Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions > Religious Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as RavEMasteR)
(User is Banned)
(05-Jan-2004 at 18:21)

How fanatical my old church used to be...

This guy is really nuts..., just read the download.

It'll open in Internet Explorer or Mozilla.

The blue words are from me, and the purple ones are from him.

Read it and tell me what you think...

Oh, and if you don't know how to operate an XML document, just right click on the file, >Open with... >IE/Mozilla

Nuff said...
Attached Files
File Type: zip [email protected] (21.0 KB, 52 views)

Religion is the mental disease of the masses.
"Once again, religion is like sniffing gasoline. Both cause permanant brain damage." -- Obsidian
View Public Profile Find more posts by dothackRAVE Add dothackRAVE to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Black Fighter)
(05-Jan-2004 at 20:11)

I cannot open it, using IE. It says something about a wrong XSL thingy or something...dunno anything about computers

Anyway, many Christians have insane thoughts...read this article for example :

http://www.credenda.org/old/issues/vol3/magi3-9.htm

Even the killing of homosexuals is mentioned it's insane...
View Public Profile Visit Apeiron's homepage Find more posts by Apeiron Add Apeiron to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
(05-Jan-2004 at 20:29)

Yup... the big problem with having scipture that was written thousands of years ago in a diffrent language is that in time and translations, the exact meaning of the author is lost.

The big thing with Levictus was that he was dealing with with rules that Jewish Holy men needed to abide by to be close to God.

When Jesus came, those rules were rescinded because Jesus opened the way to be close to God to everyone, not just Jewish Holy men.

People, like snowflakes, are all slightly different, but we all follow the same patterns -Stewie
Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

Some people are like Slinkies- absolutely useless, but always fun to push down stairs!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Azure Dragon Add Azure Dragon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as RavEMasteR)
(User is Banned)
(06-Jan-2004 at 00:56)

That's not really the point of me starting the thread. The point is to read the download and tell me what you think....

"Once again, religion is like sniffing gasoline. Both cause permanant brain damage." -- Obsidian
View Public Profile Find more posts by dothackRAVE Add dothackRAVE to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Cydoc)
Donated $1.36
(06-Jan-2004 at 03:14)

We would if we could, but as was said before, your file is faulty.

Speaking of fanatical churches, there is still a church in my community that requests 20% of your income. They will actually demand your income tax forms if you are a member.
View Public Profile Find more posts by ghdfgsdrgsdfgdr Add ghdfgsdrgsdfgdr to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Jan-2004 at 04:46)

Yes!! another bash stupid people who happen to Christians thread.

I must say none of the activities (ie. killing gays or forcing you to make a donation) that have been mentioned are "Christian"

militant Liberal Christian..funny string of words I got there
"when life gives you Lemons eat them whole..Peal and all"
-the great Ipoc
UNITE! SPARK THE FIRE!
View Public Profile Find more posts by jahwarrior Add jahwarrior to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Jan-2004 at 06:26)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Cydoc)

We would if we could, but as was said before, your file is faulty.

Speaking of fanatical churches, there is still a church in my community that requests 20% of your income. They will actually demand your income tax forms if you are a member.
in my country they are a sect called "the Church of Christ." i'm not familiar though with what they do with the money.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Aletheia Add Aletheia to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Jan-2004 at 10:00)

i get the same problem but if i look at it as a text file i can see everything...in black and white and basically unreadable...eg:

