Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Temple > Utopia Temple Support > Targets Finder & War Finder

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(User is Banned)
Donated $2.77
(19-May-2003 at 13:38)

My target finding today consisted of logging into Utopia and checking our KD forums.

Yesterday I surfed through about 3 KD pages.. Target Finding takes time, since when?

The TF shows NW/A comparisons etc, but you still have to get the CB and all that info first. Any Attacker knows you dont attack blindly.. So just because they show up does not mean they are a suitable target.

What if they have Max Forts or are in a Super Kingdom? What about if they are an Explorer or a Semi Suicider.. What if they have been heavily hit recently.. What if they dont have troops out.

Alot of these factors can be involved in a players decision so the full picture is needed. So unlike your Diablo hacks, it doesnt show you the full picture.

The Kittens of Playfulness
Fire and Ice
Tails Entwined in Fun and Love
SilvreWolf My love, I am yours
View Public Profile Visit DarkSkies X's homepage Find more posts by DarkSkies X Add DarkSkies X to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-May-2003 at 01:33)
in order to be able to search 25 potential targets, you must first search 3 kingdom pages. then, when you have 25 potential targets, you must look at 25 kingdom pages. whether you use the target finder or not, the chances are that after you look at 28 kingdom pages, you will very likely find someone worth attacking. whether you use the target finder or not, you will more than likely look at provinces networth per acre to decide whether they are a good enough potential target to seek further intel.
View Public Profile Find more posts by marilith Add marilith to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as greeney)
(20-May-2003 at 01:42)

whether it's cheating or not... why not take advantage of it while it's there though

it's just as bad as being in an alliance from a certain point of view (which i am not at all against)

it's also just as bad to use utopia angel (which i'm pretty sure almost every decent player uses)

target finding just saves you hours from doing the inevitable as does utopia angel

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... /
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Tayjw)
(20-May-2003 at 14:55)

tongue

taget finder saves time i agree... but isnt that fair...
its a paradox... its ok but unfair... i think its unfair but i use it... im confused?!!
View Public Profile Find more posts by kentay Add kentay to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $12.00
(23-May-2003 at 16:58)

question

How can something be unfair if all people can use it equally and all people can be affected equally by it?

Even if you think it isn't fair, it isn't a lot quicker using the TF anyway. There are so many other factors to take into account, as Darkskies X so rightly points out.

I wonder: would any of the proposed features for the next version of the TF ever actually emerge? If it really was as powerful as MapHack [or whatever] as a result, would UT bow to the [increased] pressure not to host it?

Computer idle all the time? Want to help with medical research?
Join the UT [email protected] team
(our stats) (text-only client)

View Public Profile Visit rexregum's homepage Find more posts by rexregum Add rexregum to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Jun-2003 at 09:33)
Who cares if you ahve been pounded. Don't delete or reset. I have gone from 2000 acres to 900 acres in 24 hours 2 times this age and can still put up a good fight. Especially if you are a T/M then you actually get more powerfull WPA and TPA wise.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Blackout Add Blackout to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Jun-2003 at 09:52)
why does it seem to me that the only people complaining about the TF are those that have been hit because they have a low dpa to hell with nwa if you have a decent dpa then you won't get hit i've used the TF and i input my stats to find someone 100- 200 acres bigger than i am with a low npa and sometimes i do find some but i can;t hit them because they maintained a good dpa not a great one but a good one
View Public Profile Find more posts by bakery Add bakery to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Chaotic Gravity)
(14-Jun-2003 at 09:59)
i personally dont regard it as cheating, its not the attackers fault there are landfat provinces around, with hardly any defecnce, it is their job to attack, so they do that. target finder saves time, especially when people dont have alot of time on their hands and need something to help them.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Entrael Add Entrael to your Buddy List Reply with Quote