Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Who will win the Stanley Cup?
San Jose Sharks 1 11.11%
Chicago Blackhawks 4 44.44%
Philadelphia Flyers 3 33.33%
Montreal Canadiens 1 11.11%
Who voted? Voters: 9
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(15-May-2010 at 07:40)

Stanley Cup Champions

Note: If you're not into hockey, just leave the thread instead of pointing out how you dislike it.

Hopefully there are other NHL fans still here. It's an interesting final four. Seeds 1 vs 2 in the West between a team notorious for choking in the finals against the team with Marian Hossa. In the East the two teams to barely make the playoffs are going to be competing against each other. Montreal who has upset the two top contenders in the conference against Philadelphia who is the third team to ever come back from a 3-0 deficit to win a series.

I'm hoping for one of the Western teams to win the cup.

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... / ∆
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-May-2010 at 16:07)

Heheh picked my Flyers but im biased... Hell of a series.

Is this the 1st time a 7th and 8th seed made it this far?

BTW as far as the Flyers barely making the playoffs I think they did a damn good job for going thru all the goalies that have this year.

Never Forget

September 11, 2001
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invictus2001 Add Invictus2001 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $112.99
(15-May-2010 at 17:12)

I don't follow; but, Montreal can't win.

Come join me at my site. We have forums (with Mafia) and all sorts of cool things.
View Public Profile Find more posts by advocatus Add advocatus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-May-2010 at 17:49)

I'm thinking Montreal, they have been a tremendous shut down team, taking out two heavy offensive star studded teams, and I think they can keep it up. Just seems like they are willing to do whatever it takes to win, as in heroic shot blocking. I'll give flyers credit though, they are a whole new team now that Gagne decided to show up

As for the west, I predicted Chicago making it to the finals at the start of the year, and I'm still sticking with it.

Edit: Also fitting that the flyers won game 7 after coming back from a 0-3 deficit in scoring to win 4-3 :P

You can breathe in space, they just don't want you to escape

Last edited by lnopia, 15-May-2010 at 17:51.
View Public Profile Find more posts by lnopia Add lnopia to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.36
(17-May-2010 at 19:17)

I think that San Jose might have shaken off their choking tendencies. A second line that's overperforming doesn't hurt, either.

Montreal doesn't seem to be able to get through a series without being blown out at least once. Let's hope it's just once this time.

Chicago could do it, but they strike me as uninspired.

I happen to hate Bobby Clarke, so I refuse to vote for Philadelphia.

My heart says Habs, but my gut (and vote) says Sharks.

No Comment
View Public Profile Find more posts by BrandonC Add BrandonC to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-May-2010 at 04:07)

After being a dedicated Penguins fan that got my dreams for a repeat crushed by the Habs...

I'm going to go with the Sharks. Overall, I think they're finally getting the production out of their stars so that they can win it all.

Of course, they have to come back and beat the Blackhawks now after being down by 1.

I miss Runey...
Band is good! Band is great! Band is how I got a date!
War Damn Eagle!
I love Reputation! Love it! Gimme Gimme Gimme!!! Please.
View Public Profile Find more posts by StarOwl Add StarOwl to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-May-2010 at 02:22)

Im also a pens fan. Im going to have to say the hawks win it, and I woulda said that at the begging of the conference finals too...

"Hmph, you and your third dimension."
"What about it?" "Oh nothing, itís cute. We have five."
"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.36
(25-May-2010 at 02:43)

Apparently, neither my gut nor my heart know much about hockey.

No Comment
View Public Profile Find more posts by BrandonC Add BrandonC to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(26-May-2010 at 03:55)

Heartbroken that my Habs have fallen out of the playoff picture. Seems like a waste to have beaten the President's Trophy winners as well as the defending cup champs, only to lose to a team that made the playoffs very much like Montreal did. Nevertheless, I am proud of what they had accomplished-- they exceeded all expectations and showed tremendous heart.

That being said, Chicago will win the cup in 6 games. I'm hoping for a sweep but Philly is a much better team than they look.

We ought to have more hockey threads!
View Public Profile Find more posts by aC23 Add aC23 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(26-May-2010 at 23:13)

I'm leaning on Chicago too. I'd like to see Hossa win the cup finally. Players on both teams are looking pretty good right now though; I can see it going either way.

that can be fixed... / ∆
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-May-2010 at 02:33)

Re: Stanley Cup Champions

Originally Posted by Greeney: View Post
I'm leaning on Chicago too. I'd like to see Hossa win the cup finally. Players on both teams are looking pretty good right now though; I can see it going either way.
Agreed on Hossa. If he loses this year too, it will be hard to lose the "cursed" label they will be giving him (some already are!)
View Public Profile Find more posts by aC23 Add aC23 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-May-2010 at 05:49)

Even though I live in chicago (and the hawks are prob my second fav team), and i honestly believe the hawks are going to win (in either 4 or 5 games), it would be kinda funny to see Hossa get to the finals 3 years in a row with 3 different teams and lose each time...

but being a pens fan there is absolutely no way i can want the fliers to win....so lets go hawks!

"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-May-2010 at 14:15)

Originally Posted by Chillin: View Post
but being a pens fan there is absolutely no way i can want the fliers to win
That is Flyers
I think its gonna be a good series. I wonder how many people know the Flyers are 1-0 vs the blackhawks this year back when they sucked too.

Never Forget

September 11, 2001
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invictus2001 Add Invictus2001 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-May-2010 at 03:43)

Originally Posted by Invictus2001: View Post
That is Flyers
I think its gonna be a good series. I wonder how many people know the Flyers are 1-0 vs the blackhawks this year back when they sucked too.
A lot of people keep mentioning this, and I just don't get it. The regular season is irrelevant to begin with come playoff time, but even more irrelevant when only 1 game is played between teams. So what if Philly beat Chicago in 1 game of the season? The Leafs beat Detroit in the regular season too, but I don't see them being cup favorites at this point (or any point in the next 43 years, sorry Greeney )
(28-May-2010 at 04:28)

Originally Posted by aC23: View Post
A lot of people keep mentioning this, and I just don't get it. The regular season is irrelevant to begin with come playoff time, but even more irrelevant when only 1 game is played between teams. So what if Philly beat Chicago in 1 game of the season?
Meh. I think regular season is relevant, but it's in favour of Chicago for me still. Chicago has been a consistently great team all year while Philly could have been knocked out. Flyers also seem to be crap for some reason when Gagne isn't playing, so if he gets injured it'll be a huge loss for their morale. It can easily just come down to whether Niemmi or Leighton let the pressure get to them.

Quote:
The Leafs beat Detroit in the regular season too, but I don't see them being cup favorites at this point (or any point in the next 43 years, sorry Greeney )
I don't think any Canadien team has had much to brag about for the last 17 years.

that can be fixed... / ∆
(30-May-2010 at 05:07)

exciting game.. i think it would have been better if the ice wasnt so shitty but fun to watch anyway.

Never Forget

September 11, 2001
(31-May-2010 at 22:26)

Game 1 was very exciting indeed. I don't expect that many goals in Game 2 however, as both teams will tighten up defensively. I'm glad Leighton is being exposed for what he is...a waiver pickup!
(01-Jun-2010 at 09:27)

Hawks roll again...might be a sweep....

"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
(01-Jun-2010 at 13:17)

You get that from two 1 goal games?
Impressive

First game both goalies sucked donkey balls. Last nights game I had to work but I heard it was also a good game.

ESPN said game one was the highest rated game 1 in 11 years.
Wednesday game Ill miss too due to work

Never Forget

September 11, 2001
(01-Jun-2010 at 18:39)

I wouldn't count Flyers out unless Chicago wins 4.

that can be fixed... / ∆