Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions > Religious Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Donated $50.00
(30-Jan-2004 at 09:07)

British Christians Vs. [insert other country here] Christians

What is the sterotypical christian in your country like ?

Here in Britain they:

* Attend church once a week - sunday
* Sing Hymns only in church
* Pray very irregullary
* Do not read the Bible & can only recite a few passages meanings (cannot recite the words exactly)
* Are shy & reserved about their faith
* After the sermon/hymns - spend their time in church discussing anything but christianity or faith.
* Do not apply their faith to their daily lives.
* Do not thank their God for 'miracles' or pray from sparing them from disasters such as when they see a road accident ahead
* Do not pray for someones soul - both living or recently departed

So tell me - what are they like in your country. To me I think of the average British christian as agnostics.

This thread is NOT about YOUR faith and how you conduct it- just a sterotypical christian in your country.

This is what every PvP argument boils down to:
Dear Devs:
Rock is overpowered, please nerf. Paper is fine.
Yours, Scissors
View Public Profile Find more posts by Grashnak Add Grashnak to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Jan-2004 at 09:09)
well, in australia we have a huge variety of christians, from the casual 'yeah i'm a christian' types to the Ned Flanders types, so there probably isn't a stereotype. Kinda makes census statistics unreliable...

_-^-_ OH NO! MY WOOLEN SUIT HAS NYLON IN IT! BETTER FIRE UP THE INCINERATOR AND GET MYSELF A GOAT! A female one...god doesn't want a male one...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Rabbousamai Add Rabbousamai to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as RavEMasteR)
(User is Banned)
(30-Jan-2004 at 13:41)

Well, in Malaysia, they're generally the "believe all I want, but don't force others" type.

They have strong faith, but will not force things down you throat

Religion is the mental disease of the masses.
"Once again, religion is like sniffing gasoline. Both cause permanant brain damage." -- Obsidian
View Public Profile Find more posts by dothackRAVE Add dothackRAVE to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Jan-2004 at 16:31)

Here in Bulgaria most christians are actualy agnostics or atheists.People go to church only for wedings and funreals and sometimes for christmas or easter.They almost never pray and generealy for them religion is nothing then a bunch of traditions(some of which are actualy pagan).Like eating eggs on easter and so on.People simply don't care about religion.It's great you have almost no religion fanatics here and the church has basicly zero power

Last edited by DHoffryn, 30-Jan-2004 at 16:33.
View Public Profile Find more posts by DHoffryn Add DHoffryn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
(30-Jan-2004 at 19:39)

Grashnak, it depends on what Religion... of all the people I know who would claim to be Church Of England, hardly any go to Church on any regular basis.

Roman Catholics do go to Church every sunday... but judging by the way they are when they come out, they do it only as lip service.

People, like snowflakes, are all slightly different, but we all follow the same patterns -Stewie
Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

Some people are like Slinkies- absolutely useless, but always fun to push down stairs!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Azure Dragon Add Azure Dragon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Jan-2004 at 22:27)

Re: British Christians Vs. [insert other country here] Christians

I can't speak for all the Christians in my area. I only know about me and my group of friends.

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
View Public Profile Find more posts by MAPS Add MAPS to your Buddy List Reply with Quote