Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Do you eat raw eggs?
Yes 6 11.54%
No 46 88.46%
Who voted? Voters: 52
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(20-Jan-2007 at 20:18)

Do you eat raw eggs?

Me, I do not. Never have as I've been told that they can make you sick. I see other's doing it so really wonder if they do make you sick.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Acadian9 Add Acadian9 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Jan-2007 at 20:53)

Dude no, why would you do that?

I don't really know anyone who does. I think it's kind of weird.

2012 <--- GOOGLE BOMB IT.

Last edited by Sabbie, 20-Jan-2007 at 20:54.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sabbie Add Sabbie to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Jan-2007 at 21:30)

I think the reason to eat raw eggs is that they're supposed to heavily stimulate muscle growth?

I can't imagine eating it myself though. Really disgusting
View Public Profile Visit Apeiron's homepage Find more posts by Apeiron Add Apeiron to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Jan-2007 at 21:31)

yeah they have all kinds of protein in em, and u can drink a egg faster than eating, so a body builder slams down like 4 eggs then goes and works out.....

but umm...no, thats just gross

"Hmph, you and your third dimension."
"What about it?" "Oh nothing, itís cute. We have five."
"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Stygma SsM)
Donated $5.00
(20-Jan-2007 at 21:50)
Sure I do, ever heard of raw cookie dough or cake mix? Licking off the mixers is yummy.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Stygma Add Stygma to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Jan-2007 at 23:36)

Re: Do you eat raw eggs?

Originally Posted by Stygma SsM: View Post
Sure I do, ever heard of raw cookie dough or cake mix? Licking off the mixers is yummy.
Raw eggs may contain salmonella while cookie dough, well yes it contains raw egg but the concentrations are far less obviously. My mom always lets me lick the beaters but not eat raw egg because of this.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Acadian9 Add Acadian9 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Thrinniti)
(20-Jan-2007 at 23:46)

just like meat it's better to bake ur eggs before you eat it. Usually anything raw is often not healty. Would you feel secure drinking cow milk out of the nibble? i wouldn't... I'll won't even call myself a rookie on the field of animal deceases though, but i only hear the bad stories about eating raw eggs and next to that it sounds logical to me.

Eating raw eggs is a common practise though, but the only ppl who do it that i know off do if for muscle growth. So i can't imagine why you would eat it otherwise.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids , we'd all be running around in darkened rooms munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electron ic music ."
Kristian Wilson , Nintendo Inc 1989
View Public Profile Find more posts by Skrix Add Skrix to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(21-Jan-2007 at 01:54)

If you fry an egg 'sunny side' or whatever you call it, with the yolk intact and liquid, you're actually eating raw egg. And yes, I eat raw egg. In the aforementioned form.

And for the record, I have no problem eating raw meat or fish (though I prefer it dried/salted/smoked), and yes, I have had cow's milk straight from the beast.

Milk straight from the animal is actually healthier by far than milk you buy in the store.

I am 'great', and yet... I stumble.
...Naz thinks he's great, but should have self critique/irony to see that he stumbles... Stubb apparently hasn't seen the show Shark.
...Yet Stubb would provide a link to where a quote is taken from... How's -that- for an URL. ;] ... How about -this- as the #1 result? ;p Explanation: PEBKAC HELP! I'm being repressed!. . . I love beer and WP.
View Public Profile Find more posts by 0Stubb0 Add 0Stubb0 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Thrinniti)
(21-Jan-2007 at 02:14)

But can we take your arguments really seriously??.. i mean...you have an avatar of the deerhunter right

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids , we'd all be running around in darkened rooms munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electron ic music ."
Kristian Wilson , Nintendo Inc 1989
View Public Profile Find more posts by Skrix Add Skrix to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(21-Jan-2007 at 04:46)

Of course.

Everuthing I say can be trustred, especially when I'm drink-.

