Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: ?
I read the paper. 18 35.29%
I watch the news on tv. 9 17.65%
I use the net. 20 39.22%
I don't bother. 4 7.84%
Who voted? Voters: 51
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(03-Feb-2005 at 19:13)
Newspaper? TV? Internet?

How do you get the latest info (I don't mean searching for a particular subject) ? If you use 2 ways or more, select the one you use the most.

Last edited by Pollster, 03-Feb-2005 at 19:16.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Pollster Add Pollster to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Donated $41.00
(03-Feb-2005 at 19:18)

lightbulb Breaking News!

I don't read much, that leaves out the paper. I watch the news on TV alot, then if I want to look into a story more I will use the internet and sometimes find a good funny article on various sites. But overall TV accounts for about 80% of it. (Sports, Weather, Local News)

BUD LIGHT
145847903/Davevalek/Insanity
I am one of a kind, the only one you'll find. I am me and nothing else...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Valek Add Valek to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Feb-2005 at 19:18)

i dont really bother anymore, i mean before there used to be something interesting and new, now its the usual suicide bomb here, palestinian murder there, bush here bush there, not worth the while. If something is that big than i will hear about it anyway if not from friends over at the respectable threads section

Maltese way of thinking: If it ain't broken...BREAK IT!!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Headbanger Add Headbanger to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.36
(03-Feb-2005 at 19:21)

I listen to the radio. Could a mod add that, or an "other" option?

No Comment
View Public Profile Find more posts by BrandonC Add BrandonC to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Feb-2005 at 19:22)

I read the paper and watch the news. I don't bother to look up for news on the net because I usually have better things to do.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ian Out Add Ian Out to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $1.88
(03-Feb-2005 at 19:47)
I listen to BBC Internet radio. For news mainly PM and World at 1. People who don't care about british domestic politics might prefer World Service.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Illuvatar Add Illuvatar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Feb-2005 at 20:07)

I typically read the paper, the tend to go much more indepth with a story and I back it up with trusted sites on the net.

TV is useless, they give you the barebones of a story and it only makes the news if it's flashy and cool. What constitues the evening "news" wouldn't fill a colum on the frontpage of a paper.

Because I'm not happy until you're disgusted!
Off topic post my ass!
Inane Ramblings
View Public Profile Visit bsmartfanfic's homepage Find more posts by bsmartfanfic Add bsmartfanfic to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as wtfX)
(03-Feb-2005 at 20:16)

One vote for everything now. I like the tv for information. Here in Holland I don't have a feeling they are particually biased, so it's fine with me. I read the headlines in the paper, and I follow some things closely on the internet. But mainly it's the tv.

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Feb-2005 at 20:34)

Both T.V and Internet.

T.V more for local news and internet for the rest of the world.

Mod, Will you save us?
Only if yer a hot babe /
And if I'm not?
Then yer excreta out of luck /
View Public Profile Find more posts by Yandorf Add Yandorf to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Feb-2005 at 01:43)
basically the paper, mainly for sports, and TV for regular news and sports, and sometimes the net...
put TV as I used it the most...

Warning:
N00B ALERT
View Public Profile Find more posts by zling Add zling to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Feb-2005 at 01:50)
paper- sports, headlines and comics. If there's something interesting from the headlines i'll read through. Internet is for unusual stuff, and only sitcoms and movies on TV

Wow that was completely random.
Posted for strict buisness purposes ONLY.
View Public Profile Find more posts by MeeniMyniMo Add MeeniMyniMo to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Feb-2005 at 01:51)

I use the net, and occasionally read the paper. I also quite often read the paper on the net 'cos if I want to read a South African paper (in Australia), particularly one from my home town, its a lot less trouble finding it!
View Public Profile Find more posts by jond Add jond to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Feb-2005 at 01:57)

I listen to the radio while im on the car (which is like 2 and a half hours everyday)

"You spoony bard!"
View Public Profile Find more posts by TheIronMaiden Add TheIronMaiden to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Feb-2005 at 02:06)

I read the papers.

Before work and during lunch.

The One and Only DMW
View Public Profile Find more posts by DeadMenWalking Add DeadMenWalking to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Blue Sage of M)
Donated $7.44
(04-Feb-2005 at 02:44)

I actually end up getting most of my news from these forums.

Now, I read the newspapers and watch news on TV, as well...but the way it works is that I usually get on the computer before I flip on the tv or read the paper, and all the really juicy stories, somebody's made a thread about them.

All the less important stuff I'll pick up from CNN or the paper.

It all works out, though. Often enough I'll see a story on here, then a few days later somebody will say "hey, I just saw on the news today..." so I somehow end up ahead of everybody else.

The less popular Sage
Really...most people forget who I am
But I was here first, damn it!

Willing to sell my soul for a Klondike Bar
View Public Profile Visit The Other Sage's homepage Find more posts by The Other Sage Add The Other Sage to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Feb-2005 at 03:15)

My choice is paper

You know the real meaning of PEACE only if you have been through the war. Anyone, who truly wants to go to war, has never truly been there before!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invasion Add Invasion to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $14.28
(04-Feb-2005 at 06:31)

Internet closely followed by tv, then paper, then radio.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Tack Add Tack to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Feb-2005 at 07:52)

I use them all. I look on the internet a lot, I watch the news on TV every day, and read the paper a good amount. I try to be informed about what's happening.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nybb Add Nybb to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Feb-2005 at 08:00)

All three... I am a politcal junkie. Although my local paper (Vancouver Sun) is incredibly federal Liberal (and I am a fed conservative).

"Light travels faster than sound, so
some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak."

Middle Class Pride
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dilbert Add Dilbert to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $16.17
(04-Feb-2005 at 15:44)
TV daily, internet if i'm bored. newspaper if there is a power outage, or i'm at work
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dahvood Add Dahvood to your Buddy List Reply with Quote