Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Suggestions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(22-Jun-2003 at 13:19)
Mixed Race Provinces

I was thinking about this earlier when I was reading over some of the more insane new races people wanted to have implemented, and decided to tack on really horrid disadvantages (like no science, for the Dragon race). That's when I got the idea for this: A province with mixed races. There isn't a dominant race in the province, thus no racial disadvantages are incurred, but no advantages either. The only thing that would be modified with them would be that they'd have access to all self-spells (because there are faeries and undead present in the province) but it would be harder to keep the peace with so many different races and cultures (maybe the happiness goes down faster, like if your people should be happy they are instead content.) I don't know, it was just something I thought of. Any comments?

Last edited by Trey777, 22-Jun-2003 at 13:20.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Trey777 Add Trey777 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Jun-2003 at 13:36)
what about elites etc.?

the province would have no character and i find it had to believe that Orcs and Humans and Undead will walk about together!
View Public Profile Find more posts by grynton Add grynton to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as BlackAurora)
(User is Banned)
Donated $2.40
(22-Jun-2003 at 13:44)

This could be an idea, but i think it would make the gam so more complicated. Internal Race management would become a really big factor here.

Dutch World Domination is inevitable...
Mail the Dutchie! | #LA IRC quotes on Lashback.org ! |Sossy's Boards !
U N D U T C H A B L E
The EvulurustestBlackAurora
View Public Profile Find more posts by TheNotoriousBA Add TheNotoriousBA to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Jun-2003 at 13:49)
Maybe elites could be something simple, like a 4/4 or a 5/5. As for races walking hand-in-hand, not necessarily. You're a good enough leader to get all the races in a particular part of the world to tolerate each other, and even work together on some things.
One thing I just thought of. If you're an elf, and you got fireballed down to like, 2 peasants, and then you sent you thieves over to an undead province and kidnapped 200 peasants. Would you then not be an undead province? (This has nothing to do with my original post, but it just came to mind.)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Trey777 Add Trey777 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Jun-2003 at 13:52)
i think it would be cool
it's like a marriage between orc and halfer
we can call it half-orc
the elite would be [8/1 + 4/5]/2 = 6/3
and all the bonuses can also be halfed and added together so u get half-orcs who's -25% magic but wif no thief penalty and +7.5% pop bonus. not to forget that they are half happy wif it
this can be done for all the races, the only problem would be naming them, immortal human? half-dead human?
just think of all the variety and chaos u can introduce into the game...drools
of course unless u're mehul, this wont get implemented...
View Public Profile Find more posts by EternalWanderer Add EternalWanderer to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Jun-2003 at 14:00)

Wouldn't it be nice for everybody to have the plague? or this race only goes with 1 personality.
View Public Profile Find more posts by vGool Add vGool to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old Ens
(Posted as NecroQuantum)
(22-Jun-2003 at 19:46)
Quote:
One thing I just thought of. If you're an elf, and you got fireballed down to like, 2 peasants, and then you sent you thieves over to an undead province and kidnapped 200 peasants. Would you then not be an undead province?
I've been wondering that for about 12 ages now

Anyway, I would think this would change Utopia too greatly. Sounds cool though.

The prophetized one has returned.

No, I didn't post. It just looks like it...
Even in the darkest hour, a light will flicker.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ens Add Ens to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Jun-2003 at 09:32)
awesome idea
But if you combined something like 2 races im sure you could get a really awesome race!!! Like an orc and an elf. good pop, decent leets and pretty good magic. then add a rogue personality......
BUt could be awesome. id lvoe to try it
View Public Profile Find more posts by Wolf22 Add Wolf22 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Jun-2003 at 13:28)
Sounds like an interesting idea, but isn't the point of utopia to play to the strengths of the race that you use? It seems to me that this idea would average out the races and so each would loose their 'special abilities'.

e.g. if you mix orc (attacker) with Halfling (tm) then you are reducing the good abilities of both the races.

Saying this if you mixed two similair races together then you could create the perfect blend. It could work but as BlackAurora said it would be way too complicated.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Omega Instinct Add Omega Instinct to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Jun-2003 at 13:31)

Imagine mixing UD in with others...

which half of the thievery ops would you get? hmmmm

-Part of the UT Christian Community
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ketam Add Ketam to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Pinhead)
Donated $0.44
(24-Jun-2003 at 11:19)

i have got the best idea, split the races into 8 different races, and fight to the death, kinda like now, go figure.

I finally found my old account again, so I am now using this instead of my newer account - VaX

Only over time, long after we are gone, will we know if our actions were just
View Public Profile Find more posts by Emperor Sidious Add Emperor Sidious to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Jun-2003 at 13:05)
mmm... i don't think so

it makes the game lose its excitment... i just feel as tho alot ppl would lose interest if that was implemented
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nuggy86 Add Nuggy86 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote