Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Media Mania > TV Shows Reviews and Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average
Research Group
Donated $112.99
(30-Jun-2007 at 16:57)

Re: [2001] 24

When Milo died, that made me sad At least it was honorable though

Originally Posted by foxysam: View Post
think about it...don't you guys remember the first rule to 24?

if we don't see a death, it hasn't happened
Isn't that for soap operas? and even then, it's not completely true
View Public Profile Find more posts by advocatus Add advocatus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(01-Jul-2007 at 00:53)

I wouldn't say honourable. More like dying-for-someone-he-liked. But then again, I didn't like him a lot. Doyle and Nadia are much better than Milo and Nadia. But there will never be a better couple than Michelle and Tony.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege!
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - The Fear of Long Words

Last edited by Alexstrasza, 01-Jul-2007 at 00:54.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Alexstrasza Add Alexstrasza to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $112.99
(01-Jul-2007 at 01:06)

Doyle seemed like a hard-ass to me, I didn't like him. What happened in Boston?
View Public Profile Find more posts by advocatus Add advocatus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(05-Jul-2007 at 03:34)

Yeah, he's a hard-ass, but he's a good character. Although I had suspicions of him being a double agent. And he originally came from CTU Denver. But what do you mean what happened?

View Public Profile Find more posts by Alexstrasza Add Alexstrasza to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(06-Oct-2007 at 23:55)

New season coming up in January.

A few announcements have been made in regards to what will happen in Season 7:
  • Tony Almeida will be back (however, the producers claim that he will be 'different')
  • The President will be female - the first female President ever on 24 - President Caroline Taylor, I think.
  • There will be no more CTU - instead the show will be based out of Washington DC, and the supporting team will be a group of FBI Agents
  • Chloe O'Brian and Bill Buchanan will appear in Season 7

What does everything think about these changes - considering that the Season 7 will be vastly different to Seasons 1-6?

Research Group
Donated $112.99
(09-Oct-2007 at 16:30)

Originally Posted by Alexstrasza: View Post
New season coming up in January.

A few announcements have been made in regards to what will happen in Season 7:
  • Tony Almeida will be back (however, the producers claim that he will be 'different')
  • The President will be female - the first female President ever on 24 - President Caroline Taylor, I think.
  • There will be no more CTU - instead the show will be based out of Washington DC, and the supporting team will be a group of FBI Agents
  • Chloe O'Brian and Bill Buchanan will appear in Season 7

What does everything think about these changes - considering that the Season 7 will be vastly different to Seasons 1-6?

Tony... the programmer guy that caved to Fayad's torture?
Is there a new president every season? :P
It won't be the "same" without CTU
Bill isn't in power anymore, be interesting to see what he does.

Changing it to keep it interesting or changing it to help stop falling viewership?
Donated $4.24
(09-Oct-2007 at 23:37)

1. Er...nope. That' Morris O'Brien. Tony Almeida was Director of CTU from about halfway through Season 2, until he was arrested at the end of Season 3.

2. Not really, President Palmer was in power in Seasons 2 and 3, President Logan was in power from halfway through Season 4, until the end of Season 5. The Presidents do change rather quickly, however, I wouldn't say that they're planned to change once every season.

3. Suppose you're right about that. It's a change we'll have to get use to, since the storyline will be set in New York and Washington DC. And also, Ever Carradine is one of the FBI Agents (<3 Ever Carradine). The good thing about CTU disbanding is that we'll never hear the "send it to Division", "cross check it with Division" and all the other "Division" comments that we normally hear.

4. Yeah, he's no longer in power, but he probably becomes the new Michelle Dessler, and becomes one of the three that will help Jack do whatever he does. Of the original three, Chloe O'Brien, Michelle Dessler and Tony Almeida, Michelle's dead, Chloe's still alive, and according to the producers, Tony 'won't be the same'.

I doubt the changes are to keep falling viewers. I think it's more that 24 has certain 'trilogies'. Seasons 1, 2 and 3 were there first trilogy. If you think about it, most of the characters that appeared in one of the seasons, appeared in at least another one of them. Seasons 4, 5 and 6 were the next trilogy. If I remember correctly, at the beginning of Season 4, there were only three characters that had previously appeared in Season 3, Jack, Chloe, and Senator/President Keeler. Based on that, I'm assuming that Seasons 7, 8 and 9 will be the next trilogy.

