Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Temple > Utopia Temple Support

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(04-Aug-2008 at 20:53)

Spell check missing

Hello:

I was replying to a thread today and I was about to spell check my post when I noticed that the spell check that we have is gone.

The one I am talking about is just above the smileys, top right hand side of the grey box you are typing in if you are replying to this message.

I have tried replying to 2 threads and creating 2 threads with no spell check in any of those boxes.

Was it removed? If so, can we get it back? I could always use IE spell, or the FF version whatever it is called, but I found that box really convenient.

Please let me know,

Cheers,

EvilDH

PS - I am not responsible for the spelling in this post! LOL I hope it's all right
View Public Profile Find more posts by EvilDH Add EvilDH to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(06-Aug-2008 at 05:43)

question Re: Spell check missing

I still have the spell checker button.
Can you provide a screen shot of how you see it?

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Aug-2008 at 22:16)

Here is a screenshot:

-EvilDH
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spellcheckmissingqn8.jpg (37.5 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Brother Green, 06-Aug-2008 at 23:26.
Edit reason: Attached screen shot to post
View Public Profile Find more posts by EvilDH Add EvilDH to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(06-Aug-2008 at 23:30)

lightbulb Re: Spell check missing

I see that you are using Firefox. The built-in spell checker works only on Internet Explorer. However, Firefox has its own native spell checker for textarea fields. Right-click the textarea, and select "Spell check this field".

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Aug-2008 at 01:07)

Aha, a few months ago I had switched to firefox, I guess I had been posting and just hadn't noticed the spell check missing until the last couple of posts. "Out of sight, out of mind" it seems.

I'll just have to use firefox's features from now on. Thanks for the info!

Cheers,

EvilDH