Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions > Religious Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Donated $50.00
(05-Feb-2004 at 21:52)

What if creation has already run it's course ?

Could all of creation have already run it's required course ? It seems that no one in the last 400 years has appeared to guide us (last widley accepted prophet I am aware of is the in Sikh faith 400 years ago - could be wrong about this). Could it be that God no longer has use of us or that this experiment has run it's course ? You have to admit it is unlikey that humans are exactly conforming to God's requirements & so with no guides we must be deviating a long way by now. We obviously need guides considering the number of prophets there have been.

Since we are not given to know God's mind (whatever your particular flavour of faith) - how can we know this idea is not the case or even be sure beyond reasonable doubt ? Would God bother to tell us if it was all over ?

This is what every PvP argument boils down to:
Dear Devs:
Rock is overpowered, please nerf. Paper is fine.
Yours, Scissors
View Public Profile Find more posts by Grashnak Add Grashnak to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $32.64
(05-Feb-2004 at 22:53)

Many have come, we just haven't believed them, might be our sad state of society.

After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one

The only reason we die, is because we accept it as an inevitability
View Public Profile Find more posts by Phased Add Phased to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Feb-2004 at 23:22)

We Mormons believe there are prophets on the Earth.

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
View Public Profile Find more posts by MAPS Add MAPS to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Feb-2004 at 23:36)
perhaps we should seek guidance through the tomes that many prophet had left to us.

Even in The world of black and white, there's always grey.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Zippikay Add Zippikay to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Feb-2004 at 05:42)
Hey I heard Mormons can marry multiple wives is that true?
View Public Profile Find more posts by bright06 Add bright06 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Feb-2004 at 18:47)
Quote:
(Originally posted by bright06)
Hey I heard Mormons can marry multiple wives is that true?
The religion says yes, the law says no.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Bernel Add Bernel to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-Feb-2004 at 01:32)
Pull up a chair guys, I've got your prophet right here.
View Public Profile Find more posts by merow Add merow to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Feb-2004 at 20:39)

You're missing out on mid 1800's
like 1840-ish
A fella's called Bab"Meaning Gate"
And Baha'u'lah (sp) "Meaning the Glory Of God"
THere are all sorts newspaper articles from back in the day you can find archived.
THere is a history of the fellas on this website
http://www.bahai.org

and there's a book called "Thief in the Night" by William Sears where he investigates into the prephecies that would need to be fulfilled before CHrist returns. A very good read
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sister Klon Add Sister Klon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote