Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Do you like the taste of beer?
Yes 64 67.37%
No 31 32.63%
Who voted? Voters: 95
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(09-Jan-2007 at 08:30)

Re: Do you like the taste of beer?

Originally Posted by HarleyQuinnROX: View Post
and D.A.B. comes in party kegs ..... http://www.wishlist.com.au/images/Pr...N3983dab_L.jpg taste is an interesting thing ... cant stand dutch beer prefer Bavarian wheat beers.
LOL
Heineken, Grolsch, Hoegaarden, Hertog Jan etc also comes in 4 liter kegs. You have to put them into the beertender though. It is no fun drinken out of a keg so large....

My worst nightmare........

The idea, that one day, my mother might be able to gnaw through the ropes.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Boofer Add Boofer to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Jan-2007 at 09:48)

Originally Posted by Boofer: View Post
LOL
Heineken, Grolsch, Hoegaarden, Hertog Jan etc also comes in 4 liter kegs. You have to put them into the beertender though. It is no fun drinken out of a keg so large....

Never seen one of these bartender things .......... and drinking out of the keg gets more fun as the night goes on =)

Fear is the foundation of most governments
Five years of banning
04-Dec-2002 Starfriend Spamming
11-Dec-2007 Saint Sinner Off-Topic Post
Happy Wooden anniversary
View Public Profile Find more posts by HarleyQuinnROX Add HarleyQuinnROX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Arvid P)
Donated $1.20
(09-Jan-2007 at 16:07)

Quote:
Hoegaarden
Is it just me that reads that as.. something not doing with beer? (ho garden)
Anyways, yes, beer is indeed the second best thing in life, after coffee. Third, is coke.
You'll like it when you're older, when I was your age, I didnt like it either. Only drank ciders and whatnot (something I cant STAND today).

"If guns kill people...Can I blame mispelled words on my pencil?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mad Morgan Add Mad Morgan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $2.08
(09-Jan-2007 at 20:58)

Beer is an aquired taste. It gets better the more you have, both on the long term and as the night goes on. I didn't like it when I was younger, but now I drink any brand, on occassion (not an everyday thing). I can't believe you find Heineken disgusting. It's not good, but it doesn't really taste like anything. Kinda like soda. Bud is good, and Molson Canadian is better still. People tend to make a big deal out of what beer they drink, when they are all really similar. It's not wine, you are not going to find a "hint of raspberries" on your beer. The biggest difference you are going to find is between dark and light beers.

Having said all that, beer is not my favourite drink. Vodka is a good thing to get the night started quickly, specially if cold (if you live in Winnipeg as I do, or in an equally cold place, leave it outside during winter. Else, use your fridge). Dissaronno (sp?) is by far the best drink though. I never mix drinks, by the way. Everything goes straight up, perhaps with ice, depending on the drink.

"Why should I have to work for everything?! It's like saying I don't deserve it!" - Calvin.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Stewie Add Stewie to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-Jan-2007 at 02:21)

Originally Posted by Stewie: View Post
People tend to make a big deal out of what beer they drink, when they are all really similar. It's not wine, you are not going to find a "hint of raspberries" on your beer. The biggest difference you are going to find is between dark and light beers.

Of course it is ...... there is huge differences in flavors just like wine ... you can have fruity beers, hoppie beers ..... where the hops is grown, the soil, the region, the altitude, how much sunlight it gets it all factors into the flavor of the beer.

Fear is the foundation of most governments
Five years of banning
04-Dec-2002 Starfriend Spamming
11-Dec-2007 Saint Sinner Off-Topic Post
Happy Wooden anniversary
View Public Profile Find more posts by HarleyQuinnROX Add HarleyQuinnROX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-Jan-2007 at 11:55)

People tend to make a big deal out of what beer they drink, when they are all really similar. It's not wine, you are not going to find a "hint of raspberries" on your beer. The biggest difference you are going to find is between dark and light beers.
I have to disagree. There is a large difference between the brands. Just drink 4 or 5 of a specific brand and then switch over to another. You will notice a clear difference between the two (even when you're almost drunk )

Last year there was even an incident about Hoegaarden. Hoegaarden was taken over by Interbrew and they had to move the brewery to another place. When moved they suddenly noticed that the beer brewn on the new place had a total other taste then the old Hoegaarden, allthough everything they did was the same and looked the same. Up till now they are trying to get the old taste back....

My worst nightmare........

