Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Temple > Utopia Temple Support > Targets Finder & War Finder

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(17-Jun-2004 at 18:03)
Idiotic Empty Kingdom problem on Target Searcher

I knew there was a reason I haven't been using UT's target finder, but the fact that I have been asked to imput 20 empty kingdoms in a row has gotten me really quite annoyed today.

The fact that you are asking only for empty kingdoms and then not giving credit makes the whole thing completely useless.

I remember UT's target searcher fondly from my noob days, but I won't be using it again. Continue happily your drive towards irrelevance
View Public Profile Find more posts by Niastri Add Niastri to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Jun-2004 at 18:49)

if you were to get credit for the empty kd button, ppl would just start pushing that button without even looking if the kd is full or not

and in a matter of days, the target finder would be useless

a spider crawled into my keyboard, now what?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Grom Hellscream Add Grom Hellscream to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Jun-2004 at 17:27)
Quote:
(Originally posted by Grom Hellscream)

if you were to get credit for the empty kd button, ppl would just start pushing that button without even looking if the kd is full or not

and in a matter of days, the target finder would be useless

And you think that being asked to enter in 20 empty kingdoms in a row makes the target finder *useful*? <smirk>
View Public Profile Find more posts by Niastri Add Niastri to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Jun-2004 at 17:31)

i have to agree with Niastri here, its annoying when you're asked for 20 empty KDs, but there's not much that can be done abt it so there's no point in complaining really...

Chillfrost, the Abducted
Twin/mysterious doppleganger of Burningboy, the Ascendant
*ahem* And i never supported Elan OR Mr Despot. Really. Never ever. Ask Bill
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillfrost Add Chillfrost to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old mas
(31-Jul-2004 at 22:46)
He has posted the only point that counts:

He doesnt have to use it if he doesnt want to. There are better ones who dont require credits. I use a private one that I only share with about 50 other guys. No credits and updated daily. But there are also public ones which are better that UTs. Go and find em. A google search and asing around will locate em.
View Public Profile Find more posts by mas Add mas to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Aug-2004 at 20:15)
But they could at least make it so that you get 1 or 2 credits for cutting and pasting the empty KD page in as proof that the KD isn't there. just a suggestion...
View Public Profile Find more posts by woog Add woog to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Oct-2004 at 20:33)
Quote:
(Originally posted by mas)

He has posted the only point that counts:

He doesnt have to use it if he doesnt want to. There are better ones who dont require credits. I use a private one that I only share with about 50 other guys. No credits and updated daily. But there are also public ones which are better that UTs. Go and find em. A google search and asing around will locate em.
Baloney!! UT uses it as a way to mark/keep track of empty kd's, simple as that. As a noob, I sometimes rely on UT to help me learn the game. I've been trynig to utilize the Target Finder and FOR 3 DAYS it's given me NOTHING but emply KD's. Let them do their own freakin' work or give 1 or even a 1/2 credit for each *verified* empty KD.

As for "always clicking on empty kd button", there's an easy way to fix that, all you have to do is program it so one copies/pastes the "0 Provinces in this KD, 0 Networth" status.

Lastly, if you can find another Target Finder for Utopia Genesis (be it "private" or "public") pls. post same rather than being all cryptic. I've Googled and nothing compatible has been found.

Sorry for the rant but it's so freakin' FRUSTRATING!!
View Public Profile Find more posts by jodiemc Add jodiemc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-Oct-2004 at 08:38)
I agree. This problem is extremely annoying and besides that, when I do get a kingdom, I get asked to input it over and over again and keep getting credits for it. It's totally messed up. I have a target that I want to tell everyone about because he's so outrageously landfat but I can't hit him myself because our kingdoms have a NAP and I just can't stand to see all that land go untouched while it's so obviously undefended.
View Public Profile Find more posts by edina monsoon Add edina monsoon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-Oct-2004 at 16:07)

It's the same 22kds in a row...not 20. ARRR!

They should give 6 freakin' credits for pasting/posting in the empty kd. And then freakin' move on...there's no point in asking for empty kd's over and over. Those kd's will never be un-empty again. DUR!!!

Flaps are for boxes.
View Public Profile Find more posts by poswm Add poswm to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Oct-2004 at 05:28)
mad

I agree with the posts above -- reprogram the target finder to give half a credit for verified empty kingdoms. If you want to be more strict about it don't give the credits until the person pastes at least one kingdom with someone in it. And sticak a few line of code in there that prevent it asking for the same kingdom twice in a row.

I really don't have time to spend an hour everyday looking up empty kingdoms. It's also unfair that other get to enter the same kingdom over and over and continue to get credits for it.
View Public Profile Visit Syele's homepage Find more posts by Syele Add Syele to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Oct-2004 at 20:53)
for real 20 empty kds, and not only this, ive just been asked for the same empty kd as 5 mins ago! is that ok? why dont u just let the ppl copy+paste the empty kds and get some credits for that
View Public Profile Find more posts by kazyv Add kazyv to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Oct-2004 at 17:11)
ok, am i really the most fucked and unlucky person in the world? 70 empty kds in raw, i mean, is there really someone out there who gets the request of a nonempty kd?
View Public Profile Find more posts by kazyv Add kazyv to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Oct-2004 at 20:21)
There is a simple solution to this problem that takes a relatively small programming change.

An Empty KD table needs to be created in the database. When a KD is marked as empty it is entered into this table. The target finder program accesses this table when selecting the next KD for credit, if it's in the Empty KD table it goes to the next KD.

There does create a problem with someone marking an active KD as empty, then their KD wouldn't some up in searches.

One solution for this is by only putting a KD in the empty KD table after 2 different users enters then as Empty.

I am assuming that the KD data is kept in a relational db.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Parkus Add Parkus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Oct-2004 at 01:08)
careless TARGET SEARCHES for GEN.

PLEASE DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS FREAKIN` STUPID!!!!!!!
View Public Profile Find more posts by BULLMAN Add BULLMAN to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Psirus)
Donated $2.28
(25-Oct-2004 at 01:16)

If you get pissed off then stop being a lazy, igorant fuck and manually find them. And btw, making 35 users to back up your argument just makes you look even more of an idiot.

Yes its a glitch, so deal with it, or do it the proper way instead of whining.

------The higher you are------------------
------------The farther you fall-------------

------------------The longer the walk--------

-----------------------The farther you crawl---

View Public Profile Find more posts by Araqiel Add Araqiel to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old PBA
(31-Oct-2004 at 17:46)
I have a look a like problem, it ask me for an emty kd, and when i post it i get no credits for it. This is starting to piss me off. I have checket that i'm on the right server.
View Public Profile Find more posts by PBA Add PBA to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $10.00
(01-Nov-2004 at 13:38)
careless

Even if they had you post however many empty kingdoms to get any credit at least it would be a known value. I think that what annoys people more than anything. I have posted 12 or 15 empty kingdoms every day for 3 days running in Genesis now. I may as well just post 1 entire island and get 1 credit for every kingdom posted, empty or not. The intell gets updated, everybody happy.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Diana Add Diana to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Nov-2004 at 02:10)
EVERY KD I've been asked to put in, has been empty. But only on Genesis. I went to WoL, and every one it asked me for there had something for me to put. But, stupidly, credits dont carry over for servers... You're still getting credits for putting in a KD, why not be able to use them on a different server?
View Public Profile Find more posts by celedhel7 Add celedhel7 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote