Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as boydc)
(21-May-2003 at 16:10)

freak An Orc Theif...

Quote:
so then their only big problem is their thievery effectiveness i believe, but with their increased population limits, they could get a high tpa
This is true, I'm a Halfling Rouge...I have an average TPA of 8-9...Once in this war of mine, there was an orc at 1500+ Acres and he was an Orc Rouge...His raw TPA was 13 and he had full science and 30% schools...

Lol, and he practically theived everybody in my kingdom including me... but we eventually brought him down cause his TPA was too high resulting in low DPA and WPA as well...

Last edited by Ns 2001, 21-May-2003 at 16:14.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ns 2001 Add Ns 2001 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-May-2003 at 16:18)
Quote:
Elf: Mystic
Halfling: Rogue
Human: Merchant
Orc: Warrior
Dwarf: Shepperd
Avian: General
Undead: Mystic
Faery: Rogue
Yes, these are the best combos to enhance all the races. However, other combos like Avian/rogue (like I am), Elf/rogue or Orc/mystic are also good, the orc one to get rid of the -50% magic bonus, and the other two to become more allround.
View Public Profile Find more posts by The Evil Eel Add The Evil Eel to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
(21-May-2003 at 16:22)

What i would chose!

Human-Rogue
Elf-Mystic
Dwarf-Shepherd
Orc-Warrior
Faery-Rogue
Halfer-Rogue
Avian-Warrior
Undead-General

thats my choise as the thing is now!

Signature suspended by Brother Nazgul for violating the forum's rules.
View Public Profile Visit Faberman's homepage Find more posts by Faberman Add Faberman to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-May-2003 at 16:34)
sunglasses

Quote:
(Originally posted by rajin)

How is Orc Mystic best attacker? Orcs are not good at magic. Better is Orc General or Orc War Hero or Orc Shepard.

I like Undead Mystic as the overall best race & personality.
ithink the best attacker is dwarf, they good !
kamu orang indonesia ya?( sorry for indonesian heheh)
View Public Profile Find more posts by yussi Add yussi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-May-2003 at 16:41)

Quote:
(Originally posted by F O R T)
Avians, yeah fly over Forts but they have no Horsies and their Elite sucks, they cant challenge the Orcs and Humans after 2000 acres
Their eletes may suck, but then again you get 800+ with every attack so you just keep getting more and more. i think avians are pretty damn good.

My tator tots are cold and soggy....
View Public Profile Find more posts by old gaffer Add old gaffer to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-May-2003 at 17:24)
Orc general is best, y? Already that Orcs have high attack, 1 more general will give an extra 5% to the attack strength, wich is alot! With 5 generals instead of 4 you get 25% more RAW attack than 20% Raw. That makes the elite from 8*1.2=9.6 to 10. For an orc to have agression and those kind of spells, you need then 5-10% towers and 10% guilds. I'd rather put those 15% directly in barracks.
View Public Profile Find more posts by foreshadow Add foreshadow to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Mercad)
(21-May-2003 at 17:37)
Halfer/Rogue
Elf/Rogue (or Mysitc if ur a dicer)
Human/Rogue (or Shep)
Faery/Rogue
Avian/Shep (or Warrior)
Orc/Shep (maybe sage)
Dwarf/Shep (or sage)
Undead/Mystic

thats how i play my races... also avian/war hero is pretty solid, but ive noticed that if u play this u better have a 3 wpa and 3 tpa with max WT and clear sight
View Public Profile Find more posts by Merc Add Merc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-May-2003 at 00:39)
a pumped orc mystic/sheapherd kicks ass.. a pumped orc kd and u can say goodbye.. :P

Last edited by b1uemchen, 22-May-2003 at 00:40.
View Public Profile Find more posts by b1uemchen Add b1uemchen to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-May-2003 at 00:46)
The best combos (in my oppinion) are:

Elf- Mystic
Faery- Rouge
Human- Warrior (human has lots of elites, this saves much money)
Orc- Mystic
Undead- Mystic (only way to compete is nightmare)
Avian- Shephard (hope you don't feel like getting past 400k)
Dwarf- Shephard
View Public Profile Find more posts by swccg Add swccg to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as grockman)
(22-May-2003 at 02:05)
why are you guys talking about whats the best personality when you don't relate your kingdom at all into it?

Kingdom strategy determines what province strategy you use.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Rockman n00blet Add Rockman n00blet to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-May-2003 at 02:20)
Quote:
(Originally posted by Usagi)

Orcs are great too..after a good elite pump..you'll be able to hit people around your size twice! That really makes a huge difference..you can end up gaining 400+ acres on attacks..or you can attack someone much bigger than yourself, because of your sheer power and gain a huge amount of land/honor.
You bring up a good point. Being able to attack and gain 400 acres is not all that great if you don't have the cash to defend it. A lot of attackers will have trouble defending such a big amount of land.

Thats why I would pick avain/sage. You can attack three times a day, or attack twice and plunder once for money. Plus it's so nice not to worry about forts.