Quote:
>Wake up ur mind of what u are doing..</Text></Message><Message Date="1/6/2004" Time="12:19:24 AM" DateTime="2004-01-05T16:19:24.250Z" SessionID="2"><From><User LogonName="[email protected]" FriendlyName="..:: Male by birth, Man by choice. Greater challenges, greater exciitement::.."/></From><To><User LogonName="[email protected]" FriendlyName="dOuBLe bAsS joHn(Yukio)&gt; These are the faces that I can't bear..., loneliness creeps into the mind, just like before..."/></To><Text Style="font-family:Arial Narrow; color:#800080; ">yeap..</Text></Message><Message Date="1/6/2004" Time="12:19:27 AM" DateTime="2004-01-05T16:19:27.220Z" SessionID="2"><From><User LogonName="[email protected]" FriendlyName="dOuBLe bAsS joHn(Yukio)&gt; These are the faces that I can't bear..., loneliness creeps into the mind, just like before..."/></From><To><User LogonName="[email protected]" FriendlyName="..:: Male by birth, Man by choice. Greater challenges, greater exciitement::.."/></To><Text Style="font-family:Arial; color:#000080; ">and sorry to say, I aint repenting</Text></Message><Message Date="1/6/2004" Time="12:19:34 AM" DateTime="2004-01-05T16:19:34.250Z" SessionID="2"><From><User LogonName="[email protected]" FriendlyName="..:: Male by birth, Man by choice. Greater challenges, greater exciitement::.."/></From><To><User LogonName="[email protected]" FriendlyName="dOuBLe bAsS joHn(Yukio)&gt; These are the faces that I can't bear..., loneliness creeps into the mind, just like before..."/></To><Text Style="font-family:Arial Narrow; color:#800080; ">If you are considered mature at ur level..</Text></Message><Message Date="1/6/2004" Time="12:19:40 AM" DateTime="2004-01-05T16:19:40.780Z"

Last edited by Steigerr, 06-Jan-2004 at 10:03.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Steigerr Add Steigerr to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Black Fighter)
(06-Jan-2004 at 12:30)

Quote:
Yup... the big problem with having scipture that was written thousands of years ago in a diffrent language is that in time and translations, the exact meaning of the author is lost.

The big thing with Levictus was that he was dealing with with rules that Jewish Holy men needed to abide by to be close to God.

When Jesus came, those rules were rescinded because Jesus opened the way to be close to God to everyone, not just Jewish Holy men.
According to the bible it is God quoted there; even if he's only talking about Jews then it's not quite fair to kill someone just because he's gay.

Quote:
Yes!! another bash stupid people who happen to Christians thread.
There just are to many out there...

Quote:
I must say none of the activities (ie. killing gays or forcing you to make a donation) that have been mentioned are "Christian"
Well, it does say so in your bible, doesn't it?
View Public Profile Visit Apeiron's homepage Find more posts by Apeiron Add Apeiron to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as RavEMasteR)
(User is Banned)
(06-Jan-2004 at 16:02)

I just cannot understand why after a year I quit being Christian, he's back to 'persuade' me to repent...

He told me to repent for my own good, and that I am not leading a happy life. Well, dammit, I AM GODDAMNED HAPPY! I just cannot understand why these freaks are out to prey on others with the notion that their lives are inferior to Christian lives.

I JUST CAN'T!!! WHY????

JAHWARRIOR, YOU TELL ME WHY!!! WHY CAN'T THEY JUST LEAVE ME, AND OTHER PEOPLE, ALONE FOR ONCE? WHY CAN'T THEY JUST BACK OFF?????

(Posted as Nimon of M)
Donated $9.31
(06-Jan-2004 at 16:40)

Quote:
(Originally posted by RavEMasteR)

I just cannot understand why after a year I quit being Christian, he's back to 'persuade' me to repent...

He told me to repent for my own good, and that I am not leading a happy life. Well, dammit, I AM GODDAMNED HAPPY! I just cannot understand why these freaks are out to prey on others with the notion that their lives are inferior to Christian lives.

I JUST CAN'T!!! WHY????

JAHWARRIOR, YOU TELL ME WHY!!! WHY CAN'T THEY JUST LEAVE ME, AND OTHER PEOPLE, ALONE FOR ONCE? WHY CAN'T THEY JUST BACK OFF?????
And WHY can't you fix it so that we can read that little thing of yours?!