...Naz thinks he's great, but should have self critique/irony to see that he stumbles... Stubb apparently hasn't seen the show Shark.
...Yet Stubb would provide a link to where a quote is taken from... How's -that- for an URL. ;] ... How about -this- as the #1 result? ;p Explanation: PEBKAC HELP! I'm being repressed!. . . I love beer and WP.
View Public Profile Find more posts by 0Stubb0 Add 0Stubb0 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $3.48
(21-Jan-2007 at 04:49)

nonono! ewww

though i hear if you put it in tea or something it'll be good for you??

<3
View Public Profile Visit alyz's homepage Find more posts by alyz Add alyz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Jan-2007 at 05:12)

Hmmm, people bring up good points about having raw egg's (like in cookie dough and in my sunny-side up eggs" so mabey I should clarify this: do you eat raw egg's straight out of the egg shell?
WoW Moderator
Donated $22.00
(21-Jan-2007 at 12:39)

No, I do't really eat raw eggs. It's disgusting (snot, anyone?) and I fear salmonella.

But when I was a kid, I liked to eat the yolk (sp?) with cocoa and sugar. Weird thing to do, really

Hmmmm... I think I need a new signature
View Public Profile Visit Sossy's homepage Find more posts by Sossy Add Sossy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(21-Jan-2007 at 14:16)

Originally Posted by Acadian9: View Post
Hmmm, people bring up good points about having raw egg's (like in cookie dough and in my sunny-side up eggs" so mabey I should clarify this: do you eat raw egg's straight out of the egg shell?
In that case, no.

But I thought of another case where raw eggs rox; Eggedosis! (I have no idea what it's called in english)
It's raw egg yolks and sugar whipped together into a sweet, sweet frothy kind of substance. Usually it does into cake/cookie doughs, but it tastes great alone aswell

Donated $4.64
(21-Jan-2007 at 14:42)

The Japanese mix raw egg with rice for breakfast sometimes I think. That's what I saw in a documentary about Japan anyway.

Personally I don't eat raw egg. I do eat almost-raw egg on occasion though, soft-boiled for like a minute so some of the egg white turns solid. It's all gooey and when you mix it with soy sauce it's quite tasty.
View Public Profile Find more posts by CloudHeartsMeli Add CloudHeartsMeli to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $2.44
(22-Jan-2007 at 05:40)

Originally Posted by CloudHeartsMeli: View Post
The Japanese mix raw egg with rice for breakfast sometimes I think. That's what I saw in a documentary about Japan anyway.
The Chinese and Koreans do it too

Anyway, depends on your definition of raw really, Sunny-Side-Up has been mentioned, i like my fried eggs that way (with sweet and sour source, no not the stupid bottled ones, homemade), i have raw egg yolk in my hotpot sauce, egg on rice/noodles have been mentioned.

So i guess its an yes for me, although i dont like raw egg whites.
View Public Profile Find more posts by NeoDeGenero Add NeoDeGenero to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Jan-2007 at 06:05)

I'm pretty sure I would projectile vomit if any raw egg went in my mouth, I don't even like eggs cooked...eccept on a sandwitch.

And frothed eggs with sugar is baked and called a meringue. there is no yolk in that though.

I am the darkness in your life, I am the light
I am the end of your tunnel, I am the beginning of your future
I am the end, your end. I am the path to your salvation.

Your bane, or your hope. You decide.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brightbane Add Brightbane to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $2.44
(22-Jan-2007 at 06:23)

Originally Posted by Brightbane: View Post
And frothed eggs with sugar is baked and called a meringue. there is no yolk in that though.
wait, isn't that pavioli (sp?),you know that thing that looks like custard, but its white, often topped with fruit dressing made with egg whites. no?
anyway, is pavioli baked?
View Public Profile Find more posts by NeoDeGenero Add NeoDeGenero to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $2.20
(22-Jan-2007 at 06:41)

Yes, but only when eating hot pot with the raw egg mixed in with the sa cha sauce.

s o u l f i r e
View Public Profile Find more posts by Drizzt Add Drizzt to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(22-Jan-2007 at 16:54)

Originally Posted by Brightbane: View Post
Yes.

Which is why I did not describe a meringue. I also appear to have half a brain.