Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Suggestions

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
  Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Posts: 29/93
(07-Nov-2008 at 21:43)
making new races

I'm not against making new races, in fact I love reading new ones. I'm just making this so people making races can see a list of advan/disadvan that could be useful, and no "they eat warhorses" stuff they saw in the Dark Elf races ages ago...

this list wasn't made by me, by Ravens Keep, in this thread http://forums.utopiatemple.com/showt...t=49103&page=3

Buildings:
-% Construction Time
-% Construction Cost
+% Building Effectiveness
Homes hold 35 people
Immune to Enemy Forts

Military:
+% Military Losses / -% Military Losses
+% Military Costs / -% Military Costs
-% Training Time / +% Training Time
-% Attack Time / + Attack Time
-% Military Maintenance / +% MM
+% Enemy Losses /
+% Combat Gains / -& CG
+% Combat Losses / -% CL

Cannot use Mercenaries
$? Elite Maintenance
Immune to Ambush Attack
Cannot Use War Horses
No Offensive Combat Losses
Spreads The Plague
Strong Massacre Attack
-1 General /
WAR: +10% Military Strength
OUT OF WAR: -10% Attack Gains

General:
+% Income / -% Income
+% Science Maximum / -% Science Maximum
+% Max Population / -% Max Population
+% Food Consumption /-%
+% Birth Rate /-%
-% Exploration Costs /+%
No Food Needed
Immune to The Plague

Magic:
+% Magic Effectiveness / -% Magic Effectiveness
+% Spell Costs /-%
+% Failure on Spells /-%
Cast Self Spells on Kingdom Members
Access to All Spells

Thievery:
+% Thievery Effectiveness / -% Thievery Effectiveness
$??? Thieves
only basic spy-related thievery operations

Special:
+10% Offense vs. Orcs

END

add things to this list so that people making new races have a base to build on

as for me: for the magic: (pros) +15% spells are reflected or absorbed, or deflected (the absorbed thing meaning bonuses come to them, like if someone casts drought and this happens : for no apparant reason a drought was instantly converted into an unexpected early springtime. more food production!! (like +5 % or something))
theivery: elites can be used as theives, 1/2 losses (again, someone elses idea)
military: + 10-15% offensive military eff or def
or, as con (military) - offen/defen military eff (10-15%)
an extremly horrible con would be: no aid. ever.


The race i made earlier, before i found that list:

Dracolisks

Related to Dragons, they have natural magic resilience and have tough troops. Their wings allow for quicker attack times and their size means they need less people to run buildings (not sure what this will be) but need more food and have less population due to their size. Their size also make them easy to catch while trying to thieve, and since they fly, they cannot use war horses.
Elite: Draconas 7/5 $1100 (around)
Def Spec: Wyvern
Off Spec: Basilisk
Pros
+15% magic ops fail (against them)
-15% attack time
+10% offensive military effectiveness
Cons
-15% thievery effectiveness
+25% more food needed
- 10% total population
No warhorses.
any advice or criticism is welcome

It's supposed to be pure attacker, can defend against mages more, very quick

(this thread https://forums.utopiatemple.com/showthread.php?t=76737 )

Last edited by Fanatic39, 07-Nov-2008 at 21:52.
#1  
View Public Profile Find more posts by Fanatic39 Add Fanatic39 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Posts: 30/93
(07-Nov-2008 at 22:30)
Re: making new races

heres that dark elf race by the way
https://forums.utopiatemple.com/showthread.php?t=52391
#2  
View Public Profile Find more posts by Fanatic39 Add Fanatic39 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Posts: 270/293
(07-Nov-2008 at 23:06)


nooooooooooo why did they close what was one of THE funniest posts EVER!!!!

if our labourers party is called Labour, the most conserivtive party are called Conserivitives, and the liberal party called the Liberal Domocrats why aren't the BNP called the English Racist Party.
#3  
View Public Profile Visit marli's homepage Find more posts by marli Add marli to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Posts: 31/93
(07-Nov-2008 at 23:15)
Re: making new races

