Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Suggestions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(29-Jul-2003 at 09:24)
Argument

I really unhappy too see why everytime when people try to post some new race, and somehow they did try(i did too). Some people just make a new race that suit to a certain playing stlye, such as A/T, or A/M and sort of races. It is fine to create a new race with personal happiness, BUT what i really hate and no happy with a comment :
Quote:
advantages and disadvantages not unique.
now, let me do little analysis
One of the adv and disadv is related to building, which been done quite frequently.
double building effectiveness
half building effectiveness
what else can you make from it? More effectiveness? then that is not unique.

second
Military strength
-attack speed
Quote:
related to attack style
-war horses
-merc
-military strength while war(undead)
-elite convertion(avian)
-military cost(elf)
-combat lost(feary<before>,undead)
what else can make from these? unique? you say no unique, than make another one pro or con on these.

Magic
-magic effectiveness(elf, feary, orc)
-magic failure(human)
-cost of magic casted(human)
-basic magic skill(no yet)
-advanse magic skill(feary)
-self spell on kd member(elf)
-or make another new disadv that distance decrease length of magic?(no yet)

Thief
-effectiveness(halfler,orc,feary)
-basic thief skill(undead)
-distance decrease what you steal?(not yet)

What else? i doubt we can create any more than these.

Sci Bonus
-max min of sci bonus(human,undead)
-auto generate 1 sci point per 10 acres per utopia day?(not yet)
-decay rate?(Not yer, but funny if happen)

no more can add in for sci bonus as well.

So? what else we can make to create a unique race? Let all the user who read this, brain storm, create a new races, you need to break these problem, create a new elite? then read below

Mehul Keen to let province have less defense, and more offense. As you can see that, we get only MP and Forts as defense bonus. This age, war sacience also included which is also same bonus ages ago. So, if you want to create an elite #/8, i wont say it is not possible in sense, but mehul wont make it, and the other people who give comment will oppose that over power or whatever $hit like that. Never or little chance to make it balance and help to generate balance races. I dont like this type of people. Only discriminate, never help.

For offense, we have agression, fanatiscm,barrack, war bonus, bloodlust, war pony, merc, war and hostile mode, and what else? So, very obvious that mehul make the game with 2 rules:
1. defense can hardly make another province unable to break you unless you train only 60% of military with elite, and have a NW/acres up to 300gc's.
2. weaken slightly of the military strength of t/m, which is balance so that attacker so have smaller chance to break t/m. As, i once see this, a feary with 120+ dpa, and use up all my elite, i can make only 95+ opa with elite of 6/4. and dpa, max i can make is 80dpa no mod with 75% drafted.
Thus, never create elite more then 8/6 as rate.

Another pro and con that people might use is
population limit.(human, orc)
exploring cost<include soilders and gc's>(undead, feary)
and now, i think how about limited exploring acres? i doubt this is good idea, as this idea stink. so whatever, can we make something else that
1. Not related with military
2. Not related with t/m
3. Not related with building
4. Not related with sci bonus
5. Not related with population limit
6. Not related with land.
IF take these all out, what else can make the races more unique?

Final conclusion, for all those who leave with only words which stated
Quote:
Not unique
Then you better just turn off your computer, sit there, think, what else can make that race more unique and then turn on again, go to forum, post your comment with better idea. Or else,
Quote:
JUST SHUT UP!
View Public Profile Find more posts by swatteam Add swatteam to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as F u S i o N)
(29-Jul-2003 at 10:37)

Re: Argument

Quote:
(Originally posted by swatteam)

I really unhappy too see why everytime when people try to post some new race, and somehow they did try(i did too). Some people just make a new race that suit to a certain playing stlye, such as A/T, or A/M and sort of races. It is fine to create a new race with personal happiness, BUT what i really hate and no happy with a comment :

now, let me do little analysis
One of the adv and disadv is related to building, which been done quite frequently.
double building effectiveness
half building effectiveness
what else can you make from it? More effectiveness? then that is not unique.

second
Military strength
-attack speed

-war horses
-merc
-military strength while war(undead)
-elite convertion(avian)
-military cost(elf)
-combat lost(feary<before>,undead)
what else can make from these? unique? you say no unique, than make another one pro or con on these.

Magic
-magic effectiveness(elf, feary, orc)
-magic failure(human)
-cost of magic casted(human)
-basic magic skill(no yet)
-advanse magic skill(feary)
-self spell on kd member(elf)
-or make another new disadv that distance decrease length of magic?(no yet)

Thief
-effectiveness(halfler,orc,feary)
-basic thief skill(undead)
-distance decrease what you steal?(not yet)

What else? i doubt we can create any more than these.

Sci Bonus
-max min of sci bonus(human,undead)
-auto generate 1 sci point per 10 acres per utopia day?(not yet)
-decay rate?(Not yer, but funny if happen)

no more can add in for sci bonus as well.

