Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Do you like the taste of beer?
Yes 64 67.37%
No 31 32.63%
Who voted? Voters: 95
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(06-Jan-2007 at 21:55)

I guess I don't have the acquired taste for beer because I am a fan of Smirnoff lol. I checked the garage where my dad keeps it beer, he has some Hoegaarden and Kronemburg 1664 surprisingly (he bought it for his family on New Years Day lunch because they like stronger beers.)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Acadian9 Add Acadian9 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as matinog)
(06-Jan-2007 at 22:02)

my favorite is Aguila, from Colombia. For some reason it taste different here that it does in Colombia. But im really not a taste freak, if its acceptable ill drink it.

RIP John Lennon
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mandraque Add Mandraque to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Jan-2007 at 00:30)

Yeah, I like beer, nothing specific though. I prefer less stout kinds though, just something smooth to relax with after a days work.

This too will pass
View Public Profile Find more posts by Samurai Pooh Add Samurai Pooh to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Jan-2007 at 01:12)
Re: Do you like the taste of beer?

Originally Posted by RWP: View Post
I like the taste of good beer. For the silly people among us who think Heineken is a good, strong beer, it's not. It's piss coloured water.
If you want the taste of good beer you'll have to go for Belgian beers such as Westmalle and Duvel or Dutch beers such as La Trappe and, a bit cheaper, Hertog Jan. I'm not sure what you import in other countries but people abroad should really lose the ridiculous idea that Heineken is good.
Dont forget that there is a big difference between Heineken export beer and the shit we drink in Holland. The export is of higher quality and certainly better beer...

My favourite is San Miguel though, it even tastes good not served cold. Ice cold beer is overrated in my opinion though... Other good ones are Koningk and Palm beer.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Pesa Add Pesa to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Jan-2007 at 01:48)

Beer is ok and with lager it's even better. I think it's good if it's chilled.

You know the real meaning of PEACE only if you have been through the war. Anyone, who truly wants to go to war, has never truly been there before!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invasion Add Invasion to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $112.99
(07-Jan-2007 at 07:43)

No. For that matter, no alcoholic drink, gives me a fierce headache. With one exception, flavored wine. I can drink that stuff like water.
View Public Profile Find more posts by advocatus Add advocatus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Jan-2007 at 09:18)
Apparantly I do like it cause I average around 3 cases per week :/ Generally Budweiser, but if need be Coors light or MGD (bottle only). Recently my mom visited a micro-brewery in Lancaster, Pennsylvania and brought me back a 6-pack of Milk Stout. At first I was a little hesitant to try it, but, it's actually real good. Kinda tastes a little like coffee with a hint of chocolate. For those of you who watch The Drew Carey Show it's pretty much how you'd imagine Buzz Beer. I think it's only sold in the U.S., but, if you can find it try it!
View Public Profile Find more posts by ujgearhead Add ujgearhead to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Jan-2007 at 09:31)

i don't like taste of beer. but i think i'll get used to it.

Sometimes it's better not to think. -pokymaiden
View Public Profile Find more posts by porkymaiden Add porkymaiden to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Jan-2007 at 12:48)

i like the taste of beer....but its kinda like smoking....i mean, how many people liked the TASTE of the first time they smoked a cigarette....not too many....now if you ask people who have been smoking for 20 years if they like the TASTE of cigs, they will either respond, with "i dont even taste them", or "yes"...its a aquired taste

if you drink enough beer, you'll start to like....wether thats a good thing or not, is up for debate

"Hmph, you and your third dimension."
"What about it?" "Oh nothing, itís cute. We have five."
"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(07-Jan-2007 at 14:35)

Originally Posted by HarleyQuinnROX: View Post
Interesting I cant stand any wine .... it all taste the same no matter it being red, white or sparkling ... it all taste like vinegar ....

