Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Media Mania > TV Shows Reviews and Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.60 average
(Posted as Starfriend)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(20-Dec-2006 at 02:33)

[2006] Heroes

Genre: Drama, Fantasy

Plot: Heroes is a serial saga about people all over the world discovering that they have superpowers and trying to deal with how this change affects their lives.

Actors:
Hayden Panettiere .... Claire Bennett / ... (13 episodes, 2006-2007)
James Kyson Lee .... Ando Masahashi (13 episodes, 2006-2007)
Masi Oka .... Hiro Nakamura (11 episodes, 2006)
Sendhil Ramamurthy .... Mohinder Suresh (11 episodes, 2006)
Noah Gray-Cabey .... Micah Sanders (10 episodes, 2006)
Ali Larter .... Niki Sanders / ... (10 episodes, 2006)
Adrian Pasdar .... Nathan Petrelli (10 episodes, 2006)
Milo Ventimiglia .... Peter Petrelli (10 episodes, 2006)
Jack Coleman .... Mr. Bennet / ... (10 episodes, 2006)
Santiago Cabrera .... Isaac Mendez (9 episodes, 2006)
Greg Grunberg .... Matt Parkman (9 episodes, 2006)
Tawny Cypress .... Simone Deveaux (8 episodes, 2006)
Nora Zehetner .... Eden McCain (8 episodes, 2006)
Thomas Dekker .... Zach (8 episodes, 2006)
Jimmy Jean-Louis .... Haitian / ... (8 episodes, 2006-2007)
Ashley Crow .... Sandra Bennet / ... (7 episodes, 2006)
Leonard Roberts .... D.L. Hawkins (6 episodes, 2006)
Deirdre Quinn .... Tina (6 episodes, 2006)
Danielle Savre .... Jackie Wilcox (6 episodes, 2006)

TV.com link:
http://www.tv.com/heroes/show/17552/summary.html

IMDB link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0813715/
View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.64
(23-Dec-2006 at 04:27)

This show is so awesome. It's a shame there won't be any episodes until January 22. Stupid Christmas.
View Public Profile Find more posts by CloudHeartsMeli Add CloudHeartsMeli to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Dec-2006 at 08:56)

I love this show. All the action and trying to figure out who can do what is addictive. I'd say 5/5

I am the darkness in your life, I am the light
I am the end of your tunnel, I am the beginning of your future
I am the end, your end. I am the path to your salvation.

Your bane, or your hope. You decide.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brightbane Add Brightbane to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $112.99
(23-Dec-2006 at 09:07)

I've never actually seen the show, but the commercials have made me very intreged.
View Public Profile Find more posts by advocatus Add advocatus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Jarlaxle Baenre)
(23-Dec-2006 at 09:19)

I've seen one episode.

It was a Hiro episode.

I still don't know why I'm not watching this.

Rumours of my demise are greatly exaggerated
Do the impossible
See the invisible
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
View Public Profile Visit Eltargrim's homepage Find more posts by Eltargrim Add Eltargrim to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Jan-2007 at 09:06)

I have the same problem as well it looks intriguing however I just dont feel like watching it wierd if you ask me

Monarch of S a v i o u r

If you want to kill me, I don't care. But, I might resist a little.
View Public Profile Find more posts by V A S H Add V A S H to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Jan-2007 at 17:38)

Re: [2006] Heroes

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle Baenre: View Post
I still don't know why I'm not watching this.
Same. I love things where everyone has a different power (Go X-men!), so I really dont know why I'm not watching it.

Cheerleader is hot btw.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin
View Public Profile Find more posts by KnightoftheNite Add KnightoftheNite to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-Jan-2007 at 00:33)

Amazing show. "save the cheerleader, save the world!"

if you havent watched it, do so, but make sure u get it from the begining or it will lose its strength

In The Darkness Of Oblivion, Light Is Just A Shade Of Grey

"A son of fire should be forced to bow before a son of clay?Ē
View Public Profile Find more posts by Bishop Grey Add Bishop Grey to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-Jan-2007 at 12:52)

this show kinda makes me say to myself "why aren't i watching this" everyone says its good...and that cheerleader is just.....fine as hell...lol

i really want to start watching this but now its up against 24...and alas....24 owns.....so i dunno

"Hmph, you and your third dimension."
"What about it?" "Oh nothing, itís cute. We have five."
"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as TranceAddict)
(12-Jan-2007 at 04:57)

I just watched all 11 episodes today, once I started, I could not stop, and now I am all GRRR that it is over, I read here there is another coming on the 22nd, how many is there in the series?