Oh, and btw. It is NOT a year since you stopped beeing christian. I remember a good deal of heated discussions I had with you, and I dont even think my account existed then.

Half a year, tops.

My MSN is still [email protected].
My Skype is kapteindynetrekk
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nimon Add Nimon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old HWG
(Posted as herewego BLA)
(06-Jan-2004 at 16:40)

Quote:
(Originally posted by RavEMasteR)

I JUST CAN'T!!! WHY????

I can try and answer that question for you.... been in the same boat... some years back (we've gone over this before).

They will back off if you ignore them... or as what I did (I was so stressed out at the time).... cause a scene.
I was getting stalked (if you can believe it) after showing my lack of interest in a polite manner. The (rather young... only a few years older than me) group leader who was trying to convert me just got me round up to breaking point (was beginning to get alienated from my own "non-religious" friends)... and I ended up shouting at him in our University Libary.... Lots of irritated questions that were based loosely around "what's your problem?... haven't got anything better to do?" got him a bit stumped as irritated eyes focussed onto our little conversation.

Most Christians (to be honest.. I'm unsure if our situations are/were with "Christians".. rather that those using such a label) are fine though... positively pleasant and don't try to force things down our throats.. so, it's important to recognise this before labelling lots of folk into one basket.

My main advice though.. would be to ignore them. In most situations the more you give them attention (however angry that attention is from your side of fence) is only gonna stoke the flames and continue it. There are lots of us "non-religious" folk that do not have these problems. I know I don't anymore.

Hope this helps.

SF, I love you I do!
Everytime someone gets warned, Starfriend cuddles a kitten. -V-
There is no place like home, there is no place like home, there is no place like home: AASQGASA

Last edited by HWG, 06-Jan-2004 at 16:42.
View Public Profile Find more posts by HWG Add HWG to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Jan-2004 at 16:58)

Dude...First of all...Dont' judge Christianity as a whole just because of a few immature-believe for the sake of believing-non fired up kind of christians because they don't show the example. And John...Sorry about my that friend vincnet. He was already told in our cell group by Sister Janice not to pester you anymore because it's your decision. Dude no worries man I'm still your good buddy so hit me back if you need anything. And that guy...Please...our church is not fanatical I'm from City Harvest Church though.
And all you christians out there dont' waste your time typing and typing in here. I'd rather you go do the will of God than to sit here type rubbish and not get any souls saved. Come on buck up you christians and I hope I dont' have to log in again to type nonsense.
View Public Profile Find more posts by doth2 Add doth2 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Jan-2004 at 17:04)

Oh and just off the record...That church which asked for 20% thinggy'...That's a bluff...No church should force you. If you wanna talk about tithe it's 10% of whatever income you get and it's freewill. We do that out of obediance to God. Offering on the other hand is doing out of love. We wanna show God we love Him with our money too.
View Public Profile Find more posts by doth2 Add doth2 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old HWG
(Posted as herewego BLA)
(06-Jan-2004 at 17:12)

Quote:
(Originally posted by doth2)

Dude...First of all...Dont' judge Christianity as a whole just because of a few immature-believe for the sake of believing-non fired up kind of christians because they don't show the example. And John...Sorry about my that friend vincnet. He was already told in our cell group by Sister Janice not to pester you anymore because it's your decision. Dude no worries man I'm still your good buddy so hit me back if you need anything. And that guy...Please...our church is not fanatical I'm from City Harvest Church though.
And all you christians out there dont' waste your time typing and typing in here. I'd rather you go do the will of God than to sit here type rubbish and not get any souls saved. Come on buck up you christians and I hope I dont' have to log in again to type nonsense.
I know this doesn't help your argument or mine.... I find it a shame that you consider him a "lost" soul though.... sure, that really helps the situation . He just sounds angry and confused about religions at the mo (no offence meant RM).... People change.

I know I have. I'm facinated by Christianity... and am very open to talks with Christians (who don't stalk me!)... for the moment though... I just haven't seen "the light" so to speek.

