at 18:29)

I also prefer Vodka (you arent alone nimon!)

However i will drink a bottle of the "half-beers" if offered.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Celtic22 Add Celtic22 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Lunor wtfX)
(06-Jan-2007 at 19:02)

Never liked beer. I hear it's an acquired taste...but I see no need to acquire the taste

Sometimes I drink a beer, but if I get a choice of drinks and it wouldn't bother anyone getting something else then I'd definately go for another kind of drink.

Don't like any alcoholic beverage really. Well except for the sweet stuff with which you don't taste the alcohol...but why not just drink lemonade then?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Jenn and Jos)
(06-Jan-2007 at 20:09)

nope dont like beer. especially since im allergic to it

Giraffes are cool
View Public Profile Find more posts by Jenn2008 Add Jenn2008 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Jan-2007 at 21:29)

Re: Do you like the taste of beer?

Originally Posted by Azure Dragon: View Post
Beer is foul. Give me a nice red wine instead

Seriously, there isn't many beers I like, and the ones I do been slated in this thread!
Interesting I cant stand any wine .... it all taste the same no matter it being red, white or sparkling ... it all taste like vinegar ....

Where as beer I love I brew my own

Fear is the foundation of most governments
Five years of banning
04-Dec-2002 Starfriend Spamming
11-Dec-2007 Saint Sinner Off-Topic Post
Happy Wooden anniversary
View Public Profile Find more posts by HarleyQuinnROX Add HarleyQuinnROX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $50.00
(06-Jan-2007 at 21:50)

Beer is an aquired taste, many people don't like at first. Especially if you have only drunk the more sweeter alcoholic drinks first (e.g. cider, peach schnapps e.t.c.). Whats more is that beers are not similar at all since the term 'beer' can also mean ale & larger too. Tanglefoot (one of my favourites) tastes nothing like Hoegaarden.

This is what every PvP argument boils down to:
Dear Devs:
Rock is overpowered, please nerf. Paper is fine.
Yours, Scissors
View Public Profile Find more posts by Grashnak Add Grashnak to your Buddy List Reply with Quote