Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Media Mania > TV Shows Reviews and Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.75 average
(Posted as Lunor wtfX)
(06-Jan-2007 at 11:31)

I'm way behind on my Stargate (as we are here in The Netherlands), but I used to really like it a lot. Still watch it, and it's still good. Just not as good.

Ever since O'Neill left the away missions it's gotten less fun. I liked Hammond and O'Neill was a great leader (to watch ) and could be very funny at times.

I miss those times

7/10
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Jarlaxle Baenre)
(06-Jan-2007 at 22:15)

Re: [1997] Stargate SG-1

Originally Posted by Nimon: View Post
C'mon, 10 more episodes, how much plot development could they fit into that? I'm sure they'll find some way of doing it, but it won't be on the scope of the Goa'uld or the Replicators.
I haven't been keeping count of the number of episodes left. Only 10? Damnation.

Quote:
To be honest, it's almost exactly the same character as she played in Farscape. It's great though
Exactly. Which is why I don't complain. Claudia Black is awesome.

Quote:
I guess we'll see the Ori-storyline wrapped up properly after all.
First movie = yay!
Second movie = too much damn time-travel already! I know the Gate writers don't have such an obsession with it as the Trek writers, but come on.

Rumours of my demise are greatly exaggerated
Do the impossible
See the invisible
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
View Public Profile Visit Eltargrim's homepage Find more posts by Eltargrim Add Eltargrim to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Jan-2007 at 08:56)

Personally I think the whole Star Gate thing is gold. Endless possibilities. I like how they brought in the legend of king arthur and merlin into the story. Quite interesting. Must say the new queen b for the auorite (spelling not sure) is damn seksi

Monarch of S a v i o u r

If you want to kill me, I don't care. But, I might resist a little.
View Public Profile Find more posts by V A S H Add V A S H to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Jan-2007 at 09:03)

Uhh man i am such an idiot didnt even realize that the Ori princess is Morena Baccarin from firefly. LOL damn i knew i recognized her from somewhere

Monarch of S a v i o u r

If you want to kill me, I don't care. But, I might resist a little.
View Public Profile Find more posts by V A S H Add V A S H to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Jan-2007 at 00:36)

This is probably my favorite TV show ever. For anyone who's interested in mythology and/or human origins, this show provides a great perspective and an involved storyline. I'm just sorry that I've seen only seasons 1,2,9, and 10. I missed so much!

Signature suspended for violating the forum's rules.
Signature contained non-English.
"The translation has to be valid, and easily verifiable by a moderator doing a quick search on the Internet."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Draco Eudokus Add Draco Eudokus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Jan-2007 at 05:08)

This is a show I really love and while maybe its not a *great* show, it is really really neat and I think could be found interesting by most anyone. I soldiered along watching this show in its first seasons when it was barely popular enough to stay on TV. It came on right after one of the Star Trek series, DS9 or Voyager, so it was basically part of my nightly routine. Lovable characters and a very intriguing plot.

4/5

Last Member of the Church of Valek
-------------------------------------
Insert something witty here.
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -John Paul Jones
View Public Profile Visit Dead Canaanite's homepage Find more posts by Dead Canaanite Add Dead Canaanite to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Feb-2007 at 09:55)

A channel here in Sweden has started to show the series from the start so me and my wife are watching it every night Have to agree that it's pretty good
View Public Profile Find more posts by Largoi Add Largoi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Celtic209)
(01-Mar-2007 at 18:25)

only two more episodes and thats it here in Ireland....

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Celtic22 Add Celtic22 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $9.31
(01-Mar-2007 at 19:25)

Originally Posted by Celtic209: View Post
only two more episodes and thats it here in Ireland....
Only two more episodes and that's it for SG1 anywhere. It's canceled. There will be two straight-to-DVD movies come fall, though, and quite possibly more after that.

My MSN is still [email protected].
My Skype is kapteindynetrekk
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nimon Add Nimon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Starfriend)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(01-Mar-2007 at 22:02)

I can understand why, it really hasn't been as good this last season. Shame though.

"If You Fall, Ill Be There"
- Floor

View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $9.31
(01-Mar-2007 at 22:36)

Originally Posted by Starfriend: View Post
I can understand why, it really hasn't been as good this last season. Shame though.
Everything hasn't been that great, but I there have been some good episodes. Also, I guess you could attribute at least some of that "averageness" to the fact that some way through the season they were suddenly told that they were canceled. I'm pretty sure they didn't intend on ending the Ori plot line this season. Though that won't happen anyway, that's what one of the movies is for.

