Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Should the US attack Iraq?
Yes 491 42.07%
No 676 57.93%
Who voted? Voters: 1167
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(11-Feb-2003 at 06:40)
There is no reason for even one person to die - not an Iraqie and not one US/UN service person! I say:

NO OIL CONTROL WAR!! $5.00 A GALLON!!! It will all be depleted within 25 years anyway!! Leave everyone alive!!!

For the first time in my life - almost 1/2 a century - I actually fear the path of the government of my own country. So quickly it has reverted to the bigotry, racisism, and ignorant "fine white christian boy" attitudes it has taken over 200 years to overcome!

Please everyone send mail to wakeup our Congress!!! Tell them its time to join global society not to control it!
View Public Profile Find more posts by wobble Add wobble to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as the3rdmonkey)
(11-Feb-2003 at 07:05)
The worst thing about September 11 wasn't that thousands of innocents got killed. It was that the USA did not learn from it. The people responsible have clearly stated that they do not like the way the US tries to control everyone, among others. These reasons are what people believe and whether or not the US laughs at them the views will continue to be held.

So the USA got hit on Sept. 11. And using propoganda they dismiss it as an attack on freedom. Now they want to attack Iraq? Struth man I can't believe anyone could be that dumb! What do you think the terrorists are gonna want to do? But next time how many people are gonna be surprised...

Two thoughts:
A) One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
B) If both sides claim god is on their side, how can you be so sure he is on yours? (Think about this one)
View Public Profile Find more posts by 3rd Monkey Add 3rd Monkey to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Feb-2003 at 08:17)
"we'll end up killing thousands of civilians before we get to save one iraqi's life from saddam's control under bush's command. bush, IMO, is a 3 year old with a loaded gun running around in the schoolyard. besides, iraqis support saddam's control. why dont we focus on africa or something before we even consider iraq? leave iraq to the UN."
-Lord Drizzt

The diffrence is that Iraq probably got Biological weapons and if Bush is a 3year old kid running around with a loaded gun Saddam is a 3year old kid running around with bazooka...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Prise Add Prise to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Feb-2003 at 11:45)
YOU'RE all fucking crazy, Bush has nothing to do in irak, just let them live !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what's saddam done? so what hes got weapons????? do u really think hes gonna use them? hes not THAT dumb, he knows hes gonna get his ass kicked if he does !
View Public Profile Find more posts by Aurel Add Aurel to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Belnick HaJ)
(11-Feb-2003 at 12:22)

crazy ppl don't think like that...

Within darkness comes enlightenment.
There is no god, there is no Devil, there is no heaven or Hell
STYX HaJ challenged Lord Hawk - He ran off
View Public Profile Visit Belnick the God's homepage Find more posts by Belnick the God Add Belnick the God to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Feb-2003 at 13:05)
Quote:
(Originally posted by PlatinumGangsta)

yea y not, i mean we gunna have to sooner or later- y not now- betta now than never- also i say to anyone that disagrees that is not from US- if u get killed by terrorists and they invade u- u gunna beg us for help
mmmmm., Europe has far more experience in dealing with terrorists than the US (IRA, ETA, Bader Meinhof et al). There is no real evidence that Iraq intends to use its weapons, and Saddam is bad but NOT mad. his interest is in personal survival and he knows full well that any use of his alleged wmd against anyone else will mean the end for him.

Now if we are going to attack a nation that is in defiance of UN resolutions then lets look at Israel, 69 resolutions passed, none obeyed. Has nuclear weapons, refuses international inspections, has illegally seized territory, need I go on?

The Arab world sees the Wests position on Iraq and Israel as deeply hypocritical, which it is. This has bred the sort of fanatics who populate Al-quaeda. As for asking for US help, we in Europe need to develop our milatary to look after ourselves and then its ciao to US troops in Europe.
View Public Profile Find more posts by jonstix Add jonstix to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Feb-2003 at 13:47)
mad

Why the heck attack?? dont u americans find anything else to do?u are constantly in war!!Whats wrong with u ppl???U want Saddam?fine with me find him kill him do with him what ever u want!but why the heck attack one more country??Dont u think u have destroyed too many so far???Leave some to "play"with in the future because with this rate in a few years USA with be the only country in Earth!GIVE US A BREAK!!

