Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Which villain would come out on top?
Darth Sidious 97 65.54%
Voldemort 51 34.46%
Who voted? Voters: 148
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(08-Dec-2005 at 23:23)

Harry Potter and Luke Skywalker kill both together

I think Sidious would win, he can move so fast, use the force, all his cool stuff and Voldemort can't say his formulas that he is dead (use the force to make him stfu and then you can freely kill him )

-"Just who do you think he is? God?"
-"No, god would have mercy, he won't"
View Public Profile Find more posts by The Chaos Add The Chaos to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Dec-2005 at 01:45)

Emperor and the Empire vs Voldemont and his Death Eaters...

Sidious would win easily cause Force > Magic.

The One and Only DMW
View Public Profile Find more posts by DeadMenWalking Add DeadMenWalking to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Dec-2005 at 01:48)

It depends on who monologues first

Have a HooT
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lucan Add Lucan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Post has been warned)
(09-Dec-2005 at 02:00)

Re: Darth Sidious vs Voldemort: Which villain would come out on top?

Originally Posted by Lucan:
It depends on who monologues first
lmao I love it. Reminds of the line in The Incredibles, where Frozone says, "He had me, could of finished me off anytime, and what does he do? Monologues!"

Ok that's not exactly it, but close enough!

WTS. First non-enlgish, then size. It's a good thing you don't get wp for sucking at sig-making. Give me another week and I'll figure it out.
Signature suspended by Starfriend for violating the forum's rules.
Signature height exceeded the allowed 60 pixels.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mizeraaze Add Mizeraaze to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Post has been warned)
(10-Dec-2005 at 02:26)

No allies, one on one. A few hundred thousand stormtroopers against a couple dozen Death Eaters would not go well. And Mad Morgan get ouf my thread, ya tool.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin
View Public Profile Find more posts by KnightoftheNite Add KnightoftheNite to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-Dec-2005 at 23:05)

Quote:
Sidious could toss up some debris to block attacks and seize hold of Voldemort's throat, and begin choking him. Would he be able to maintain focus when being axphyxiated?
That seems kinda usless.Even if Sidius is half as powerful as Yoda(and i think he is much more powerful then this) he can probably lift a few tons with his mind alone.Why bother choking him instead of simply breaking his neck.Or pretty much crush his whole body.Other Jedis might be able to counter something like this by using the force(at least i think so i don't know much about Star Wars) but Voldermort is just some wizard and has nothing to do with the force.Sure it is more fun choking your enemies and seeing them die slowly but here we are talking about a clean kill.As for Voldermorts spells.Considering most Jedis have aboslutely no problem blocking,deflecting,avoiding bullets which are much more faster then some spell i don't think he will have much problem with this either.
Not to mention that didn't the force gave far better reflexes and speed then any human.And those nifty superjumps

Quote:
You don't strike fear into everyone just by having 13 'lackeys' who know a 'few' spells.
Thats true.Only in morons

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common; they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views
View Public Profile Find more posts by DHoffryn Add DHoffryn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Jarlaxle Baenre)
(10-Dec-2005 at 23:13)

Re: Darth Sidious vs Voldemort: Which villain would come out on top?

Originally Posted by DHoffryn:
That seems kinda usless.Even if Sidius is half as powerful as Yoda(and i think he is much more powerful then this) he can probably lift a few tons with his mind alone.Why bother choking him instead of simply breaking his neck.
Good point. While manipulating tiny things to cause death may not be feasable in a combat situation, breaking his neck certainly would be simple enough. Crushing his whole body is a bit beyond any Jedi, though.

Rumours of my demise are greatly exaggerated
Do the impossible
See the invisible
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
View Public Profile Visit Eltargrim's homepage Find more posts by Eltargrim Add Eltargrim to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Dec-2005 at 00:00)

LV would win by far. his speed is to high. even if sideos manages to stop the AK witht eh light saber, the saber would actually get destroyed by the power of teh spell. if sidieos uses the force straght to LV, he would be able to (dis)apparate fast, and be able to shoot again, with a fire rate equal to the speed at wich he can think the right words.

Mind tirkcs: LV beats them all. he could beat sideos in this, and see his moves before he makes them. no need for reducto, AK works agaist solid stuff as well, he used it to destroy HP's parents house. (book 1, hagrid tells). and the spell goes fast, sideos could never sling his LS fast enough to parry multiple, would teh LS survive the impossible...

on the other hand, LS blades are not made of solid matter or anti-magic, so the AK could just ingnore it...

anyway, no way the the stinking half-magic as the force could beat real magic from a wand, so LV would win easily.

We are all new to the game. some of us are just newer than others.
People who dont read signatures aren't to bright, sorta smell, and dress funny. but let's just keep this between us, OK? they can get kinda violent. made 300 posts! where did the time go?(maybe to home...)this sentence is not truredont rep me. im love the current title i have.
View Public Profile Find more posts by gloweye Add gloweye to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Dec-2005 at 00:02)

Quote:
Crushing his whole body is a bit beyond any Jedi, though.
I don't know at the end of Star Wars III when they told Vader that his wife is dead he crushed some kind of metal pipes or something without even concentrating on them.A human body wouldn't be much harder.Not to mention that it doesn't make sense to be able to lift a few tons or crush rocks(didn't Dooku do somethign like this in his fight with Yoda?)but not being able to brake a human body

Quote:
While manipulating tiny things to cause death may not be feasable in a combat situation, breaking his neck certainly would be simple enough
While breaking his neck is the fastest solution i thinkthat using tiny objects like bullets could also be very effective

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common; they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views
View Public Profile Find more posts by DHoffryn Add DHoffryn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Dec-2005 at 00:18)

I don't understand this biased against LV. How could the "force" beat magic. I mean it's magic. LV could do anything he wanted with it. Hence, the meaning of magic, makes the impossible and rarely possible seem ordinary. He can do anything with a wand, and seemingly, not to mention, without one.