P.S. How dose everybody know that mystic for sure get's rid of the -50% orcs have to magic? Mystic makes guilds twice as effective, which would help your wpa, which would provinde mage defence.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sapiens Curse Add Sapiens Curse to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-May-2003 at 02:33)
lazy smile

at all the orcs mystics

shepherds are so much better
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dark Mage69 Add Dark Mage69 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as grockman)
(22-May-2003 at 04:53)
Sapiens - let me get this straight, you are worried about being able to defend your land.... so you chose avian?

If I followed your logic, if i was worried about having a high tpa, I'd choose Orc, or if I was worried about space efficiency I'd choose Undead, or if i was worried about military losses, I'd choose Faery.

Thanks for choosing Avian, though, if you are on BF and are large enough, you make excellent farmland for my kingdom's large orcs
View Public Profile Find more posts by Rockman n00blet Add Rockman n00blet to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Just some guy)
(22-May-2003 at 16:16)

sunglasses

Orcs Rule! As soon as you get some elites you can break everybody you want, sometimes people twice ur size. Orc/Mystic is good if u want to cover up the magic weakness but I play Orc/General, You get huge bonuses with that...it Kills And watchtowers can stop most thievery.

Quote:
You bring up a good point. Being able to attack and gain 400 acres is not all that great if you don't have the cash to defend it. A lot of attackers will have trouble defending such a big amount of land.

Thats why I would pick avain/sage. You can attack three times a day, or attack twice and plunder once for money. Plus it's so nice not to worry about forts.

P.S. How dose everybody know that mystic for sure get's rid of the -50% orcs have to magic? Mystic makes guilds twice as effective, which would help your wpa, which would provinde mage defence.
Being able to grab 400 acres is great and as an avian you will have exactly the same problems when you attack that much...And having such short attack times isnt all that great unless u dont have a life or set ur alarm at a time ur army comes back...Besides plunder attacks suck anyway, they dont get you elites but you lose a lot of troops and often Its just not worth it...

And as an Orc/Mystic you cant ALWAYS get rid of the -50% magic but if u have some guilds u can easily get loads of wizies
View Public Profile Find more posts by The Candyman Add The Candyman to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-May-2003 at 17:03)

not mentioned yet but a good combo (and only reason i thought of it is cause i landed it in genisis) is avian mystic.
Avians aren't the best race but are underrated and as mystic it enables you to cast their spells like bloodlust, fanatiscm, aggression greater protection and town watch a lot easeir/ better

a friend is someone who will bail you out of jail...
a real good friend however is some one who is sitting next to you and saying"how the fuck did we end up here!"
View Public Profile Find more posts by anangerwithin Add anangerwithin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-May-2003 at 17:08)

Yeah, avain COULD outshine orcs as the best attacking race. Basically by this pricaple, say as a avain you get 4 attacks at 150 acres and 200 elites. A orc will have a slower attack time, 1/2 elite conversion, and a higher OPA (which will lead to a slightly larger grab). So anyway, the orc will get 3 attacks at 200 acres and 100 elites per attack. In that same timeframe. So the avain will have 600 acres and 800 elites, and the orc will have 600 acres and 300 elites. Over the course of a week this will lead the avain to having considerably more elites. That will basically offset the avains elite being a little weaker, after all 2000 avain elites is 12k raw offense and the 1000 orc elites that a similar provence would have converted is only 8k offense (and dont get me started on the defense dirrence...8k raw defense to 1k raw defense). Also a avain war hero can have extreme amounts of honor due to his high attack speed. The only X-factors are the orcs +10% population (which allows for even more OPA) and the fact that orcs have -50% theivery and magic (which basically sucks).

BUT, and this is a big but, in order for all this to work out as planned you have to be able/willing to actually BE THERE when your army returns every 8 hours or so. I have alot of avains in my kingdom and none of them attack 3x in a day...I mean most people do other things than just sit around and play utopia. BUT, like I said, on paper, the avain outshines the orc.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-May-2003 at 20:36)
overall id say orc>avian, avian may outshine orc in the begining, but later on a fully pumped orc can rape any1
View Public Profile Find more posts by iori86 Add iori86 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-May-2003 at 07:39)

yeah but a fully pumped avain(which is easier to get than a fully pumped orc) can hit ALMOST anyone ALOT more than the orc can.....

AND the avain dosent have to worry about T/Ms nearly as much as the orc....
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-May-2003 at 14:02)
That's right, plus that the negate fort bonus is VERY useful when you're big, because +10% defense becomes considerable amounts of defense points then... And avian elite gains just ROCK compared to the other races...
View Public Profile Find more posts by The Evil Eel Add The Evil Eel to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-May-2003 at 17:46)

OOW orc is the best race ,when run properly, it is just that during war unless you are careful/ lucky or both an avian should outshine a orc but that also depends on your KDmates and how they support you

a friend is someone who will bail you out of jail...
a real good friend however is some one who is sitting next to you and saying"how the fuck did we end up here!"
View Public Profile Find more posts by anangerwithin Add anangerwithin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote