Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions > Religious Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(17-Sep-2004 at 23:39)

Mere Christianity

this is one of the most interesting and well thought out books i have ever read, and im only halfway through.

has anyone else read this? if so, what are your thoughts. thanks

im sarcastic and lazy, and proud of it
join S.P.A.M. today!Kyrina's other slave
if somethings hard to do, then its not worth doing-Homer
View Public Profile Find more posts by elvenarrow Add elvenarrow to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $2.72
(18-Sep-2004 at 02:30)

I read the book for AP English over the summer, and if I had to chose one book besides the Bible to read, it would be that. I LOVED the analogies he uses over and over, as he calls them imperfect examples because God cannot be explained (or somethin like that).

Even if you aren't a Christian, I would recommend reading this book. It could answer many of the questions you have from his perspective (one I agree with a lot btw).

I'm not ashamed of the One I love.
[Our dream] eluded us then, but that's no matter tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther. And one fine morning...
Hail Jesus, You're my Lord.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Victor1 Add Victor1 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Sep-2004 at 02:40)

CS Lewis is fantastic. The Four Loves is great too. His words are like honey. I often find myself re-reading many of his books.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Marduk III Add Marduk III to your Buddy List Reply with Quote