Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Your faith?
Athiest 307 28.72%
Agnostic 108 10.10%
Catholic 180 16.84%
Lutheran 72 6.74%
Calvinist 37 3.46%
Sunni 18 1.68%
Jewish 25 2.34%
Buddhist 54 5.05%
Wicca 32 2.99%
Other 236 22.08%
Who voted? Voters: 1069
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Old UWS
(01-Jun-2004 at 10:43)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Grashnak) They believe the Bible is literally true (such as the Presbytarian (sp?) church.
Oooh.....you've opened an interesting can of worms by saying Presbyterians believe the bible is literally true....I'd say that's debatable...

I'm a Christian myself, don't really associate with any particular denomination strongly

/
//Ug Want Sandwich (but is in a perpetual state of not having one)\\\

\
\\Won't someone give me a Sandwich? (or some chocolate lube)///
View Public Profile Find more posts by UWS Add UWS to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Jun-2004 at 14:26)

I am bored to see those religious polls that write three, four or even more different christian religions, write down jews but still fail to write more popular religion (mostly eastern)

so I don't have a defined religion. a mixed of taoism, druidism and pythagorism (numbers are to be studied for being numbers nothing else)
recently I made an experience, it is too early to tell, but I decided to add the worshipping of Hermes.

When your girlfriend dumps you on your birthday after you failed the hardest class, lost your wallet and broke your knees, have a Beer.
When you're chassed by a tax colletor, 5 wolves in a burning forest while being forced to listen to all of B. Spears' CDs, have a Beer.

And if beer fails, do some maths
View Public Profile Visit Helvetie's homepage Find more posts by Helvetie Add Helvetie to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Jun-2004 at 17:29)
content

I'm not one for labels... I'm just your average believer, end of story
View Public Profile Find more posts by JayManney4Life Add JayManney4Life to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Gotmoor)
(01-Jun-2004 at 18:05)

I'm an agnostic myself actually. There is something else out there, just that I havn't pin pointed it yet. No, I don't need any tries to be converted to some religion or another. I don't despise any religion what so ever.

I'm not suited for any organised religions. They are just not for me I guess.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Tyhr Add Tyhr to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Jun-2004 at 12:51)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Grashnak)

I doubt you will ever see a shia muslim on this forum..
well you're seeing one now ...
View Public Profile Find more posts by westernesse Add westernesse to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Jun-2004 at 13:06)
Quote:
(Originally posted by Phased)

Religions of the world
Taoism: Shit happens.
Hare Krishna: Shit happens Rama Ding Ding.
Hinduism: This shit happened before.
Islam: If shit happens, it is the will of Allah.
Zen: What is the sound of shit happening.
Buddhism: When shit happens, is it really shit.
Confucianism: Confucius say, "Shit happens."
7th day Adventist: Shit happens on Saturdays.
Protestantism: Shit won't happen if I work harder.
Jehovah's Witness: Knock, knock "Shit happens."
Unitarian: What is shit?
Mormon: Shit happens again & again & again.
Judaism: Oyvay! Why does this shit always happen to me?!
Pentecostalism: Praise the shit.
Atheism: No shit.
New age: Shit happens, and it happens to smell good.
Rastafarianism: Let's smoke this shit!
LOLZ man, seriously funny shit.

Anyways im a christian but i have my doubts sometimes about the religion.
View Public Profile Visit Conman Joe's homepage Find more posts by Conman Joe Add Conman Joe to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Jun-2004 at 02:00)
Quote:
(Originally posted by jonpowel)

Uninformed. Thats a pretty christian attitude toward other people. Since i don't believe what you do I must be stupid eh. Just answer this one question and if you can I will believe in your GOd.

If God can see the future past and present then he knows who's going to hell and who is not. He knows everything we will ever do before we ever do it. So then why does he let people that are going to go to hell be created. Is it cause it gets him off or what.

Now Im not trying to put down your beliefs but you made fun of mine first. Face it if your God is real and all seeing then he must be pretty evil to punish someone for an eternity for something they did in such a short time as a life time.
okay, first of all, calling you "uniformed" isn't making fun of you, I guess its just with so many different interpretations of the bible it all gets confusing. Anyway, on to your question. That's a question that haunts every perons, Christian or no. But really, the answer is simple: He's God, he created everything, he has the right to do whatever he wants. He created a perfect world, and man screwed it up big time. He knew this, so he prepared an escape from death, his Son, and whoever is saved is saved, while whoever rejects God is not. Its as simple as that- do you think God would accept someone who has rejected him, who has hated him? Sorry, if I came across as mocking or insulting.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Raken Add Raken to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Obi2Kenobi)
Donated $1.28
(04-Jun-2004 at 04:14)

Quote:
But really, the answer is simple: He's God, he created everything, he has the right to do whatever he wants.
If I "create" my own city, do I have the "right" to do whatever I want to the inhabitants?

Quote:
He created a perfect world, and man screwed it up big time.
I didn't screw it up, so why punish me?

Quote:
He knew this, so he prepared an escape from death, his Son, and whoever is saved is saved, while whoever rejects God is not.
Are we all not children of God?

[quote]Its as simple as that- do you think God would accept someone who has rejected him, who has hated him?[quote]
What if the person just doesn't believe because they don't feel there is enough evidence for it to be plausable? Are they, too, punished for not being a sheep?

"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and if it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
~Alexandr Solzhenitsyn
View Public Profile Visit obi2kenobi's homepage Find more posts by obi2kenobi Add obi2kenobi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Jun-2004 at 02:13)
Quote:
(Originally posted by Obi2Kenobi)

If I "create" my own city, do I have the "right" to do whatever I want to the inhabitants?
You are not God, sorry. God is equal to nobody. Your example isn't legitimate.
[/quote]

Quote:
I didn't screw it up, so why punish me?
Original sin.

Quote:
Are we all not children of God?
in the sense that we are all created by him, but not in the "adoption" sense, where God takes us unto himself, ie we're saved.
Quote:
What if the person just doesn't believe because they don't feel there is enough evidence for it to be plausable? Are they, too, punished for not being a sheep?
yes, because they didn't have any faith : "the just are saved by faith."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Raken Add Raken to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.44
(06-Jun-2004 at 02:31)

Other : Druidism.

Famous for nowty by nature
View Public Profile Visit Aerath's homepage Find more posts by Aerath Add Aerath to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Jun-2004 at 04:26)

i chose agnostic, but i'm not sure that is entirely correct. I believe that there is some sort of god, but can't decide which religion to follow. i'm currently looking into several.
View Public Profile Visit OtakuGirly's homepage Find more posts by OtakuGirly Add OtakuGirly to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Obi2Kenobi)
Donated $1.28
(08-Jun-2004 at 03:24)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Raken)
You are not God, sorry. God is equal to nobody. Your example isn't legitimate.
So in other words, God can do whatever he wants?
(uses really lame arguement)
Well, God is everywhere, and I am somewhere, therefore God is in me. If God is in me, I must be [partially] God.

Quote:
Original sin.
How did I take any part in that?

Quote:
in the sense that we are all created by him, but not in the "adoption" sense, where God takes us unto himself, ie we're saved.
So I am to be punished for thinking for myself? Why doesn't God just show himself to me, if he really wants me to be saved?

Quote:
yes, because they didn't have any faith : "the just are saved by faith."
But why do the "just" need to be saved? 'Tis a horrible state of affairs when the unjust sheep are valued above the just free thinkers.

"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and if it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
~Alexandr Solzhenitsyn
View Public Profile Visit obi2kenobi's homepage Find more posts by obi2kenobi Add obi2kenobi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Jun-2004 at 08:16)

Quote:

So in other words, God can do whatever he wants?
(uses really lame arguement)
Well, God is everywhere, and I am somewhere, therefore God is in me. If God is in me, I must be [partially] God.
I'll give you an A for effort.

Quote:
(Originally posted by Obi2Kenobi) How did I take any part in that?
well your breathing are you not? You didn't take part in it but it is a quality in every human,to sin. And since you sin you break God's rules and God doesn't like that.

Quote:
(Originally posted by Obi2Kenobi) So I am to be punished for thinking for myself? Why doesn't God just show himself to me, if he really wants me to be saved?
God has shown himself to you but who said you want to see?

Quote:
(Originally posted by Obi2Kenobi) But why do the "just" need to be saved? 'Tis a horrible state of affairs when the unjust sheep are valued above the just free thinkers.
Could you not say sheep it's kinda of rude.Ah free thinking what a silly idea. And it's sillier that people claim it as an excuse. It's hard you really just have to go out on limb and then you feel..it's with out description. But no one said faith was easy.

militant Liberal Christian..funny string of words I got there
"when life gives you Lemons eat them whole..Peal and all"
-the great Ipoc
UNITE! SPARK THE FIRE!
View Public Profile Find more posts by jahwarrior Add jahwarrior to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Jun-2004 at 12:51)
I grew up in the Evangelical Lutheran tradition, though I don't currently agree with some tenets of the sect. I guess I'll stick with Lutheran for the purposes of this pole.
View Public Profile Find more posts by SCArsonist Add SCArsonist to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Obi2Kenobi)
Donated $1.28
(08-Jun-2004 at 17:56)

Sorry, jahwarrior, when I say sheep, I don't mean everyone who believes, only those who believe blindly (mainly those who only believe because their parents did or something...). I don't think this refers to you, as you are able to argue about it without using the "You're going to burn in hell you blasphemous heathen!" argument.

~Alexandr Solzhenitsyn
(08-Jun-2004 at 21:11)
I'm baptised, confirmed and so on.. But I don't belive in his ways. I've allways had a hard time beleving in something I can't see, hear of feel. But I don't know if I'm going to deny him. I guess I am by the way I'm thinking. Often having these discussions with a friend, and we've agreed to one thing. Many people who belive in something is partly weak psycic, and needs to belive in something else than their selfs. I do think that IF god created us then he should be satisfied if we live like individuals and think in our own ways. Not beliving in him just becous our parents do. Don't think it's real belives then.

Sorry for the long post

"Computer games don’t affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected us as kids, we’d all run around in darkened rooms munching pills and listening to repetitive music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
View Public Profile Find more posts by nilet Add nilet to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(12-Jun-2004 at 06:48)

i have my own faith

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Jun-2004 at 06:57)
Where is Baptist ??

It is a denomination. A sizable one as well.
View Public Profile Find more posts by PhoenixOverHsia Add PhoenixOverHsia to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Jun-2004 at 23:15)

none

religion is the poison of our world

The Lökki says "Hi" to the audience...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Leauqi Add Leauqi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-Jun-2004 at 05:59)

@ obi2Kanobi
as far as saying you didnt screw up the world, you do it CONSTANTLY, NUMEROUS times a day u sin, countless times in a daysins are not limited to the 10 commandments either, there are all types of sins

if u look at a girl and think to yourself, "damn she is hot, i want to hit it" and then just walk off, guess what, u just sinned, therefor you are screwing up gods perfect world, just like everyone else

"Hmph, you and your third dimension."
"What about it?" "Oh nothing, it’s cute. We have five."
"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Don’t question it."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote