Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Suggestions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(17-Oct-2008 at 05:07)

Honor for Dragonslayers

I would like to suggest an honor bonus for sending armies to fight Dragon. As simple as 1 honor for every 40 points taken from Dragon.
View Public Profile Find more posts by dioon Add dioon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Oct-2008 at 05:17)

Re: Honor for Dragonslayers

Originally Posted by dioon: View Post
I would like to suggest an honor bonus for sending armies to fight Dragon. As simple as 1 honor for every 40 points taken from Dragon.
You'd have a rough time from keeping people from going into wars strictly to honor whore by fighting dragons.

Also, your numbers are a little high, even with a 100,000 point dragon (i believe that is low) you would recieve 2500 honor from that. I can easily see kingdoms being in war all age just to fight dragons. Yes, i know about honor loss in wars, but it wouldn't be enough.

Time passes, people move. Like a river's flow, it never ends.
A childish mind will turn to noble ambition. Young love will become deep affection.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Felix Zalitz Add Felix Zalitz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Oct-2008 at 11:06)

Yeah, that would suck. Kingdoms that war constantly. ROFL

Maybe my numbers are a smidgeon high, but I din't think so.
View Public Profile Find more posts by dioon Add dioon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Oct-2008 at 06:26)

Banks + Homes = dragon whoring session.
your idea dont work really.

Signature suspended by Starfriend for violating the forum's rules.
Signature height exceeded the allowed 60 pixels.
Starfriend's advertising but he didnt pay
View Public Profile Find more posts by Narth Add Narth to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Oct-2008 at 09:38)

A new title would be a better idea ....

IE after killing a set amount of dragons in one age you receive the title Lord/Lady DragonSlayer (province name ) for the remainder of that age.

Giving honor is way too abusable.

Fear is the foundation of most governments
Five years of banning
04-Dec-2002 Starfriend Spamming
11-Dec-2007 Saint Sinner Off-Topic Post
Happy Wooden anniversary
View Public Profile Find more posts by HarleyQuinnROX Add HarleyQuinnROX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(20-Oct-2008 at 08:22)

Originally Posted by HarleyQuinnROX: View Post
A new title would be a better idea ....

IE after killing a set amount of dragons in one age you receive the title Lord/Lady DragonSlayer (province name ) for the remainder of that age.

Giving honor is way too abusable.
This isnt a bad idea at all

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old VaX It's a boy!
(20-Oct-2008 at 21:32)
I think giving honor to those who do damage large portions of dragons would be fair. During times of war sometimes people have to sacrifice themselves to take out a dragon quickly enough.

And its not as though a kingdom can just plan to have dragonslayers, it would still depend on the opposing kingdom. So this would make you look at the kingdom to decide if you want to send a dragon.

But I think the honor should be a lot smaller. It shouldn't be anything that jumps you up that much, maybe only 1 honor point for every 100 points from the dragon. Maybe somewhere in between. But I think it should just be enough to add on to your honor, not another way to provide honor hunters more power.

Regardless of if we are right or wrong, history will form its own opinions.

If your not willing to die for democracy then you shouldn't be allowed to enjoy it.
View Public Profile Find more posts by VaX Add VaX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Oct-2008 at 00:22)

Originally Posted by VaX: View Post
I think giving honor to those who do damage large portions of dragons would be fair. During times of war sometimes people have to sacrifice themselves to take out a dragon quickly enough.

Fake war with friend Kingdom pump one province with butt load of soldiers kill dragon get shit loads of honor rinse and repeat win honor crown .....

Giving honor points for killing a non damaging honor farm that can be created on whim with fresh honor is stupid !

Fear is the foundation of most governments
Five years of banning
04-Dec-2002 Starfriend Spamming
11-Dec-2007 Saint Sinner Off-Topic Post
Happy Wooden anniversary
View Public Profile Find more posts by HarleyQuinnROX Add HarleyQuinnROX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Nov-2008 at 22:53)

Originally Posted by VaX: View Post

And its not as though a kingdom can just plan to have dragonslayers, it would still depend on the opposing kingdom. So this would make you look at the kingdom to decide if you want to send a dragon.

But I think the honor should be a lot smaller. It shouldn't be anything that jumps you up that much, maybe only 1 honor point for every 100 points from the dragon. Maybe somewhere in between. But I think it should just be enough to add on to your honor, not another way to provide honor hunters more power.
I did that, took away 40000 points from dragon , but i only had 20k def left....
View Public Profile Find more posts by Fanatic39 Add Fanatic39 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Jan-2009 at 18:39)

Originally Posted by Fanatic39: View Post
I did that, took away 40000 points from dragon , but i only had 20k def left....
I think it's a great idea, and as is shown a prov nearly destroys itself to take out a dragon but the honor gain should be carefully determined so it's not abused.
View Public Profile Find more posts by dirtedawg1 Add dirtedawg1 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-Feb-2009 at 06:08)
gold - a set amount for every dragon point????

Anon, Elvensryche, Utopheous, Elvensdead, Elvensryche - maybe finish up anon again......
View Public Profile Find more posts by Elvensryche Add Elvensryche to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Mar-2009 at 22:21)

Or a kd sending a Dragon would lose 1% of their current honor/ or pool, while the kd that slain it will get that 1% of their current honor/ or pool. =)

Maybe kd gain spec credit .... instead of honor/ or pool.

