Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Temple > Utopia Temple Support > Targets Finder & War Finder

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as Hurley NA)
Donated $6.72
(02-May-2003 at 20:00)

I don't really agree with the target finder, it's just for lazy people who don't feel like searching. It kinda takes that part of the game of looking for a target kingdom by kingdom.

Life is a test and I get bad marks.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Hurleyy Add Hurleyy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $12.00
(17-May-2003 at 14:46)

Some people are lazy; that's not going to change in a hurry. You should know, though; using the TF can still be quite difficult if you want to find a decent target that no-one else has hit. You still have to apply the classic techniques when going through the results...

Computer idle all the time? Want to help with medical research?
Join the UT [email protected] team
(our stats) (text-only client)

View Public Profile Visit rexregum's homepage Find more posts by rexregum Add rexregum to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Tayjw)
(26-May-2003 at 14:40)

yup... hardworking guys deserve to find good juicy targets...its no fun anymore...
View Public Profile Find more posts by kentay Add kentay to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Jun-2003 at 09:04)
Maybe you should consider keeping a nice Nw/A so no one really cares about you?

Imo, the targets finder helps a great deal.
1. Won't give you a hard time looking for a target.
2. Won't give you the target's defense.

All it does is give you some statistic about a province.
If you're land fat, it's pretty easy to be hit - whether you're listed or not.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lwithmin Add Lwithmin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Jun-2003 at 20:43)
This target finder thing u got is trash...

It makes it easier for the ones who find it / know how to use it.

It also has drawbacks for those people and the kingdoms those provinces are in.

I have often had to bitch my own people for hitting into wars or hit targets in a kingdom thats to big.

I have also had to order retalls after war cause people keep hitting into our wars when we are winning cause they see us as landfat and dont think of checking if we are at war..

This service that you are providing is unsportly and defeats the purpose of being really active in utopia...

= Finding targets for you and friends and seriously think about what your doing.

I love this side, i check the discussions here often, i think the service of the prophet and angel is without equal, and thats swirve included, since they dont seem to be doing much for the community, made the game yes, make changes yes, delete accounts and try to get away with as little work as possible...

But i think that the only reason you have for the targets finder is to get more people to come here and more often, and to tell the truth, i think your being kinda "sell out" for keeping it up.

(sorry if my english is bad, im icelandic)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nastyboy Add Nastyboy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $12.00
(09-Jul-2003 at 22:54)

I do not think that any amount of protest is likely to persuade the owners of this site to take the TF offline. Your best bet is to educate your KD mates, so that[list=a][*]They don't get landfat.[*]They can use the TF correctly.[/list=a]

For most new players, the TF becomes a central part of the game. You can try to ignore it if you want, but you'll do more good by living with it.

Computer idle all the time? Want to help with medical research?
Join the UT [email protected] team
(our stats) (text-only client)

View Public Profile Visit rexregum's homepage Find more posts by rexregum Add rexregum to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Aug-2003 at 17:00)
I use Target Finder to find possbile targets for T/M ops when my KD is not in a war and I need some extra gold.

It saves me a lot of time. I can't afford to sit online and play this GAME for hours on end. The Target Finder allows me to be a decent player without spending half my life on the game.

I always make sure that the province I am doing ops or attacks against is not currently in a war and I usually even shy away from those that are hostile with another KD unless they are the only ones that turn up.

After the early stages of the game you won't see me up there unless you put in a really high networth/acre or none at all.

About 3/4 of the time, the targets I find are inactives or people who don't have a clue how to play the game.
View Public Profile Find more posts by tool95 Add tool95 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Aug-2003 at 21:48)
I believe the targets finder is perfectly fine because:

1) The information is available anyway.

2) Collecting this information manually is boring, time-consuming, and most importantly, not fun.

3) It makes the game more competitive because you can't rely on not being noticed.

4) It's not complete. Only a small fraction of targets are displayed and most are out of date. I typically do a combination of using the targets finder and manual searches of my island and a list of weak provinces that I track.
View Public Profile Find more posts by ekarat Add ekarat to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Aug-2003 at 22:15)

i agree with ekarat. On bf, only 14% of the kds are in it. 14%!!!!! It cuts down a lot fo the time, you still ahve to gather intel on all this stuff. I agree that people should check to see if the target is hostile/war first, and not attack if they are, but you get people doing that without the TF. I stay in war a lot, and when i'm not in war, i just want to learn/plunder, so i dont' really use it, but i'm all for it being there. Besides, its then public info, everybody can use it.

As for people leaving utopia, why are the servers constantly needing to be upgraded to handle more people?

"Duty is heavier than a mountain, death lighter than a feather"
-The Man Who is a Nation
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dracop Add Dracop to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Aug-2003 at 22:16)

oh yes,i almost forgot, on to keep filling that sucker up

"Duty is heavier than a mountain, death lighter than a feather"
-The Man Who is a Nation
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dracop Add Dracop to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Aug-2003 at 13:09)
Now, I didn't read all the posts, 'cause there was many, so somebody may have mentioned this before, but what about adding a restriction so targetfinder dosen't list provinces in war and hostile? I never attack anyone in war and hostile, and that is the time when being landfat might mean you're a very good player.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sp00ky Add Sp00ky to your Buddy List Reply with Quote