It's good and all that Sidious could destroy the whole room he's in just by using the force, but all LV has to do is just disapparate. What is Sidious supposed to do against that?

Long Live The Red!!!
View Public Profile Find more posts by shaggers Add shaggers to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Dec-2005 at 08:23)

yes but could voldy disapperate on a instants notice i eman once sidious decides he is going to crush every organ in LVs body, hes pretty much dead, i mean (and i know this is going to sound a lil dungeon and dragonush) its not like he can cast a spell as a "free action" for nor eason, i mean once sidious crushes him hes dead there is no counter really

"Hmph, you and your third dimension."
"What about it?" "Oh nothing, itís cute. We have five."
"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Dec-2005 at 08:54)

Quote:
I don't understand this biased against LV. How could the "force" beat magic. I mean it's magic. LV could do anything he wanted with it. Hence, the meaning of magic, makes the impossible and rarely possible seem ordinary. He can do anything with a wand, and seemingly, not to mention, without one.
It's good and all that Sidious could destroy the whole room he's in just by using the force, but all LV has to do is just disapparate. What is Sidious supposed to do against that?
Because Jedis and Sith Lords are fearsome wariors who train their whole life and fight against overwheling odds and various kinds of enemies in a whole galaxy while the wizards from Harry Potter are childish and annoying (like their whole wizarding world) for the most part and their warior skill leave a lot to be desired.

(11-Dec-2005 at 15:19)

Force>Magic

Now let me explain

Magic comes from inside a person (people have diffrent levels of magical ability not everyone has magical ability so it must depend on the person)

People are living things

The force comes from all living things

the magic user would only be able to draw on their own magical abilitys while a jedi or sith would be able to drab on all of the force

basically a+b>a when b>0

and Darth Sidious could just start throwing LV in various directions when the fight started before breaking his neck, and a lightsaber blade isn't made of a solid object it's energy (and if I'm wrong it's positrons or something which are still so small you could destroy millions (billions) and not notice it by looking.).

Also if you notice the flow of the argument has been LV wins to Sidious wins to Sidious wins by a mile to "what you talking about Willis?" LV would win easily win to starting the cycle over. Clearly the logical arguement is in Darth Sidious's favor or just about any other force user for that matter.

"There are only 2 things that are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity, and I am not sure of the former."-Albert Einstein
View Public Profile Find more posts by wswordsmen Add wswordsmen to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Dec-2005 at 23:21)

ninja

I was bored during church today so I made a very low-quality doodle showing how I think the fight between darth sidious and lord voldemort would be fought and won.

Read the left column top to bottom, then the right column top to bottom, in case you are confused.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sidiousvsvoldemort.jpg (100.1 KB, 52 views)
View Public Profile Find more posts by emo kat Add emo kat to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Obi2Kenobi)
Donated $1.28
(12-Dec-2005 at 02:53)

lol at the drawing.

I have a question, though... Since Harry Potter could dodge Avada Kadavra, shouldn't Sideous have no problem doing it?

Would the curse behave like a blaster shot, where the light saber could deflect it back? Even if it couldn't Sideous wins easily, by sheer agility.

A real battle would be Snape vs. Sideous. Snape would be all like, "Master!" and Sideous be all like, "Darth Snape!" Then Snape kills him.

"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and if it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
~Alexandr Solzhenitsyn

Last edited by Obi2Kenobi, 12-Dec-2005 at 02:54.
View Public Profile Visit obi2kenobi's homepage Find more posts by obi2kenobi Add obi2kenobi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $1.20
(12-Dec-2005 at 03:07)

Do not underestimate the power of the dark side..

"If guns kill people...Can I blame mispelled words on my pencil?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mad Morgan Add Mad Morgan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Dec-2005 at 13:36)

Remember, Voldemorts Soul is fragmented so he is gonna be very hard to kill.
Therefore i voted Voldemort, darth vader would get his ass pwned hard!

If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time-a tremendous whack. - Winston Churchill
View Public Profile Find more posts by damastaf Add damastaf to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(12-Dec-2005 at 13:48)

Originally Posted by emo kat:
I was bored during church today so I made a very low-quality doodle showing how I think the fight between darth sidious and lord voldemort would be fought and won.

Read the left column top to bottom, then the right column top to bottom, in case you are confused.
I'm pretty sure Da Vinci is rumbling in the grave right now

I'm also sure that the dodging part is right.. so that spell is out of the question

Is there anyone good enough here to make maybe a flash animation ?
View Public Profile Find more posts by RoWizzies Add RoWizzies to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
(12-Dec-2005 at 14:55)

I could try... but it would be a novice's attempt.

People, like snowflakes, are all slightly different, but we all follow the same patterns -Stewie
Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

Some people are like Slinkies- absolutely useless, but always fun to push down stairs!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Azure Dragon Add Azure Dragon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Drizzzt)
Donated $2.20
(12-Dec-2005 at 15:12)

Voldermort rules what, a group of henchmen? In England? Sidious rules... an entire friggin galaxy. Death eaters would cower in the face of Sidious.

But even if we don't talk politics..

As Obi2Kenobi pointed out, if Harry Potter could dodge the adava kadavra, there's absolutely no chance that Voldemort could hit Sidious with it.

Even if Voldermort has to be killed seven times, Sidious can just force choke him seven times over. What can he do to prevent that? To be realistic, since Sidious is so arrogant, he would probably use force lightning on him or mess around with him some other way.

s o u l f i r e
View Public Profile Find more posts by Drizzt Add Drizzt to your Buddy List Reply with Quote