Where as beer I love I brew my own
Then I'd say you haven't tasted really good wine, or that you've tasted it together with the wrong food.
I like white wine better than red, because I like crisp/sharp wines better than round/full wines, but with the right food or in the right setting, a red wine is just as good as a white.

What method do you brew by?
Originally Posted by advocatus: View Post
No. For that matter, no alcoholic drink, gives me a fierce headache. With one exception, flavored wine. I can drink that stuff like water.
Flavoured wine? Elaborate please.
Originally Posted by Chillin: View Post
i like the taste of beer....but its kinda like smoking....i mean, how many people liked the TASTE of the first time they smoked a cigarette....not too many....now if you ask people who have been smoking for 20 years if they like the TASTE of cigs, they will either respond, with "i dont even taste them", or "yes"...its a aquired taste

if you drink enough beer, you'll start to like....wether thats a good thing or not, is up for debate
When I first tasted beer, it was an unusual taste, of course. However, after half a year after the first, I had developed a specific taste in beers, loving some and avoiding others. So if it's an acquired taste, I acquire fast.
As for tobacco, I started out smoking cigars/cigarillos, and continued doing so because I liked the taste. It was over a year from I first started smoking until I had my first cigarette. And yes, I like the taste, or rather the scent.

I am 'great', and yet... I stumble.
...Naz thinks he's great, but should have self critique/irony to see that he stumbles... Stubb apparently hasn't seen the show Shark.
...Yet Stubb would provide a link to where a quote is taken from... How's -that- for an URL. ;] ... How about -this- as the #1 result? ;p Explanation: PEBKAC HELP! I'm being repressed!. . . I love beer and WP.
View Public Profile Find more posts by 0Stubb0 Add 0Stubb0 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Jan-2007 at 14:48)
how unspecific a question XD it's almost like asking "do you like the taste of food" :P

I prefer above all Guinness, the irish black gold (: nothing beats a good cold guinness in my eyes.

Lacking guinness there's several Czech beers (those guys rock the brewing world) (can never remember the names) and lacking the location bonus there's always the Heineken to make up the poor quality in quantity (: I feel nothing else brewn in the netherlands is remotely drinkable tho...beside the fact most Dutch/German brands give me a solid headache
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ainumahtar Add Ainumahtar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(07-Jan-2007 at 14:50)

Originally Posted by Ainumahtar: View Post
nothing beats a good cold guinness in my eyes.
Personally I prefer Guinness in the mouth...

I am 'great', and yet... I stumble.
...Naz thinks he's great, but should have self critique/irony to see that he stumbles... Stubb apparently hasn't seen the show Shark.
...Yet Stubb would provide a link to where a quote is taken from... How's -that- for an URL. ;] ... How about -this- as the #1 result? ;p Explanation: PEBKAC HELP! I'm being repressed!. . . I love beer and WP.
View Public Profile Find more posts by 0Stubb0 Add 0Stubb0 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Thrinniti)
(07-Jan-2007 at 15:20)

I Got Beer!

I may not have a Q.P.A.
and I may never graduate
But I don't care, I don't care
Cause I got beer, I got beer!
I may never marry a fashion model
I may never win an Olympic medal
I may not have any ambitions
I may lack any strong passions
But I got no fear, I got no fear
I may be forever be in debt
A good job, I never will get
But one thing is certainly clear
I got beer, Yeah, I got beer!
I may not be able to read a book
My destiny may be as a fast food cook
I may never be lucky at love
I may never own much stuff
But I got no fear, got no fear
Heineken, Labatt, Miller or Old Milwaukee
It all depends on if I got any money
Cause I don't care, I got no fear
As long as I got beer, I got beer!

