Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Media Mania > TV Shows Reviews and Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.60 average
Donated $1.20
(15-Feb-2007 at 00:26)

I just saw the first episode (downloaded the whole first season). Im gonna watch number two now, even though I gotta get up to school in.. 6 hours. This might be, the best thing Ive ever seen. First episode, was.. Amazing.

"If guns kill people...Can I blame mispelled words on my pencil?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mad Morgan Add Mad Morgan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $7.00
(16-Mar-2007 at 17:13)

Its interesting that because Australians massivly download heroes, its possibly being axed here on tv (at its good time slot) due to lack of viewers, mainly cause so many have already seen the show months before its aired here.

Never argue with an idiot.They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
View Public Profile Visit Muaddib's homepage Find more posts by Muaddib Add Muaddib to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Mar-2007 at 07:45)

This is like real-life X-men. People have different powers due to genetic evolution, a group is trying to track each mutant (the government in X-men), there are good mutants (X-men) and bad mutants (Magneto and friends).

Everyone should watch it. It has a hot cheerleader.
View Public Profile Find more posts by dennis0 Add dennis0 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
(19-Mar-2007 at 08:25)

Re: [2006] Heroes

Originally Posted by dennis0: View Post
This is like real-life X-men. People have different powers due to genetic evolution, a group is trying to track each mutant (the government in X-men), there are good mutants (X-men) and bad mutants (Magneto and friends).

Everyone should watch it. It has a hot cheerleader.
shes also only 17 in real life which kinda makes wanting her boarderline pedo.
next episode isnt happening for another 2 weeks.

I'm 1970's pimp smooth...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Money Mathews Add Money Mathews to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(19-Mar-2007 at 09:22)

Originally Posted by Money Mathews: View Post
shes also only 17 in real life which kinda makes wanting her boarderline pedo.
Unless you're even younger.
But anyways, I just borrowed a [pirated] copy of Heroes from my dear cousin, and I'm starting to watch it.

(Although I must admit that I'm more addicted to 24)

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege!
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - The Fear of Long Words

Last edited by Alexstrasza, 19-Mar-2007 at 09:23.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Alexstrasza Add Alexstrasza to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Starfriend)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(19-Mar-2007 at 09:52)

Originally Posted by Money Mathews: View Post
next episode isnt happening for another 2 weeks.
AFAIK the last episode airs on April 23rd, making it over a month.

"If You Fall, Iíll Be There"
-Ė Floor

View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Mar-2007 at 10:27)

I have a question. In a few of the first episodes, there are some minor inconsistencies between episodes, such as
Claire pulling the branch from her head at the end of the episode, but in the next episode it is shown that it was the doctor who pulled it out.
Are the producers just changing stuff however they like, or is Hiro changing events without telling us?

Last edited by dennis0, 19-Mar-2007 at 10:28.
View Public Profile Find more posts by dennis0 Add dennis0 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Starfriend)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(19-Mar-2007 at 10:40)

Actually...
At the end of episode 3 you can see the doctor's glove as she pulls the branch from Claire's head. Same in episode 4.

-Ė Floor

Last edited by Starfriend, 19-Mar-2007 at 10:41.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $1.20
(19-Mar-2007 at 16:48)

I have a theory..
I think, that the scene where peter sees himself blow up new york, will have Sylar in his place.. I can picture Sylar stealing radioactive mans power, then not being able to controlling it, thus almost blowing up the whole town. I dont know, it just seems to easy for Peter to prevent it, if it is himself who will blow it up. From what I can remember, the black chick is part of his vision of the future, and since she's dead, thats already one part that is wrong, right? Just speculating ofcourse

View Public Profile Find more posts by Mad Morgan Add Mad Morgan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Mar-2007 at 17:54)

Originally Posted by Mad Morgan: View Post
I have a theory..
I think, that the scene where peter sees himself blow up new york, will have Sylar in his place.. I can picture Sylar stealing radioactive mans power, then not being able to controlling it, thus almost blowing up the whole town. I dont know, it just seems to easy for Peter to prevent it, if it is himself who will blow it up. From what I can remember, the black chick is part of his vision of the future, and since she's dead, thats already one part that is wrong, right? Just speculating ofcourse
well we know that new girl at the company has already pretended to be simone once, so it's possible that could be happening, although Isaac's paintings can be altered to change stuff.

If life gets rough beat it with a stick.
Join #bar, commies aren't welcome.
Join #mafiagame, for the greatest mafia experience on IRC!
View Public Profile Find more posts by VantagePoint Add VantagePoint to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $1.20
(19-Mar-2007 at 18:15)

Originally Posted by VantagePoint: View Post
well we know that new girl at the company has already pretended to be simone once, so it's possible that could be happening, although Isaac's paintings can be altered to change stuff.
Well, yes, and we know why she did it too, but do you really think there's a reason for her to pretend to be Simone again? Its likely, as you say, but Im not convinced

(Posted as Starfriend)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(19-Mar-2007 at 18:22)

Furthermore, in Peter's dream he saw Isaac grab Simone and pull her away, I don't really see why he'd do that with the fake one. Not in that way. Then again we have the saying from the Terminator movies: "The future is not set."

Has anyone heard if there'll be another season of this show?

-Ė Floor

Donated $5.36
(19-Mar-2007 at 21:12)

Originally Posted by Starfriend: View Post
Has anyone heard if there'll be another season of this show?
As far as I know, it's been a ratings hit for NBC, so they're pretty likely to order another season.

edit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_(TV_series)
Originally Posted by Wikipedia:
On January 17, 2007, Reilly announced Heroes had been picked up for a second season.

No Comment

Last edited by BrandonC, 19-Mar-2007 at 21:15.
View Public Profile Find more posts by BrandonC Add BrandonC to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Starfriend)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(19-Mar-2007 at 23:53)

That is good news, but I hope they don't drag it out until it becomes as boring as Battlestar Galactica is now.

-Ė Floor

Last edited by Starfriend, 19-Mar-2007 at 23:55.
Donated $1.20
(20-Mar-2007 at 17:24)

No, I hope they keep it to 2-3 seasons tops.. Series like that tend to get boring after a while, like lost and prison break

(Posted as Starfriend)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(24-Apr-2007 at 06:08)

God I loved the ending of the latest episode.

-Ė Floor

Donated $9.31
(24-Apr-2007 at 06:39)

I've watched about 2/3's of the latest episode now, and I'm strangely indifferent. It just doesn't feel very exciting. I guess watching 3 straight seasons in a row of The Wire has something to do with it.

My MSN is still [email protected].
My Skype is kapteindynetrekk
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nimon Add Nimon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $9.31
(24-Apr-2007 at 06:51)

Hmm... just finished the episode, and... well.. disappointed. I can't see what was so great about that end. Rather predictable, I thought.

My MSN is still [email protected].
My Skype is kapteindynetrekk
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nimon Add Nimon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Apr-2007 at 10:44)

Haha i loved the ending as well.You?Me?

And it would be interesting to see what Jessica will do now.I predict soemthing very violent

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common; they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views
View Public Profile Find more posts by DHoffryn Add DHoffryn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Apr-2007 at 09:02)

Hmm.. why didn't Mohinder blow out Sylar's brains when he was down? I shat my pants at the end.

Last edited by Starfriend, 28-Apr-2007 at 10:28.
Edit reason: added spoiler tag