P.S i'm an agry greek who had enough with america's will to dominate everyone in this world!!
View Public Profile Find more posts by greekie Add greekie to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Feb-2003 at 13:51)

Americans want oil thats it! And they tried to look on iraq to see if there was no mass destruction weapon, they found none, and then they will attack! Stupid war...

Luke44 - Lord Of MySelf
I AM CANADIAN
View Public Profile Find more posts by luke44 Add luke44 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Feb-2003 at 14:47)
sad Why do you all hate the US so much?

With out the USA's help in WWII, most of you would probably be under some sort of Nazi controle right now, and have none of the freedoms that you are using right now. I wouldn't be able to type this up with out the US, and you wouldn't be able to read it. When Europe got in trouble with both WWI and WWII, we tried to stay out of it. But no, you asked for our help both times.
If you really don't like us that much, don't ask us for help when the next nazi dictator comes along.

And I don't think the US should attack Iraq. I do think Saddam needs to be taken out of power, but quietly and quickly.
Everybody posts that he isn't mad/stupid enough to use his weapons. I think that he is, and just the thought is enough to make me worry and wonder that if in a few months I'll be drafted and have to fight a war half way across the world.

The US should stay closer to home and fight Canada!

Quitters never win, and winners never quit......
But people who never win and never quit are idots.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Robinton Add Robinton to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old NbM
(11-Feb-2003 at 15:20)
Quote:
(Originally posted by leetness)

Wow, you sure are informative for a 13 year old. I'm 14. =)

If history class has taught me one thing, it is that 'All wars are fought over money'.

I, as well believe the US economy will take a dip from mobilizing for war. But is it worth it? Hell yes!

And yeah...take him out.

Well War stimulates the economy, creates more jobs then that generates more taxes in turn makes more money for the warring nation. I think George bush is a nut. but i believe sadam is dangerous but not as dangerous as north korea.... anyways my prime minister (john howard) is a gutless puppet to america and the UK anyways there will be war i doubt it can be stopped now!
View Public Profile Find more posts by NbM Add NbM to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Feb-2003 at 17:01)

Quote:
"With out the USA's help in WWII, most of you would probably be under some sort of Nazi controle right now, and have none of the freedoms that you are using right now. I wouldn't be able to type this up with out the US, and you wouldn't be able to read it. When Europe got in trouble with both WWI and WWII, we tried to stay out of it. But no, you asked for our help both times.
If you really don't like us that much, don't ask us for help when the next nazi dictator comes along"

THe US did that from their own point of perspective, if they didnt help it would threathen themselfs.

It really doesnt change anything on how their stand is now, they are way to arrogant, they shouldt think that they control the whole wordt, I wasnt suprised at sep 11th, it just had to come one day.

Why's everybody so against the USA at this time? Simply, they are the ones who are wrong, and to foolish or pridish( donno if thats a word :P) to admit it.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Da Joker Add Da Joker to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Feb-2003 at 17:11)
bomb the sh!t out of saddam. you cant have guys who test massdestructionweapons on his own people(if he can do it on them, he can do it on anyone). sure he might not have massdestruction weapon but why give him a chance to get any? and if you'll let this in the hands of the UN all oil will be depleted before the crise is over. 'cause you know UNs policy: everybody still got rights nomatter what he does
or what he is capable of.
let the americans have some some fun and get some experiance amongst their troops.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Oboyen Add Oboyen to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Feb-2003 at 17:15)
exclamation mark NOO

They say they want to get rid of Saddam...

