Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Gunna pay attention to the olympics?
Yes - Im going to watch them alot (I live in the US) 3 14.29%
Kinda - Im gunna watch them a little (I live in the US) 4 19.05%
No - I could care less (I live in the US) 0 0%
Yes - Im going to watch them alot (I dont live in the US) 4 19.05%
Kinda - Im gunna watch them a little (I dont live in the US) 5 23.81%
No - I could care less (I dont live in the US) 5 23.81%
Who voted? Voters: 21
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(15-Feb-2010 at 22:20)

Winter Olympics

How many of you are actually gunna pay attention to the olympics? I figured id ask here to get a global opnion on this...

"Hmph, you and your third dimension."
"What about it?" "Oh nothing, itís cute. We have five."
"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Feb-2010 at 00:48)

im gonna watch the hockey if I think of it.
Saw USA females play China.

Never Forget

September 11, 2001
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invictus2001 Add Invictus2001 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Feb-2010 at 02:06)

Basically, I turn on the Olympics whenever I'm home. I might not sit and watch every single second but I try and keep an eye on the US athletes in most events and as much as I can of some of the more interesting events. So far, I've been able to keep on track of things I've missed because of ESPN but we'll see how long that lasts.

I hope I get to see some curling

I miss Runey...
Band is good! Band is great! Band is how I got a date!
War Damn Eagle!
I love Reputation! Love it! Gimme Gimme Gimme!!! Please.
View Public Profile Find more posts by StarOwl Add StarOwl to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Feb-2010 at 04:21)

lol brilliant thread are you from the USA or one of those other country's out there in the darkness.

Yes I will be watching the Olympics alot no I don't live in the northern hemisphere.

I actually prefer the winter Olympics over the summer Olympics.

The rampant cheating and country ePenis that goes with the summer Olympics really kinda tarnishes the original idea, I also just find the winter Olympics sports are more based on 'fun" activity's then war training.

Fear is the foundation of most governments
Five years of banning
04-Dec-2002 Starfriend Spamming
11-Dec-2007 Saint Sinner Off-Topic Post
Happy Wooden anniversary
View Public Profile Find more posts by HarleyQuinnROX Add HarleyQuinnROX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Feb-2010 at 09:09)

I used to like the Olympics ... but ever since I participated in the opening ceremonies for the 2000 Olympics, I can't watch them any more.

However, because the rest of my family loves to watch - so I'll be forced to catch glimpses of the games once and a while (and already have )
View Public Profile Visit Roxtin's homepage Find more posts by Roxtin Add Roxtin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Celtic21)
(16-Feb-2010 at 09:32)

What does it matter if you live in the US or not?

Anyways no I won't be watching simply because Ireland won't place anywhere in anything

And i prefer playing sports to watching them.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Celtic22 Add Celtic22 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Feb-2010 at 00:28)

The reason why it matters if your in the US is because it really doesnt seem the US people as a whole care abiut the olympics as much as we used to, alot of sportcasters even say that. I was wondering if that was just here or or more global...

As for me, i really wont be watching them all that much, ill watch the mens hockey, and possibly maybe like downhill skiing stuff, and luging and the other kinda crazy stuff. Figure skating and all thoose other random non extreme type sports dont really matter to me...

"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Feb-2010 at 13:03)

Re: Winter Olympics

Originally Posted by Chillin: View Post
Figure skating and all thoose other random non extreme type sports dont really matter to me...

Interesting attitude I wonder if the athletes who poor buckets of blood out of their boots after training agree with you definitions ?

I really don't care what sport is being televised if I have the time I'll watch it all.

Five years of banning
Happy Wooden anniversary
View Public Profile Find more posts by HarleyQuinnROX Add HarleyQuinnROX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Feb-2010 at 20:29)

I realize it takes hard work to be a figure skater, its just not my thing...i find it dull and not exciting in the least. Theres gunna be sacrices you need to make to be at that level in any sport basically.....

Im also quite sure they would agree with me that thier sport isnt "extreme" too(in the way i was using the word at least). I doubt well be seeing figure skating at the X Games any time soon....

"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
(Posted as Eldarad)
Donated $9.01
(19-Feb-2010 at 21:40)

I can't really get excited about the winter olympics, whereas for the summer olympics we will glorify every sport, up to and including rifle shooting...

Although there is something about curling that keeps me enthralled for hours...

You only have power over people as long as you don't take everything from them.
But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power - he is free again.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Adderla Add Adderla to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Feb-2010 at 00:59)

Originally Posted by Eldarad: View Post
I can't really get excited about the winter olympics, whereas for the summer olympics we will glorify every sport, up to and including rifle shooting...

Although there is something about curling that keeps me enthralled for hours...
I was watching tv the other day and started channel surfing - came across the curling event. At first I thought it was stupid and changed the channel ... but I came back. Watched a little more ... was confused so I changed the channel. A few min later I came back to watch curling yet again - and stayed. I have no idea wtf was going on, but it made me a zombie. I couldn't help but keep watching and watching. Yes, it was the females portion and yes, there were several fairly, to very, attractive women that enticed me to stay - but I think the curling might have played a little part in my attentive watching too (not sure though).
View Public Profile Visit Roxtin's homepage Find more posts by Roxtin Add Roxtin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Feb-2010 at 05:04)

Re: Winter Olympics

Originally Posted by Chillin: View Post
I doubt well be seeing figure skating at the X Games any time soon....
ahhh all they need to do is get ESPN or RedBull to pump millions ... billions into a dying underground sport and supply massive media coverage ...... and who knows maybe they too can be a franchise in the future.

Five years of banning
Happy Wooden anniversary