Gues what i picked

And Apeiron, as much as i would have liked Hoegaarden to be a Dutch beer, the Belgiums have to take the credit for it

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids , we'd all be running around in darkened rooms munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electron ic music ."
Kristian Wilson , Nintendo Inc 1989
View Public Profile Find more posts by Skrix Add Skrix to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $2.20
(07-Jan-2007 at 15:37)

No. I hate the taste of alcohol. Hate its smell, too

s o u l f i r e
View Public Profile Find more posts by Drizzt Add Drizzt to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Jan-2007 at 20:34)

Originally Posted by 0Stubb0: View Post
Then I'd say you haven't tasted really good wine, or that you've tasted it together with the wrong food.
I like white wine better than red, because I like crisp/sharp wines better than round/full wines, but with the right food or in the right setting, a red wine is just as good as a white.

What method do you brew by?
0Stubb0, I dated a girl for 7 years who's father was the president of a wine appreciation society ... I've tasted all kinds of wines from el cheapo's to some that cost the same as my house with correct foods and without .... they spent years trying to get me to like at least one wine ...... I just don't like wine

And I brew with kits, don't have the skill to scratch brew .... or the time my grandfather does and thats a stunning drop

Fear is the foundation of most governments
Five years of banning
04-Dec-2002 Starfriend Spamming
11-Dec-2007 Saint Sinner Off-Topic Post
Happy Wooden anniversary
View Public Profile Find more posts by HarleyQuinnROX Add HarleyQuinnROX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Jan-2007 at 20:37)

Originally Posted by Pesa: View Post
Dont forget that there is a big difference between Heineken export beer and the shit we drink in Holland. The export is of higher quality and certainly better beer...

My favourite is San Miguel though, it even tastes good not served cold. Ice cold beer is overrated in my opinion though... Other good ones are Koningk and Palm beer.
Really because Heine's and KoningK sold here in Aus is cats piss ........... I couldn't even imagine how bad it is in Holland then.

Five years of banning
Happy Wooden anniversary
View Public Profile Find more posts by HarleyQuinnROX Add HarleyQuinnROX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Jan-2007 at 21:24)

I hate beer. I used to drink every alcoholic drink I'd get my hands on, I really didn't mind. But things have changed drastically and I hardly ever drink. And if I do, I only drink wine or liqueurs.

2012 <--- GOOGLE BOMB IT.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sabbie Add Sabbie to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Jan-2007 at 22:28)

Originally Posted by HarleyQuinnROX: View Post
Really because Heine's and KoningK sold here in Aus is cats piss ........... I couldn't even imagine how bad it is in Holland then.
Export Heineken indeed tastes like water...I like the Heineken they give in Holland more as there is a more distinguished taste to it then to the export one. Heineken is however beaten by Palm and C'ney (both from belgium). These three beers however fade away compared Grolsch (just try to say that in a foreign country! ), especially the ones with the beugel (Don't give me warningpoints it is an english word!). An easy to use swing-top cap, eliminating the need for an opener.

And they come in half liter bottles

My worst nightmare........

The idea, that one day, my mother might be able to gnaw through the ropes.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Boofer Add Boofer to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Jan-2007 at 23:50)

Originally Posted by Boofer: View Post
Export Heineken indeed tastes like water...I like the Heineken they give in Holland more as there is a more distinguished taste to it then to the export one. Heineken is however beaten by Palm and C'ney (both from belgium). These three beers however fade away compared Grolsch (just try to say that in a foreign country! ), especially the ones with the beugel (Don't give me warningpoints it is an english word!). An easy to use swing-top cap, eliminating the need for an opener.

and D.A.B. comes in party kegs ..... http://www.wishlist.com.au/images/Pr...N3983dab_L.jpg taste is an interesting thing ... cant stand dutch beer prefer Bavarian wheat beers.

Five years of banning
Happy Wooden anniversary
(Posted as Thrinniti)
(09-Jan-2007 at 02:03)

Quote:
45cl in fact i believe though i didn't knew beer brands used other quality beer for export. And btw, i think belgium beats holland overall on beer

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids , we'd all be running around in darkened rooms munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electron ic music ."
Kristian Wilson , Nintendo Inc 1989
View Public Profile Find more posts by Skrix Add Skrix to your Buddy List Reply with Quote