I also like the fact that Amanda Tapping (Carter) is going to be a new primary character in Atlantis (while that annoying Weir-woman is just going to be recurring).

Last edited by Nimon, 01-Mar-2007 at 22:38.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nimon Add Nimon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Mar-2007 at 10:16)

Originally Posted by Azure Dragon: View Post
Richard Dean Anderson made Stargate, and without him it hasnt quite got the same depth to it...
I strongly disagree - while O'Neill made the show in the early seasons, it's Dr. Jackson's character which has been controlling ever since he resumed his human form, and especially since the beginning of the Ori/Quest storyline. His character has shown some dramatic changes, as he progressed from being a simple knockoff of the movie's Jackson to a dynamic, in-depth, well-developed character. 10/10

Dr. Daniel Jackson for Philosopher King!

Last edited by tim4christ17, 03-Mar-2007 at 10:20.
Edit reason: Rating it
View Public Profile Find more posts by tim4christ17 Add tim4christ17 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Mar-2007 at 17:21)

It's over.After so many years the legend is finally over.It has truly been a pleasure to follow this show for many years.I hope that very much like it's inferior aunt Star Trek Stargate in some form will find a way to continue to exist for many many years.Also i would like to mention someone very special.The Asgard.In the final episode they proved once again what we have always known.That they are awesome

Rest in peace Stargate SG-1 you are a legend that will always remain in our hearts.

And now all we can do is wait for the two movies and the next season of Stargate Atlantis

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common; they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views

Last edited by DHoffryn, 14-Mar-2007 at 17:23.
View Public Profile Find more posts by DHoffryn Add DHoffryn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Celtic209)
(14-Mar-2007 at 18:20)

Originally Posted by DHoffryn: View Post
It's over.After so many years the legend is finally over.It has truly been a pleasure to follow this show for many years.I hope that very much like it's inferior aunt Star Trek Stargate in some form will find a way to continue to exist for many many years.Also i would like to mention someone very special.The Asgard.In the final episode they proved once again what we have always known.That they are awesome

Rest in peace Stargate SG-1 you are a legend that will always remain in our hearts.

And now all we can do is wait for the two movies and the next season of Stargate Atlantis
Indeed!

Last episode was awesome by the way
View Public Profile Find more posts by Celtic22 Add Celtic22 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Thunder CTG)
(14-Mar-2007 at 19:29)

now it will live forever in reruns

x-NI Senator
x-SOV. NH
Heru en'Arvandor (Lord of Heaven)
Taure en'Arvandor [TA]
View Public Profile Find more posts by Thunder TA Add Thunder TA to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Mar-2007 at 20:03)

Last episode just raised more questions was good but i hope they make a good movie to finish the story line
View Public Profile Find more posts by O s i r i s Add O s i r i s to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $9.31
(14-Mar-2007 at 20:12)

Two movies and a third series have been confirmed.

(14-Mar-2007 at 23:07)

Originally Posted by Nimon: View Post
Two movies and a third series have been confirmed.
A third series? What title?

Will it be a spinoff of Stargate: Atlantis or of Stargate: SG-1?

Will I recognise anyone?

Tell me :|

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $9.31
(14-Mar-2007 at 23:32)

Originally Posted by Lunor: View Post
A third series? What title?
I don't know

Quote:
Will it be a spinoff of Stargate: Atlantis or of Stargate: SG-1?
I have no idea.

Quote:
Will I recognise anyone?
Probably.

Nothing really confirmed yet.

(17-Mar-2007 at 21:07)

I have also heard of a 3rd series and was confused to why and where it would take place.

From what I've been told they were planning on wrapping up the ori line in 2 or 3 seasons, which is why some drastic things needed to occur
(ie the Asgard blowing themselves up)

If life gets rough beat it with a stick.
Join #bar, commies aren't welcome.
Join #mafiagame, for the greatest mafia experience on IRC!

Last edited by Starfriend, 18-Mar-2007 at 09:26.
Edit reason: spoiler
View Public Profile Find more posts by VantagePoint Add VantagePoint to your Buddy List Reply with Quote