Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Media Mania > TV Shows Reviews and Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average
(Posted as Starfriend)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(20-Dec-2006 at 02:54)

[2001] Scrubs

Genre: Comedy, Drama

Plot: This half-hour comedy focuses on the bizarre experiences of fresh-faced medical intern John "J.D." Dorian (Zach Braff) as he embarks on his healing career in a surreal hospital crammed full of unpredictable staffers and patients – where humor and tragedy can merge paths at any time.

Actors:
Zach Braff .... Dr. John 'J.D.' Dorian (121 episodes, 2001-2006)
Sarah Chalke .... Dr. Elliot Reid (121 episodes, 2001-2006)
Donald Faison .... Dr. Christopher Turk (121 episodes, 2001-2006)
Ken Jenkins .... Dr. Bob Kelso (121 episodes, 2001-2006)
John C. McGinley .... Dr. Perry Cox (121 episodes, 2001-2006)
Judy Reyes .... Nurse Carla Espinosa (121 episodes, 2001-2006)
Neil Flynn .... The Janitor (120 episodes, 2001-2006)
Robert Maschio .... Todd Quinlan (85 episodes, 2001-2006)
Aloma Wright .... Nurse Laverne Roberts (76 episodes, 2001-2006)
Christa Miller .... Jordan Sullivan (61 episodes, 2001-2006)
Sam Lloyd .... Ted Buckland (60 episodes, 2001-2006)

TV.com link:
http://www.tv.com/scrubs/show/3613/summary.html

IMDB link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0285403/
View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Dec-2006 at 09:03)

I love the comedy in this show, and I can't wait to see more of the new episodes. I would give it a 5/5

I am the darkness in your life, I am the light
I am the end of your tunnel, I am the beginning of your future
I am the end, your end. I am the path to your salvation.

Your bane, or your hope. You decide.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brightbane Add Brightbane to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Jan-2007 at 05:58)

Awesome show, extremely funny

5/5

"I once went on a long marathon session of masturbation with the goal of doing it 5 times and towards the end I was losing the ability to get it up. I started freaking out because that had never happened to me before and thought I had somehow broken something. After getting that fear in my head I had REAL difficulty getting it up no matter much much I touched it. -RA3
View Public Profile Find more posts by Californication Add Californication to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as matinog)
(12-Jan-2007 at 22:22)

5/5 well planned episodes and great characters give it an authentic feel. i love this show.

RIP John Lennon
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mandraque Add Mandraque to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as TranceAddict)
(13-Jan-2007 at 22:55)

Yeah, I love this show, think I have watched most of them now.

[right]Went by the Username 'TranceAddict' back in 2002-2007. Back for a look in 2011.[/color]
View Public Profile Find more posts by Skjern Add Skjern to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Jan-2007 at 22:51)

Definitely my favourite show! Hilarious...the cast is great.
5/5
View Public Profile Find more posts by aC23 Add aC23 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Jan-2007 at 05:47)

Awesome show. Really, really good.

Dr. Cox is my hero. He pretends to be a jerk, makes hilarious comments and has fantastic facial expressions but in the end is the good guy, and is very friendly when he needs to be. Really, really great guy.

10/10. One of the shows I wouldn't want to miss one episode of. I think I even like it better then House or Friends. I can't believe I just typed that >.>
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as star54)
(05-Mar-2007 at 14:54)

I love SCRUBS in all it's glory!

I own all the released DVDs in Oz...!

5/5 no doubt!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Faraway14 Add Faraway14 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Mar-2007 at 22:53)

Quote:
Dr. Cox: [explaining he doesn't care it's JD's last week of residency] I suppose I could riff a list of things that I care as little about as our last week. Let's see... low carb diets, Michael Moore, the Republican National Convention, Kabbalah & all Kabbalah-related products, Hi-Def TV, the Bush daughters, wireless hotspots, the OC, the UN, recycling, getting Punk'd, Danny Gans, the Latin Grammys, the real Grammys, Jeff that Wiggle that sleeps too darn much, the Yankees payroll, all the red states, all the blue states, every hybrid car, every talk show, everything on the planet, everything in the solar system, everything, everything, everything, everything, everything, everythingj every-everything that exists past present & future, in discovered and undiscovered dimensions!
[turns away, then turns back]
Dr. Cox: Oh, and Hugh Jackman.
J.D.: Hugh Jackman is Wolverine! How dare he!
How can you not love a show with such great lines.Dr.Cox is defintly one of my favourite characters of all times

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common; they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views
View Public Profile Find more posts by DHoffryn Add DHoffryn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Mar-2007 at 11:31)

I have to say I'm not a huge fan of this show... it's funny enough but I just can't watch it for a whole episode without wanting to do something else, which for a normal sit-com is kinda bad.

3/5 is my grade.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Largoi Add Largoi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Mar-2007 at 11:52)

I really don't understand what's so funny about it. Scrubs is annoying and cheesy if you ask me. It just doesn't make me laugh at all.

Now I have a signature
View Public Profile Find more posts by Rustem Add Rustem to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Mar-2007 at 13:30)

I don't know what I like so much about it either (other then dr. Cox).

What I really dislike about the show is the drama, and it's a real shame that they keep putting that in. It should just be a comedy like Seinfeld or Friends...the drama doesn't do 'it' for me at all.