Stating that someone is a lost soul... just sounds like a viscious retort to me... and doesn't speek much of you as an "apparent" Christian. Are we not all loved in the eyes of God? All given the chance to repent?

RM like the majority of us here is still young and has many years ahead of him with many choices to be made.

Is it not God who should judge.. rather than yourself?

SF, I love you I do!
There is no place like home, there is no place like home, there is no place like home: AASQGASA
View Public Profile Find more posts by HWG Add HWG to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old HWG
(Posted as herewego BLA)
(06-Jan-2004 at 17:15)

Quote:

Oh and just off the record...That church which asked for 20% thinggy'...That's a bluff...No church should force you. If you wanna talk about tithe it's 10% of whatever income you get and it's freewill. We do that out of obediance to God. Offering on the other hand is doing out of love. We wanna show God we love Him with our money too.
Yeah.. I've heard about this. Specifically with the church that I had my unfortunate fall in with. They went a few steps further.. and they called it "love gifts" too. Just that members where encouraged to become fully dependant on the church by giving the majority of their wealth to it.. and living in homes provided.

SF, I love you I do!
(06-Jan-2004 at 17:19)

*Sighz* When we say lost soul we mean people who have not found a way to God and haven't received Jesus in their hearts. I wasn't even referrign to John as a lost soul so stop putting words in my mouth. Can't you read properly?? Yes God surely does love everyone and anyone that's why He sent His son down as a price because we believe God is almighty but He works through principles instead of just doing whatever He wants. He created those rules so He shows an example by showing them. Yes you will be given the chance to keep on repenting. And I don't judge people unless it's my own personal judgement I wont' even say it. Plus I don't care if it's vicious or not. I was talking to those christians about those lost souls by the way. So please please please...Don't be like newspaper article writers that twist and turn other people's words alrightie?? I'm pretty sick of that but I shouuld get used to it soon.

P.S.I guess my reply was faster then you to haha!! ^ ^
Old HWG
(Posted as herewego BLA)
(06-Jan-2004 at 17:24)

Quote:

*Sighz* When we say lost soul we mean people who have not found a way to God and haven't received Jesus in their hearts. I wasn't even referrign to John as a lost soul so stop putting words in my mouth. Can't you read properly?? Yes God surely does love everyone and anyone that's why He sent His son down as a price because we believe God is almighty but He works through principles instead of just doing whatever He wants. He created those rules so He shows an example by showing them. Yes you will be given the chance to keep on repenting. And I don't judge people unless it's my own personal judgement I wont' even say it. Plus I don't care if it's vicious or not. I was talking to those christians about those lost souls by the way. So please please please...Don't be like newspaper article writers that twist and turn other people's words alrightie?? I'm pretty sick of that but I shouuld get used to it soon.

P.S.I guess my reply was faster then you to haha!! ^ ^
Putting words in your mouth would imply I was being sneeky. You're on line here at the time as me... I'm not preventing you from clarrifying your posts. If it helps.. I'm glad.

Surprised I am being compared to a newspaper reporter.... wow!

SF, I love you I do!
(06-Jan-2004 at 17:27)

Hehe...Well anywayz...I gtg sleep already ok?? Man was nice meeting you though and hearing about your problem was a good experience for me. If I ever be a leader I would know what to do with my members. For me...I personally don't force down their puny throats to get saved. What I think is that it's their problem whether they want to accept or not. My job is just to share the gospel that's it. No need for forcing. Oh and if you want you can add me in msn "[email protected]". Or you can add me in Friendster. My nick will be "xXHumblingXx". Cya dude!!
(Posted as Lord Drizzt)
Donated $2.20
(06-Jan-2004 at 21:38)

I can't open that file. Perhaps you can paste it onto here?

s o u l f i r e
View Public Profile Find more posts by Drizzt Add Drizzt to your Buddy List Reply with Quote