The idea, that one day, my mother might be able to gnaw through the ropes.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Boofer Add Boofer to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-Jan-2007 at 13:02)

I love beer, I drink Stella often, it's the best. I also like Hoegaarden a lot!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Cobra2002 Add Cobra2002 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(10-Jan-2007 at 20:47)

People tend to make a big deal out of what beer they drink, when they are all really similar.
Then I would say you don't truly like beer, but only drinks it because it can make you drunk.

You don't have to get drunk to enjoy a beer, you know.

I am 'great', and yet... I stumble.
...Naz thinks he's great, but should have self critique/irony to see that he stumbles... Stubb apparently hasn't seen the show Shark.
...Yet Stubb would provide a link to where a quote is taken from... How's -that- for an URL. ;] ... How about -this- as the #1 result? ;p Explanation: PEBKAC HELP! I'm being repressed!. . . I love beer and WP.
View Public Profile Find more posts by 0Stubb0 Add 0Stubb0 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $0.60
(10-Jan-2007 at 20:59)

Well, yeah, I like it, aslong its home made with my mum's recipe ^^

Generalization is rhetorics of simpletons.
"Sages learn from history... idiots learn from experience" -Fairy Tail manga
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lord Menchalior Add Lord Menchalior to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Dannoman)
(27-Jan-2007 at 07:49)
I dont mind the taste of beer (it is especially nice after a hard day's work), and I'm hoping to gain a better appreciation of it as I get older.

I prefer Tasmanian beer, stuff like Cascade, but especially James Boag. Boag's Premium and Premium Light are the best I have tasted and I've recently tried Boag's St George (which has 50% less carbs, so you dont get the bloated feeling and you also dont get that beer-gut) which is also terrific. Boags won gold with all their entries at the Monde Selection in 2006 and also for the past few years as well.

Unfortunately for everyone outside of Australia, only 1% of Boag's is exported so it'll be hard to get your hands on, but if you can, it's worth it IMO.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Isouttahere Add Isouttahere to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
(27-Jan-2007 at 17:28)

Originally Posted by Dannoman: View Post
I prefer Tasmanian beer, stuff like Cascade, but especially James Boag. Boag's Premium and Premium Light are the best I have tasted and I've recently tried Boag's St George (which has 50% less carbs, so you dont get the bloated feeling and you also dont get that beer-gut) which is also terrific. Boags won
trust me it takes practice and dilligance to get a beer gut, and all you have to do is have a strong core (75 sit ups a day randomly in residence) and some cardio 1-2 times a week which i now realized i have to step up on to burn the fat and your good, plus the cardio will make you feel more energized during the day. Although the beer gut doesn't really have anything to do with the overall fat i have a high enough metabolism and i dont drink beer TOO much, its the food im eating here, the dining hall and fast food places they have here are starting to catch up to me.

I'm 1970's pimp smooth...

Last edited by Money Mathews, 27-Jan-2007 at 17:30.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Money Mathews Add Money Mathews to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Jan-2007 at 06:34)

there are two kinds of drinkers in this world (aside from non-drinkers), one prefers strong taste of pure ethanol, like me, while the other prefer some other god damnablely bad tasting mix of dead bacteria and half degraded sugar, such as beer.

A new begining awaits, a begining where I am free, and this world will mean nothing to me, as it always has been a big nothing
The halls of this fortress shall be silent again, you shall trouble me no more
View Public Profile Find more posts by SwordsWorth Add SwordsWorth to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Iris Hope)
Donated $7.39
(28-Jan-2007 at 08:52)

Why isn't there an option of " i drink it, its okay, but it isn't my favourite drink in the world" ? =p i personally prefer wine, or liqour. Vodka is much more my type..

Originally Posted by Hawkeyekid: View Post
I love the taste of beer, but you've gotta go for the right stuff.

To be honest, it sounds like you've tried some of the "worst" beers out there. Heineken is good, but it's kind of an acquired taste. A little bit more bitter than most other ones, and it's a take it or leave it kind of beer. Corona is a step above horse piss. Not a very big step, but a step nonetheless. IPA's are also horribly bitter, and definately not one of my favorites.
I kinda like Corona, it's not good, but its not that bad either, compared to other beers ..

Originally Posted by RWP: View Post
I like the taste of good beer. For the silly people among us who think Heineken is a good, strong beer, it's not. It's piss coloured water.
If you want the taste of good beer you'll have to go for Belgian beers such as Westmalle and Duvel or Dutch beers such as La Trappe and, a bit cheaper, Hertog Jan. I'm not sure what you import in other countries but people abroad should really lose the ridiculous idea that Heineken is good.
Amen! good beer .. good's the word .. Heineken SUCKS .. at least those here sucks :/

Originally Posted by Lunor wtfX: View Post
Never liked beer. I hear it's an acquired taste...but I see no need to acquire the taste
Over here, "acquired taste" usually means "it freakishly horrible, what was i thinking when i got this?!!"