[right]Went by the Username 'TranceAddict' back in 2002-2007. Back for a look in 2011.[/color]

Last edited by Starfriend, 02-May-2007 at 18:22.
Edit reason: VO
View Public Profile Find more posts by Skjern Add Skjern to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.56
(12-Jan-2007 at 05:21)

Originally Posted by TranceAddict: View Post
I just watched all 11 episodes today, once I started, I could not stop, and now I am all GRRR that it is over, I read here there is another coming on the 22nd, how many is there in the series?
I know how you feel. It's been only 11 shows and it's already overtaken LOST and Battlestar Galactica as my number 1 show. Could not say how entirely brilliant this show is. The shows creator has said that he's pretty much completely mapped out the show for the next 5 seasons, which is also how Babylon 5, possibly the greatest show of all time, was mapped out. So assuming ratings are good, and it shouldn't be but then again Firefly got canceled and I could never understand or forgive American TV-watching public for that, Heroes should be on for 5 years. And there's probably around 11 or 12 episodes to go in this season.
View Public Profile Find more posts by daftbrain Add daftbrain to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Jan-2007 at 11:48)

It's not a bad show.It has some interesting characters like Niki Snaders and the Haitian but also some quite annoying like the indian guy.Overall it seems a bit like a rip off from the 4400 but overall it's enjoyable so i'll give it 3.5/5

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common; they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views
View Public Profile Find more posts by DHoffryn Add DHoffryn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
(15-Jan-2007 at 23:54)

Originally Posted by DHoffryn: View Post
It's not a bad show.It has some interesting characters like Niki Snaders and the Haitian but also some quite annoying like the indian guy.Overall it seems a bit like a rip off from the 4400 but overall it's enjoyable so i'll give it 3.5/5
hes the reason they are all connected... the indian guys dad made the book and everyone has read it or has been connected by someone who has, and you watch the indian guy is going to answer the question "how do you stop an exploding man?"

I'm 1970's pimp smooth...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Money Mathews Add Money Mathews to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Jan-2007 at 10:12)

Originally Posted by Money Mathews: View Post
hes the reason they are all connected... the indian guys dad made the book and everyone has read it or has been connected by someone who has, and you watch the indian guy is going to answer the question "how do you stop an exploding man?"
That doesn't make him less annoying....

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common; they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views
View Public Profile Find more posts by DHoffryn Add DHoffryn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Jan-2007 at 20:38)

Well it's back and i gotta say maybe it's because i was having a boring day and this really cheered me up but i loved the last episode

We got to see not only more from the Haitian but from Niki as well.Especially at the end."Who needs God when you have me?".That was awesome.God i hope she break out of prison soon.There aren't a lot of episodes left and i want to see more of her.
The next week episode also promises to be interesting.Now that Niki is able to use her powers under her own control and that Hiro is heading for Linderman it looks like we might be geting some interesting action
And from the trailer i just saw we might even got an insight in the powers of Niki's kid.Altough unfortunly it seems like the next episode will be mostly about Peter and Claire

Last edited by Starfriend, 23-Jan-2007 at 22:12.
Research Group
(24-Jan-2007 at 19:44)

Originally Posted by DHoffryn: View Post
And from the trailer i just saw we might even got an insight in the powers of Niki's kid.Altough unfortunly it seems like the next episode will be mostly about Peter and Claire
what the fact that he can repair any thing tech wise?

I'm 1970's pimp smooth...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Money Mathews Add Money Mathews to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Jan-2007 at 20:07)

He is a child born out of two ....mutants i guess.Who knows ,maybe this is just a small part of his power

(Posted as TranceAddict)
(31-Jan-2007 at 09:52)

Argh, for some reason, the site I used to watch this on, will not play anything in the flashwindow.

Also, the NBC page will not play any episode.

Does anyone have another watchable url they can post? Or a possible soultion to My problem? It seems no Quicktime movie will play either, yet anything that opens in WMP works fine.

We don't have this show in the UK yet.

[right]Went by the Username 'TranceAddict' back in 2002-2007. Back for a look in 2011.[/color]
View Public Profile Find more posts by Skjern Add Skjern to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Feb-2007 at 20:49)

Try peekvid.com

Its not always reliable, however. If its not working one day, its working the next

Heroes is a good show, and I agree, that indian guy is annoying. My favourite is the politician dude, though his power is kind of weak. The painter is cool too.

This too will pass
View Public Profile Find more posts by Samurai Pooh Add Samurai Pooh to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Arkadian)
(User is Banned)
(06-Feb-2007 at 19:54)
It's probably one of the only reasons to watch tv.

I like comics and thus it's a given that i really love this show.
There is only one and one reason i got hooked in the show to start with: Hiero.
He's without a doubt the best of the cast. How can you not love him?

Then i saw Nathan take to the skies. Got hooked even more. Now it's like a weekly drug.

Go Heroes

May all your dreams, but one come true
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Googler of X Add Googler of X to your Buddy List Reply with Quote