Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Playing / Gonna Play An MMO?
World of Warcraft 11 52.38%
Lord of the Rings 1 4.76%
Warhammer 1 4.76%
Aion 1 4.76%
Final Fantasy 0 0%
RuneScape 4 19.05%
Guild Wars 4 19.05%
Stargate Worlds 2 9.52%
Star Wars: The Old Republic 6 28.57%
Other (Specify) 9 42.86%
Who voted? Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Donated $11.54
(24-Oct-2009 at 04:20)

Playing / Gonna Play An MMO?

So, what MMOs have you guys played, are playing or are planning to try / switch to?

Personally;
I have a WoW account, but I am not playing nor am I likely to start again.
I have an Age of Conan account, but I am not playing and I am pretty sure I will not play again.
I have an active AION account and I am having fun playing it with old guildies from WoW.
I am hopefully switching to SW:TOR and playing only that in the future. Really looking forward to it.

I wish I had tried others as well.
Did try the D&D Beta but playing WoW actively I did not buy it. It is so long ago that I can't remember my impressions.
I downloaded FF Trial but I don't think I want to try it as I have limited time.

~–eRn~
BTW: You Are All Buffle Headed

Last edited by DeRn HaLL, 24-Oct-2009 at 04:28.
View Public Profile Find more posts by DeRn HaLL Add DeRn HaLL to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Oct-2009 at 04:41)

only ever played runescape before, and very half-assedly. Considering getting TOR though.

Tax collectors are a valid military target - chobham
View Public Profile Find more posts by Spectre19 Add Spectre19 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Oct-2009 at 08:30)

i played runescape for like, a month or so. Too annoying for me.

I have played Guild Wars since it came out, still play it, and have all the campaigns. Great game and it isn't pay per month. I hate pay per month games.

Time passes, people move. Like a river's flow, it never ends.
A childish mind will turn to noble ambition. Young love will become deep affection.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Felix Zalitz Add Felix Zalitz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Oct-2009 at 16:00)

Play WoW but I played Star Wars and TLotR.. Didnt like those two.

Never Forget

September 11, 2001
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invictus2001 Add Invictus2001 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Oct-2009 at 17:56)

I used to play Silk Road Online ... got bored with all the extreme grinding needed just to lvl, so I stopped playing.

I later came across Cabal. I played that for a year or so before I recently quit (my account was hacked and most of my items/gear and all of my money was gone - I reported everything, and nothing was done about it )

Now, I'm taking a break from MMOs ... but I'm taking recommendations for free MMORPGs with good (or better) graphics that are fun.
View Public Profile Visit Roxtin's homepage Find more posts by Roxtin Add Roxtin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Oct-2009 at 00:36)

Yeah, to be honest Id never pay monthly to play a videogame. I got Muuuuuuuch better things to spend money on, even if it is only 5 or 10 bucks a month....

I occasionally try to find free games but I never find anything that seems to be any good(maybe thats why they are free...lol). But I assume there has to be a few good free mmorpgs out there...

"Hmph, you and your third dimension."
"What about it?" "Oh nothing, itís cute. We have five."
"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $11.54
(26-Oct-2009 at 21:13)

WoW and Aion cost 12 or 13 Euro each month. At least where I live that is roughly 1,5 trips to the cinema each month - or 1 meal at a restaurant. About 2/3 the price of a new DVD movie, the cost of 2 cigarette packs.

I was reluctant because of the monthly price in the beginning - but seeing how fun and addictive it was I stopped caring (and not because I was addicted - just because for me it was worth it).

~–eRn~
BTW: You Are All Buffle Headed
View Public Profile Find more posts by DeRn HaLL Add DeRn HaLL to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(26-Oct-2009 at 21:17)

Re: Playing / Gonna Play An MMO?

Originally Posted by DeRn HaLL: View Post
WoW and Aion cost 12 or 13 Euro each month. At least where I live that is roughly 1,5 trips to the cinema each month - or 1 meal at a restaurant. About 2/3 the price of a new DVD movie, the cost of 2 cigarette packs.

