Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Temple > Utopia Temple Support > Targets Finder & War Finder

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Old x
Imported Post
(28-Dec-2000 at 02:35)
Target Finder Bug?

This is what I did:

posted kd ##:##, got credit
then it asked me to post ##:## again!
Old blah blah blah
Imported Post
(28-Dec-2000 at 03:00)
bug

i was given this
Search Results
Province Name Race Acres Networth
Hel of Dim Forest (##:##) Human 26872 18,503,237gc
Ratio Honor
688.57gc 197028

When i searched for between 600 and 0 acres
(28-Dec-2000 at 03:39)
Re: Target Finder Bug?

How about searching for targets between 0 and 600 acres instead. Don't know if the script will bug out if you search for targets between 600 and 0 since I didn't write it.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Biirka Add Biirka to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
Donated $16.20
(28-Dec-2000 at 08:27)

Wouldn't it search between 600 and 65355(+1(one more step and you're at 0)) and then take the once closest to the middle of it? That would be HoDF...
Also depends on what kind of variable the targetfinder is using and so on, but it could be the solution.

Perhaps it should tell the user that the first number should be lower than the second?
View Public Profile Find more posts by SM Tengu Add SM Tengu to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(28-Dec-2000 at 08:56)

If you leave the second field empty or set it to zero, it will assume unlimited, so that:
- "1000" to "999999"
- "1000" to "0"
- "1000" to ""
all mean the same, and will search for 1000 to unlimited. It's not a bug, it's a feature ;-)

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old Sir Canabalistic
Imported Post
(28-Dec-2000 at 16:26)
Target finder question

I have tryed, but I just can't seem to be able to give the requested information to get the credit for using the on-line feature. Can someone tell me exactly what to do when I have a utopia angel?
(Posted as Runefire)
(User is Banned)
Donated $2.77
(28-Dec-2000 at 18:49)

Re: Target finder question

I dont know if this all holds true or not.

But when I was testing it, You had to put in an unformatted copy of the Kingdom Page, and copy from where it says "There are currently.."

Dont know if its the same, cause havent used it since I dont randomly grab someone.

The Kittens of Playfulness
Fire and Ice
Tails Entwined in Fun and Love
SilvreWolf My love, I am yours
View Public Profile Visit DarkSkies X's homepage Find more posts by DarkSkies X Add DarkSkies X to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(29-Dec-2000 at 01:16)

Re: Target finder question

Sir Canabalistic, both unformatted and formatted by Utopia Angel kingdom pages are supported. In either case, you should select the entire page from Utopia (CTRL-A), copy (CTRL-C), and paste it (CTRL-V) in the appropriate textarea in the Targets Finder page. If you are using an old version of Utopia Angel, it might not work, as only the latest version is supported. If this still doesn't help, please post here the page you're copying, and I'll try to see what's wrong.

View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old Sir Canibalistic
Imported Post
(29-Dec-2000 at 13:48)
Target Finder Question2

Well, I am just not sure which page that I should copy. Can you just tell me where to go in utopia when I should copy?
(User is Banned)
Donated $16.20
(29-Dec-2000 at 20:50)

Re: Target Finder Question2

You don't know what the kingdom page is?
View Public Profile Find more posts by SM Tengu Add SM Tengu to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old lohc
Imported Post
(31-Dec-2000 at 22:23)
Input fails

I was asked to input the kingdom ##:##, and I did, but when I pressed the get credit button, I didn't got any credit and they kept asking me for ##:##
Administrator
(31-Dec-2000 at 23:06)

Re: Input fails

lohc, this situation happens in some rare occasions, and I will try to fix it, but it's not tagged as critical.

Old Paper Sword
Imported Post
(01-Jan-2001 at 00:07)

I got the same problem as lohc... I tried to input value for ##:## and it keep asking me for the same results again and again and I can't search for any targets because of that. Is there anything wrong with ##:##?
Old Ceres Force
Imported Post
(01-Jan-2001 at 07:14)
Bug

I'm having the same problem with ##:##. My only guess is that it's because the kingdom has a dead person.
Administrator
(01-Jan-2001 at 11:46)

lohc and Paper Sword, the ##:## problem should be fixed now (World server).

Ceres Force, I didn't see any problem with ##:##, but I'll keep monitoring it, just in case (Battlefields server).

In any case, you should get credit for it. If you don't, then it's a more serious problem than I thought, so please tell me if you do.

Administrator
(01-Jan-2001 at 11:49)

Update: I did find a problem with ##:##, and I'm trying to fix it now. Fixing it is easy, but I want to make sure it does not happen again for another kingdom.

Administrator
(01-Jan-2001 at 12:31)

Update: I fixed the problem. It should not happen for any kingdom now. Thank you guys for reporting this!

Old Mendoran
Imported Post
(02-Jan-2001 at 04:03)
j-script error

when attempting to get credit for a kingdom page i got this:

Microsoft JScript runtime error

[Line: 198] 'formTFinder' is not an object

is this my system messing with me?
Administrator
(02-Jan-2001 at 04:18)

Re: j-script error

Sounds to me like you loaded the page just when I uploaded a new version of it to the server. That's usually what happens in these cases, since the entire page did not load. Did it ever happen to you again since then?

Old Kali
Imported Post
(02-Jan-2001 at 17:27)
Won't take Info

I have tried 4 different kingdom pages. Running Angel Beta 9. Get same message evry time. They are valid kingdom pages.
The copied information is either not a valid kingdom page, or is corrupted.