But the comedy is hilarious. J.D. with all his fantasies and everyone with their own little quirks.
'Hooch is crazy, yo'

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Apr-2007 at 16:16)

Wow the last episode was great.Very emotional and at the same time the last scene made me laugh so hard i nearly fell of my chair.Great job!

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common; they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views
View Public Profile Find more posts by DHoffryn Add DHoffryn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Apr-2007 at 06:00)

I love this show, though I admittedly don't watch television (paradoxical? Okay, I very seldomly watch television). It's perhaps a little too cheesy and glossy on the surface but it's very sincere and genuine humor.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."
-Soren Kierkegaard
"Those who know don't say, and those who say don't know."
- Lao Tzu
More Quotes...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Syke Add Syke to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as DeRnhelm)
Donated $11.54
(03-Mar-2008 at 09:31)

Re: [2001] Scrubs

Originally Posted by Lunor: View Post
I don't know what I like so much about it either (other then dr. Cox).
Wow, we have different opinions here. Dr Cox is a very boring and predictive imo.

Quote:
What I really dislike about the show is the drama, and it's a real shame that they keep putting that in. It should just be a comedy like Seinfeld or Friends...the drama doesn't do 'it' for me at all.
There's no drama in Friends? Hahaha great joke of the day

~ŠeRn~
BTW: You Are All Buffle Headed
View Public Profile Find more posts by DeRn HaLL Add DeRn HaLL to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as AMYQ)
(03-Mar-2008 at 13:08)

Scrubs is excruciatingly crap. It sucks badly. Its boring, not funny, stupid, over dramatic, badly acted and lame.

INSANE CUBE FISH™
This is the clock up on the wall/This is the story of us all/This is the first sound of a new born child before he starts to crawl
This is the war that's never won/This is the soldier and his gun/This is the mother waiting by the phone praying for her son
View Public Profile Find more posts by Miss AmyQ Add Miss AmyQ to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as DeRnhelm)
Donated $11.54
(13-Mar-2008 at 01:46)

Originally Posted by AMYQ: View Post
Scrubs is excruciatingly crap. It sucks badly. Its boring, not funny, stupid, over dramatic, badly acted and lame.
Ye, much like what I'm thinking
The humor is kinda like this:

[Protagonist]: "Name" is gonna be so angry now!
["Name] Shows up: I'm so angry now!

~ŠeRn~
BTW: You Are All Buffle Headed
View Public Profile Find more posts by DeRn HaLL Add DeRn HaLL to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-Mar-2008 at 11:25)

Originally Posted by DeRnhelm: View Post
Wow, we have different opinions here. Dr Cox is a very boring and predictive imo.

There's no drama in Friends? Hahaha great joke of the day
Everyone in comedies/movies/tv in general is predictable, imo. You know George from Seinfeld will get upset about something, that Joey and Homer (Friends, Simpsons) will make stupid comments, that House talks down to people (House), that Cox (Scrubs) will go on a rant...if you don't like predictable stuff, you probably shouldn't watch shows that have the same characters all the time (i.e. any tv series)

And there is far (faaaar) less drama in Friends, and none in Seinfeld. And in Friends it's usually funny stuff when things go wrong, while in Scrubs it seems like every episode something happens that makes people sad/go from happy to unhappy/depressed, etc.
I just don't like that part of it, and it's a shame they make it such a big part of it. Nor do I like the drama on Friends, few and far between as it is (I think only Ross/Rachel I'd see as real drama and even then there's a ton of jokes), but you have to live with it.

In conclusion: If only more shows could be like Seinfeld

Anyway don't go claiming I'm overly defensive or whatever, I'm just explaining myself.

ps. Note how the Genre of Scrubs is 'Comedy, Drama', Friends is 'Comedy, Romance' and Seinfeld is plain 'Comedy'

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)

Last edited by Lunor, 13-Mar-2008 at 11:30.
(13-Mar-2008 at 15:36)

You need a bit of drama in a comedy series. Not because it's fun to watch, but because it makes the jokes funnier. When it's just joke, after joke, after joke, the impact is far less.

Which is why Seinfeld isn't funny. Well that, and the fact that the jokes seem to be written by a comedian with an extra chromosome. *cough*

Modern world I'm not pleased to meet you

You just bring me down
View Public Profile Find more posts by Caelis666 Add Caelis666 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Mar-2008 at 00:42)

Originally Posted by Caelis666: View Post
You need a bit of drama in a comedy series. Not because it's fun to watch, but because it makes the jokes funnier. When it's just joke, after joke, after joke, the impact is far less.

Which is why Seinfeld isn't funny. Well that, and the fact that the jokes seem to be written by a comedian with an extra chromosome. *cough*
I disagree. The obvious example is the fantastic comedy Seinfeld. It had no sad parts, and was still (or perhaps because of that) the best comedy series ever.
And I'm not the only one that thinks/says/writes that!

So from my point of view, you don't need drama to make the funny stuff funnier. And no one watches a comedy for the drama. So why put it in? It is (together with overhyped character development) the biggest time-waster in comedies.

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)

Last edited by Lunor, 14-Mar-2008 at 00:44.