I was reluctant because of the monthly price in the beginning - but seeing how fun and addictive it was I stopped caring (and not because I was addicted - just because for me it was worth it).
while AION is a great game (my friends play it), Guild Wars is just as good (in my opinion) and is not pay-per-month. Also, Guild Wars 2 is going to be released in the new future!

A childish mind will turn to noble ambition. Young love will become deep affection.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Felix Zalitz Add Felix Zalitz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Oct-2009 at 19:38)

Well diablo 3 is comming out fairly soon, and its gunna be free...and will msot likely own...

"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Oct-2009 at 19:43)

Originally Posted by Chillin: View Post
Well diablo 3 is comming out fairly soon, and its gunna be free...and will msot likely own...
I'm looking forward to D3 ... and will get it, but D3 still looks like D2 - just prettier. Not to mention the lack of char choices
View Public Profile Visit Roxtin's homepage Find more posts by Roxtin Add Roxtin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Oct-2009 at 20:47)

Re: Playing / Gonna Play An MMO?

Originally Posted by Roxtin: View Post
I'm looking forward to D3 ... and will get it, but D3 still looks like D2 - just prettier. Not to mention the lack of char choices
as long as its not pay per month, im ok with that.

(27-Oct-2009 at 20:47)

Well from what ive read about it its basically a cross between WoW and D2, and is free (outside of the cost of the game)

"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
(31-Oct-2009 at 00:59)
used to play Guild Wars and Runes of Magic, but now I gave up on MMOs altogether, they just take too much time if you wanna be any good(with items and all that)... Guild Wars was unique in that it was pure skills, not items(cause those were easily and cheaply available to everyone) however after playing it for 4 years I got a bit tired of it and quit

Warning:
N00B ALERT
View Public Profile Find more posts by zling Add zling to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $50.00
(27-Nov-2009 at 22:47)

LOTRO has been my MMO of choice for the past couple of years, play EVE occasionally and recently tried WoW again.

This is what every PvP argument boils down to:
Dear Devs:
Rock is overpowered, please nerf. Paper is fine.
Yours, Scissors
View Public Profile Find more posts by Grashnak Add Grashnak to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $1.20
(28-Nov-2009 at 00:16)

Playing WoW since 5 years back (well, the EU servers started later, but I was in the US beta, and EU beta, so I count it as 5 years), own and have at some point played Anarchy Online, Warhammer Online, and Age of conan.
Tried Lineage 1&2, Planetside, Eve, Neocron, Ultima Online (oh, I own that too, just never played it that much, a few months), everquest..

And the only thing at the horizon is more WoW (cataclysm), whatever the hell blizzards next mmorpg will be (they are making one, theyve said, not related to any of their previous games), and the new star wars game (tried the last one too, but that sucked).

So yeah, Ive been hooked on MMO's for many many years, and probably will for alot more years

"If guns kill people...Can I blame mispelled words on my pencil?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mad Morgan Add Mad Morgan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Nov-2009 at 17:07)

ex girl friend was WoW addict turned me off that game .... played GW for abit until I got bored with it .... will try GW2 but I'm more a FPS gamer.

Fear is the foundation of most governments
Five years of banning
04-Dec-2002 Starfriend Spamming
11-Dec-2007 Saint Sinner Off-Topic Post
Happy Wooden anniversary
View Public Profile Find more posts by HarleyQuinnROX Add HarleyQuinnROX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Nov-2009 at 21:20)

I've recently started playing WolfTeam again - it's a fun FPS.
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(01-Dec-2009 at 21:18)

I play EVE Online on and off, and I'm a bit curious of both the Stargate and Star Wars ones.

"If You Fall, Iíll Be There"
-Ė Floor

View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(03-Dec-2009 at 03:40)

Try city of heroes

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Dec-2009 at 02:18)

Ive played CoH myself. I liked it but most of my friends got lives and moved on and the game is much more fun as a group so I moved on to WoW after a few false starts elsewhere.

Never Forget

September 11, 2001
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invictus2001 Add Invictus2001 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote