Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions > Religious Discussions

Post New Thread
Author Thread
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
(31-Aug-2011 at 13:56)
Reality and Consciousness

Describe the universe which exists beyond what you are conscious of.

Having trouble?

That's because you have to be conscious of something in order to verify whether it exist. There is actually no evidence that reality even exists beyond that which we are conscious.

If I were to suppose that there existed a vast, objective universe out there somewhere beyond what I am conscious of, I would also have to suppose that there existed an immense consciousness out there to verify the totality of that universe, because there is no evidence that reality even exists beyond consciousness.

To summerize: There is no evidence of reality existing beyond that which we are conscious. Therefore, the supposition of a greater universe beyond that which we are conscious is also the supposition that there is a greater consciousness out there to verify it for us.

Last edited by Gotterdammerung, 31-Aug-2011 at 14:05.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Gotterdammerung Add Gotterdammerung to your Buddy List Reply with Quote