-= Il y a toujours espoir :: There Is Always Hope =-
~ Nothing is as real as a dream. The world can change around you, but your dream will not.
Responsibilities need not erase it. Duties need not obscure it.
Because the dream is within you, no one can take it away. ~

This too, shall pass.. You will not be just a memory.
View Public Profile Find more posts by ForsakenHope Add ForsakenHope to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.00
(29-Jan-2007 at 11:41)

No. Gross.

And I'm from Wisconsin, too. Weird...
View Public Profile Visit tlhInganHom's homepage Find more posts by tlhInganHom Add tlhInganHom to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $2.08
(30-Jan-2007 at 05:52)

Originally Posted by HarleyQuinnROX: View Post
Interesting I cant stand any wine .... it all taste the same no matter it being red, white or sparkling ... it all taste like vinegar ....
You are probably drinking tainted wine. A bacteria (or yeast, not sure) converts alcohol to acetic acid... if it gets into the wine, it's gonna taste like vinegar.

I can only drink roses... red is too strong and white is too sweet or too tasteless.

Anyways, back to beer... I haven't had one in a while, but I know they are great if the occasion is right... I'm not one of those people who has one with dinner/lunch every day, but if I'm playing poker or watching a hockey game, it certainly helps.

"Why should I have to work for everything?! It's like saying I don't deserve it!" - Calvin.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Stewie Add Stewie to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Jan-2007 at 06:15)

Originally Posted by Dannoman: View Post
I dont mind the taste of beer (it is especially nice after a hard day's work), and I'm hoping to gain a better appreciation of it as I get older.

I prefer Tasmanian beer, stuff like Cascade, but especially James Boag. Boag's Premium and Premium Light are the best I have tasted and I've recently tried Boag's St George (which has 50% less carbs, so you dont get the bloated feeling and you also dont get that beer-gut) which is also terrific. Boags won gold with all their entries at the Monde Selection in 2006 and also for the past few years as well.

Unfortunately for everyone outside of Australia, only 1% of Boag's is exported so it'll be hard to get your hands on, but if you can, it's worth it IMO.

im tasmanian so biased in this but i have to agree, cascade draught and james boag premiem have to be the best beers in this goddam country if not the world

Saint Sinner for President 2012
You're all fucking stupid
You're mafia, dont deny it.
Absalom
View Public Profile Find more posts by Skraz Add Skraz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(31-Jan-2007 at 21:34)

You are probably drinking tainted wine. A bacteria (or yeast, not sure) converts alcohol to acetic acid... if it gets into the wine, it's gonna taste like vinegar.

I can only drink roses... red is too strong and white is too sweet or too tasteless.
Good to see you're paying attention to all the posts. See this post he made in response to me saying much the same as you.

I am 'great', and yet... I stumble.
...Naz thinks he's great, but should have self critique/irony to see that he stumbles... Stubb apparently hasn't seen the show Shark.
...Yet Stubb would provide a link to where a quote is taken from... How's -that- for an URL. ;] ... How about -this- as the #1 result? ;p Explanation: PEBKAC HELP! I'm being repressed!. . . I love beer and WP.
View Public Profile Find more posts by 0Stubb0 Add 0Stubb0 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $3.01
(06-Feb-2007 at 08:08)

As a young child (ie, before I turned 18), I hated beer, as, for the most part, my runins were with Labatt Blue plus warm, which is SICK tasting.

Around my 18th birthday, I was introduced to the glory that is Molson Export, and have since developed a love for all things beer. Heinekin, Export and Coors being my favorites. However, they're all expensive beer and I thus find myself usually drinking Milwaukee's Best or Lucky Lager.

I've even quit drinking liquor, and now strictly drink the beers.
View Public Profile Find more posts by QuantumChaos Add QuantumChaos to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Feb-2007 at 19:07)

I never liked beer. I tried it first but still switched to sweeter and better tasting things

Heaven sent
Hell bent
View Public Profile Find more posts by Angry Angel Add Angry Angel to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Feb-2007 at 16:20)

i love beer, though i love Baileys more, that's seriously almost as good as sex (i know, i have little drinking problem).

i love beers like Duvel, Hertog Jan triple. A double or a tripple will always make my day.

Pleasure Palace FTW
View Public Profile Find more posts by arSinner Add arSinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote