Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions > Religious Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $0.60
(24-Sep-2004 at 18:41)

Christianity, Religion or Way of life?

Many considers Christianity as religion. Something to control your everyday life, your commitment to God and Christ, everyday mass', Chruch dogma's etc.

Lately I have started to think maybe Christians have gotten it wrong. Why do I have lately become such feeling, that Jesus didn't create or taught religion, but way of life.

What if chrstianity, should not be religion, but more of the way of life, in light of God and Christ and teachings we can read in bible? Maybe Jesus ment we should live our lives according the golden rules and teaching he gave, the law in our hearts, not the law in stones. All that Christ has taught us, is about living a good life and advices how to live...

All the things Christ taught men, was how to live good life in eyes of God, how to live good life genrally, how to make world a bit better place. That sounds alwfully a lot like way of life, life philosophy, how to live good life, instead using it to create religion, that is bonded by Chruch dogma's.

Maybe this is temporary insanity, maybe I discovered something... Or not.

Generalization is rhetorics of simpletons.
"Sages learn from history... idiots learn from experience" -Fairy Tail manga

Last edited by Lord Menchalior, 24-Sep-2004 at 18:42.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lord Menchalior Add Lord Menchalior to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $50.00
(24-Sep-2004 at 18:46)

I seem to remember Jesus talking about conversion & I don't see how you can rationilse the need for conversion if his teachings are just a guide for life.

This is what every PvP argument boils down to:
Dear Devs:
Rock is overpowered, please nerf. Paper is fine.
Yours, Scissors
View Public Profile Find more posts by Grashnak Add Grashnak to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $0.60
(24-Sep-2004 at 19:54)

Hmmm, that might be, you have a point... Something very well worthy to think of... Maybe I can spawn new kind hybriod theory, being religion and way of life...

View Public Profile Find more posts by Lord Menchalior Add Lord Menchalior to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.00
(24-Sep-2004 at 23:23)

for me christianity is a religion, but its something that becomes your life. as your earthly ties stop being more important, it becomes more and more about faith and a complete lifestyle change to pre-christian.

Where has my avatar gone?

The true meaning of silence
View Public Profile Find more posts by Gus Mackay Add Gus Mackay to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Sep-2004 at 03:54)

is buddhism a way of life?

the answer to your question is simple for those that follow the religion it does become a way of life as they are bound by moral and ethical standards that the religion dictates to them, all religions are a way of life - so is not having a religion - you are dictated to ethical standards by what you believe each religion has its own varians of these *even athiasts - theres is just more loosely based on ones own mind*.

so yes christianity is a way of life - but so is every other option

Saint Sinner for President 2012
You're all fucking stupid
You're mafia, dont deny it.
Absalom
View Public Profile Find more posts by Skraz Add Skraz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as perphect)
(User is Banned)
(25-Sep-2004 at 05:26)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Skraz)

is buddhism a way of life?

the answer to your question is simple for those that follow the religion it does become a way of life as they are bound by moral and ethical standards that the religion dictates to them, all religions are a way of life - so is not having a religion - you are dictated to ethical standards by what you believe each religion has its own varians of these *even athiasts - theres is just more loosely based on ones own mind*.

so yes christianity is a way of life - but so is every other option
Religion is a way of life, but at the very least. Religion hightens ones spiritual significance to a degree where it continues and aids to exceed life itself and its definitions. If one is confident and satisfied by living this ideal, why would one doubt and change perception or nature. Perhaps, Lord Menchalior, you are confused or unsure within your faith and possibly now need to strive to re-affirm your relationship with God. This 'down-time' your experiencing can not be looked upon as negitive in any way, for it will only make your faith and understanding stronger. Do not forget, of course, that nothing about religion is effortless, that is the entire point.

Last edited by Convict, 25-Sep-2004 at 05:32.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Convict Add Convict to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $0.60
(25-Sep-2004 at 17:28)

Maybe we don't need to have religion, if we start living like Christ told us. Gracing God in our everyday work... I just was thinking, why we need to separate Life and God, why we do not have God in our life, then religion would come way of life, so that we do not need to have "religion" as we know it...

Now does this make any sense?