O_D Kwon Boa O_D
Elder of The Black Horde
"...a song for you ... a song for lover..."
~Kwon Boa~
View Public Profile Find more posts by Kwon Boa Add Kwon Boa to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Mar-2009 at 18:36)
now that'd be an interstin way of doing it with the honor costs added........and the entire kingdom benefitting

But then others could push dragons to kingdoms soley for the honor gains.......and then we have the circle again.....

plus any singular provincial gains could lead to a province breaking ranks at a critical time to grab the benefits of slaying it........

Anon, Elvensryche, Utopheous, Elvensdead, Elvensryche - maybe finish up anon again......
View Public Profile Find more posts by Elvensryche Add Elvensryche to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-May-2009 at 19:18)

Originally Posted by dioon: View Post

instead of honor, have a system that gives you bonuses for the rest of war if you deal significant damage to dragon... like def/att bonuses, or money bonus
(like your people are proud because they hurt Drag..)

Last edited by Fanatic39, 02-May-2009 at 19:19.
Edit reason: forgot the end bracket. lol
View Public Profile Find more posts by Fanatic39 Add Fanatic39 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-May-2009 at 01:21)

Originally Posted by Kwon Boa: View Post
Or a kd sending a Dragon would lose 1% of their current honor/ or pool, while the kd that slain it will get that 1% of their current honor/ or pool. =)

Maybe kd gain spec credit .... instead of honor/ or pool.

This idea I like. But i say the dragon must be slayed during the war. If you slay your dragon during the war, you get the other kingdoms honor. This will bring another factor into a kings decision in a CF or just admit defeat. SHould they stay into war just and get bounded by the opposing team just to get the honor points or should they just end the war in defeat and save themselves and focus on the dragon afterwards but without getting the honor reward.

I would also like to see a dragon slaying count for the age. Similar to the war and war wins count, have a dragon slaying count added (only slayings during war), would be interesting to see how many dragons the kingdom slayed during war before you actually send one. Makes you think twice about sending one if you see that the kingdom slays them on a regular basis.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Cani Add Cani to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Jun-2009 at 06:01)
Don't like the idea of honor from slaying dragons, would be far too easy to gain honor for the kingdom with an allocated dragon slayer with specific strat for the sole purpose of slaying dragons. I can already think of a strat that would work effectively to do that. (won't reveal just in case this is ever implemented)

I do like the idea of a dragon slay count though. Maybe even a dragon slayer personality? Could give a few bonus' to make dragon slaying slightly easier, such as higher max pop, faster draft rate, higher defence, with maybe having the negative side as lower magic efficiency? Maybe instead of higher defence you have to cast a self spell that makes your defence temporarily stronger that can only be cast when your kingdom has a dragon. (so u don't get the benefit of a higher defence for other purposes oow or when no dragon)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lady Massacre Add Lady Massacre to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Jun-2009 at 13:38)

how bout honor points gained when you SLAY the dragon?

say like 500 points

"Respect the one who defends his land with bravery, but honor the price he pays to fulfill his duty."
-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
PyroManiaC | [email protected] | SC2 BattleNet: DonJuan5420
View Public Profile Visit xX DonJuan Xx's homepage Find more posts by xX DonJuan Xx Add xX DonJuan Xx to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(26-Jun-2009 at 21:14)

Originally Posted by xX DonJuan Xx: View Post
how bout honor points gained when you SLAY the dragon?

say like 500 points

like other people have said, a dragonslayer for the KD could just kill dragons from friends, and some of them could be nearly princes after a while...
Donated $1.76
(07-Aug-2009 at 16:16)

Originally Posted by Fanatic39: View Post
like other people have said, a dragonslayer for the KD could just kill dragons from friends, and some of them could be nearly princes after a while...
exactly....
also dragon killing is something a kd needs to do together, not like the person that kills it should get the honour...
then in weak kd's people wouldnt attack dragon at all, just wait for it to be near dead which it wont be then...

could be fun to add some other recourses though, for feeding the dragon..

i myself am thinking of food, since food is really one of the least important recourses atm (u suffer a lot when u have none, but its fairly easy to keep a positive net change, and if people try to starve you, very ofter your kd can help you out easily with spare food)

so still would need the same amount of gold, but also some food (like 10% of the amount of gold or something, so 10M gold 1M food)

could also be fun that if you feed the dragon mili units, it will decrease opponents mili (more), if you feed wizards, would affect their magic (more), but balancing the numbers here would be hard i think, not really a serious idea, but fun to think of

-S---M---O---K---E-
---W---E---E---D---
-E---V---E---R---Y---
-----D---A---Y-------
View Public Profile Find more posts by Utopian Devil Add Utopian Devil to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Aug-2009 at 14:56)

Originally Posted by Utopian Devil: View Post
exactly....
also dragon killing is something a kd needs to do together, not like the person that kills it should get the honour...
then in weak kd's people wouldnt attack dragon at all, just wait for it to be near dead which it wont be then...

could be fun to add some other recourses though, for feeding the dragon..

i myself am thinking of food, since food is really one of the least important recourses atm (u suffer a lot when u have none, but its fairly easy to keep a positive net change, and if people try to starve you, very ofter your kd can help you out easily with spare food)

so still would need the same amount of gold, but also some food (like 10% of the amount of gold or something, so 10M gold 1M food)

could also be fun that if you feed the dragon mili units, it will decrease opponents mili (more), if you feed wizards, would affect their magic (more), but balancing the numbers here would be hard i think, not really a serious idea, but fun to think of
have a system where if EVERYONE contributes an amount, (% of the drag) they ALL get some sort of bonus
(for drag AND teamwork, lol)