US can't even find Osama Bin Laden...
Saddam has even more money and opportunities, they will never get him personally, only the Iraqi's

And as for the rest, they just want the oil, and baby Bush wants to finish what his pappy couldn't
View Public Profile Find more posts by WandcontactDOOS Add WandcontactDOOS to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Feb-2003 at 18:20)
Somebody get a cb/som of Iraq(xx:xx) and I'll get a CE and we'll see if they're sending USA a dragon.. er.. n/m
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brute66 Add Brute66 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Feb-2003 at 18:22)
Can anyone give good/official reasons for warring Iraq? I am trying to find arguments, but fail to find good ones. Some arguments I rejected:

* Cause Iraq has mass destroyment weapons => but warring them is then dangerous, and there are plenty more countries who have that
* Because Saddam is a dictator => Also plenty of dictators on earth
* Because they ignore UN resolutions => also counts for e.g. Israel
* Because Iraq is dangerous for US => warring them is likely to give more blood then not warring them.

What do I miss?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Poekie Add Poekie to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as niggah)
(11-Feb-2003 at 18:26)

War is not going to solve anything, probably just add to the US/Europe hate that already excists in the Middle east.

I say we mind our own buisness and DEFEND against any attack from Iraq, rather than attack them more or less unprovoced
View Public Profile Find more posts by shadowrunner Add shadowrunner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Feb-2003 at 18:49)

Re: Why do you all hate the US so much?

Quote:
(Originally posted by Robinton)

With out the USA's help in WWII, most of you would probably be under some sort of Nazi controle right now, and have none of the freedoms that you are using right now. I wouldn't be able to type this up with out the US, and you wouldn't be able to read it. When Europe got in trouble with both WWI and WWII, we tried to stay out of it. But no, you asked for our help both times.
If you really don't like us that much, don't ask us for help when the next nazi dictator comes along.

And I don't think the US should attack Iraq. I do think Saddam needs to be taken out of power, but quietly and quickly.
Everybody posts that he isn't mad/stupid enough to use his weapons. I think that he is, and just the thought is enough to make me worry and wonder that if in a few months I'll be drafted and have to fight a war half way across the world.

The US should stay closer to home and fight Canada!

Actuly the Nazi were going to be defeated even if the us didn't join the war.After all they were alone fighting on many fronts without any help.The only help that was actualy needed was economical and europe repayed it a long time ago.Also unless you were jew or one of the other reaces that the nazi hated living under nazi regim would have been prety good

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common; they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views
View Public Profile Find more posts by DHoffryn Add DHoffryn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old Dym
(11-Feb-2003 at 19:48)
At first, I was opposed to war. But after a bit of thinking, what is so wrong about invading Iraq. Some say that this is just a quest for oil. Even if this were true, is that so wrong? Most modern and developing economies depend on oil. And economies the world over are in trouble, including the US. If the US had influence over Iraq and, therefore, the oil cartel's prices... Cheap oil is good for all.

As for the humanitarian cost, the fact is that Iraqis are dying every day. Some say that the poor health and nutrition of many Iraqis is due to sanctions from the Gulf War. If a new government were installed, they would no longer be isolated. They could sell oil and pay for food and medical supplies. Their dilapidated infrastructure might improve.

No doubt many will die in a US strike. But if we leave Iraq alone, isolated, they will starve to death.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dym Add Dym to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Feb-2003 at 20:24)
content

Soon every country will be under US control...and Iraq is just another tiny target in the way...mwahahaha
View Public Profile Find more posts by Jestyr1 Add Jestyr1 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Feb-2003 at 20:49)
Quote:
(Originally posted by Dym)

At first, I was opposed to war. But after a bit of thinking, what is so wrong about invading Iraq. Some say that this is just a quest for oil. Even if this were true, is that so wrong? Most modern and developing economies depend on oil. And economies the world over are in trouble, including the US. If the US had influence over Iraq and, therefore, the oil cartel's prices... Cheap oil is good for all.

As for the humanitarian cost, the fact is that Iraqis are dying every day. Some say that the poor health and nutrition of many Iraqis is due to sanctions from the Gulf War. If a new government were installed, they would no longer be isolated. They could sell oil and pay for food and medical supplies. Their dilapidated infrastructure might improve.

No doubt many will die in a US strike. But if we leave Iraq alone, isolated, they will starve to death.
The people of Iraq don't want war. They prefer to stay alive. Also I'm sure the poor people in America would rather have that the billions of dollars would be spent on them instead of on weapons.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Poekie Add Poekie to your Buddy List Reply with Quote