Last edited by Alexstrasza, 09-Oct-2007 at 23:38.
Edit reason: spoiler tags.
Donated $4.24
(20-Jan-2008 at 23:06)

Anyone see the Season 7 Trailer? Naz?

Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(20-Jan-2008 at 23:15)

Nope, I'll wait for the season to start.

"If You Fall, I’ll Be There"
-– Floor

View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as DeRnhelm)
Donated $11.54
(21-Jan-2008 at 07:13)

I haven't been catching 24-episodes aplenty, but what I got of it was ridiculous. It's like Jack Bauer is the new Chuck Norris. The president and all of America need Jack Bauer's help and won't survive without.
You get my point.

~ĐeRn~
BTW: You Are All Buffle Headed
View Public Profile Find more posts by DeRn HaLL Add DeRn HaLL to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(22-Jan-2008 at 23:20)

Originally Posted by Konc: View Post
Nope, I'll wait for the season to start.
When does it start? I heard January 13, but then there's that Guild Writers' Strike.

Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(22-Jan-2008 at 23:22)

I have no idea, it'll start when it starts. Patience comes to he who waits for it, and all that crap.

The GW strike is a bit annoying though.

-– Floor

View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(22-Jan-2008 at 23:25)

The GW strike is a bit annoying though.
LOL, seems that all my favourite shows are being held up by some guys who decide to picket for an extra couple of dollars - 24, Criminal Minds. Then of course; there's Heroes (and possibly Desperate Housewives?) and stuff, which all the girls are all really pissed off over.

You honestly don't think that people striking half way across the world from you affects you, do you?

Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $0.60
(24-Jan-2008 at 21:28)

First 24 was far by the best 24's made. Every new season the main plot seems to get more bigger and bigger. I mean just compease Season 1 to Season 6... I mean if this goes on, in Season 12 Bauer is saving universe from another dimension extra terrestials trying to invade this one. Because the globe is not enough for Bauer and more of the days if this kind of evolution goes on in 24 much longer.

But I really really liked first 24. Fresh idea, good actors and rather simple story with bigger grandeur compeared to following seasons. Story was well written and well paced. There was lot's of action but also calmer scenes between actions so viewer wouldn't be exhausted by action alone.

Generalization is rhetorics of simpletons.
"Sages learn from history... idiots learn from experience" -Fairy Tail manga

Last edited by Lord Menchalior, 24-Jan-2008 at 21:29.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lord Menchalior Add Lord Menchalior to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(25-Jan-2008 at 01:21)

So you're saying you didn't enjoy the past few seasons of 24?

(25-Jan-2008 at 08:32)
Quote:
in Season 12 Bauer is saving universe from another dimension extra terrestials trying to invade this one. Because the globe is not enough for Bauer and more of the days if this kind of evolution goes on in 24 much longer.
Sounds fun Jack against the alternate universe with the entire of our universe trying (and failing) to hold Jack back
View Public Profile Find more posts by The Killer Add The Killer to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(25-Jan-2008 at 20:40)

There's a Season 12 now? I thought it would end at Season 9. And where did you get that from?

Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(25-Jan-2008 at 21:30)

Alex, you've got no sense of humor.

-– Floor

Donated $4.24
(26-Jan-2008 at 00:58)

Alex, you've got no sense of humor.
I can never tell sarcasm/jokes over the internet/MSN/IRC.

(29-Jan-2008 at 15:46)

I am really hoping that the changes they are bringing DO make me want to keep watching. By the end of last season I was just getting bored, and starting to not enjoy what I think can be a bit forumlaic of a show. I will however reserve judgement and see how the new season is.

However it is suposed to be on the same time as lost which leaves me TIVOing one...and I can go with out seeing 24...

"I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down" V
I dont know how I got here, or where I was going, but now that Im here I am scared...
My moodiness makes me profound. I appreciate Herman Melville and you don't.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Irimholdil Add Irimholdil to your Buddy List Reply with Quote