So? what else we can make to create a unique race? Let all the user who read this, brain storm, create a new races, you need to break these problem, create a new elite? then read below

Mehul Keen to let province have less defense, and more offense. As you can see that, we get only MP and Forts as defense bonus. This age, war sacience also included which is also same bonus ages ago. So, if you want to create an elite #/8, i wont say it is not possible in sense, but mehul wont make it, and the other people who give comment will oppose that over power or whatever $hit like that. Never or little chance to make it balance and help to generate balance races. I dont like this type of people. Only discriminate, never help.

For offense, we have agression, fanatiscm,barrack, war bonus, bloodlust, war pony, merc, war and hostile mode, and what else? So, very obvious that mehul make the game with 2 rules:
1. defense can hardly make another province unable to break you unless you train only 60% of military with elite, and have a NW/acres up to 300gc's.
2. weaken slightly of the military strength of t/m, which is balance so that attacker so have smaller chance to break t/m. As, i once see this, a feary with 120+ dpa, and use up all my elite, i can make only 95+ opa with elite of 6/4. and dpa, max i can make is 80dpa no mod with 75% drafted.
Thus, never create elite more then 8/6 as rate.

Another pro and con that people might use is
population limit.(human, orc)
exploring cost<include soilders and gc's>(undead, feary)
and now, i think how about limited exploring acres? i doubt this is good idea, as this idea stink. so whatever, can we make something else that
1. Not related with military
2. Not related with t/m
3. Not related with building
4. Not related with sci bonus
5. Not related with population limit
6. Not related with land.
IF take these all out, what else can make the races more unique?

Final conclusion, for all those who leave with only words which stated

Then you better just turn off your computer, sit there, think, what else can make that race more unique and then turn on again, go to forum, post your comment with better idea. Or else,
If you are here to create an arguement topic against everyone else, go ahead...

Everyone has a right to comment here because this IS the Suggestions thread. Its just in their point of view whether or not its a logical idea. If they don't think its right, they post it... I don't see what so wrong there.

Yes, I do agree sometimes ppl just post "Not Unique" and leave the thread, most of the time, we post it AND we give its reasons. You can't make a good idea, why not YOU leave and make a better idea for the better of Utopia. Stop whining just because you can't get a good idea.

If your idea got a bad review, then just stay with it to try to upgrade your ideas, at the same time, you will learn that having typical ideas aren't good at all to be implemented again and again... You just don't get the point why this thread is here don't you?

Anyway, your choice, you choose to argue with the whole community here in Utopia Suggestions, you are in the losing end. More so, you ARE wrong about the ppl just posting their reviews.

Whatever it is, go ahead and flame away all of us...

PS : Its not a serious matter and you shouldn't take it this way.

Death is a state of mind, I've lost my mind, therefore I cannot die.
Furious Under Serious Influence Of Narcotics
View Public Profile Find more posts by fusionev Add fusionev to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Jul-2003 at 11:57)
You argue about uniqueness, like it would be something everyone just use to stop all new race threads, but it's not the uniqeness itself, it is difference in playing style.

You also say it would be hard to get more ideas then those you have, but I think that there are many more ideas. Some things that can get a race to rely on specific strengths, for example a race with lower taxes would be played with mines instead of banks, meaning peasants aren't that important for income, allowing higher drafts without the big loss to income it would be else cause of banks getting more income. Things that may seem like the same thing can change the playing style a lot.

On military you could add a mass bonus for a certain amount of troops per acre, meaning you'll prefer attacking with all your troops at the same time, encouraging attacking people your own size, instead of bottomfeding. Or a +/- to strength for having the number of elites exceeding the number of specs/soldiers, would give weak elites a reason to be used, or strong elites would get a drawback. And draft cost? Or a 2/1 soldier? There are many things.

And on the thievery/magic part, you could add +/- to damage done. Or a +/- to wizards trained would result in something else than orcs, cause of free population which instead of needing more wizards for one thing, would get fewer, saving some population for thiefs or something. Bigger size difference penalties? Easier intel gathering? Higher losses on fails?

For economy you can have higher or lower taxes, or less employment. Or income more affected by happiness?

And what about cheaper sci points?

Or they can be more vulnerable to dragons.

I could probably keep going with this without turning off my computer. BTW... What's the point with this thread?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Cercurus Add Cercurus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as F u S i o N)
(29-Jul-2003 at 16:10)

Everyone would just have to ignore this thread. He's just posing to aruge with everyone that doesn't agree with some idea's that clearly isn't good.

Hopefully a Mod closes this thread and gives him the WP.

Trying to have an arguement and cause chaos, not good.

Death is a state of mind, I've lost my mind, therefore I cannot die.
Furious Under Serious Influence Of Narcotics
View Public Profile Find more posts by fusionev Add fusionev to your Buddy List Reply with Quote