Originally Posted by marli: View Post
nooooooooooo why did they close what was one of THE funniest posts EVER!!!!
yeah had me rolling lol

please post some ideas on the race pro/con list
#4  
View Public Profile Find more posts by Fanatic39 Add Fanatic39 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Posts: 271/293
(08-Nov-2008 at 00:35)


-+ effecttivness vs dragons
-+ thief losses
-+ offensive magic effectiveness
-+ defensive magic effectness
-+ offensive thivery effectivness
-+ defensive thievery effectivness
%of buldings burned when ops are done
-+ mages losses during magic(if you fail a spell you lose more mages)
lose mages even if spells succed.
-+ thief losses during ops
% of aid alway lost.

you forgot

bonas gains/effectivness vs a certain race
bonus gains/effectivness vs certain class
-+ enemy losses when attacked

if our labourers party is called Labour, the most conserivtive party are called Conserivitives, and the liberal party called the Liberal Domocrats why aren't the BNP called the English Racist Party.
#5  
View Public Profile Visit marli's homepage Find more posts by marli Add marli to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Posts: 32/93
(08-Nov-2008 at 12:25)
Re: making new races

Originally Posted by marli: View Post
-+ effecttivness vs dragons
-+ thief losses
-+ offensive magic effectiveness
-+ defensive magic effectness
-+ offensive thivery effectivness
-+ defensive thievery effectivness
%of buldings burned when ops are done
-+ mages losses during magic(if you fail a spell you lose more mages)
lose mages even if spells succed.
-+ thief losses during ops
% of aid alway lost.

you forgot

bonas gains/effectivness vs a certain race
bonus gains/effectivness vs certain class
-+ enemy losses when attacked
ok thanks, so:


Buildings:
-% Construction Time
-% Construction Cost
+% Building Effectiveness
Homes hold 35 people
Immune to Enemy Forts

Military:
+% Military Losses / -% Military Losses
+% Military Costs / -% Military Costs
-% Training Time / +% Training Time
-% Attack Time / + Attack Time
-% Military Maintenance / +% MM
+% Enemy Losses / - % Enemy Losses
+% Combat Gains / -& CG
+% Combat Losses / -% CL
+ 10-15% offensive military eff or def
-+ enemy losses when attacked

Cannot use Mercenaries
$? Elite Maintenance
Immune to Ambush Attack
Cannot Use War Horses
No Offensive Combat Losses
Spreads The Plague
Strong Massacre Attack
-1 General /
WAR: +10% Military Strength
OUT OF WAR: -10% Attack Gains

General:
+% Income / -% Income
+% Science Maximum / -% Science Maximum
+% Max Population / -% Max Population
+% Food Consumption /-%
+% Birth Rate /-%
-% Exploration Costs /+%
No Food Needed
Immune to The Plague
% of aid lost.

Magic:
+% Magic Effectiveness / -% Magic Effectiveness
+% Spell Costs /-%
+% Failure on Spells /-%
Cast Self Spells on Kingdom Members
Access to All Spells
-+ offensive magic eff
-+ defensive magic eff
-+ mages losses during magic(if you fail a spell you lose more mages)
lose mages even if spells succeed.


Thievery:
+% Thievery Effectiveness / -% Thievery Effectiveness
$??? Thieves
only basic spy-related thievery operations
-+ thief losses
-+ offensive thivery eff
-+ defensive thievery eff
elites can be used as theives, 1/2 losses

Dragons:-+ eff vs dragons
-+ losses from dragons
immune to dragons


Special:
+10% Offense vs. Orcs
bonus gains/eff vs a certain race
bonus gains/eff vs certain class
- gains/eff vs certain race/class



remember keep adding to it please!
#6  
View Public Profile Find more posts by Fanatic39 Add Fanatic39 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Posts: 44/93
(23-Apr-2009 at 22:05)
Re: making new races

Originally Posted by Fanatic39: View Post
ok thanks, so:


Buildings:
-% Construction Time
-% Construction Cost
+% Building Effectiveness
Homes hold 35 people
Immune to Enemy Forts

Military:
+% Military Losses / -% Military Losses
+% Military Costs / -% Military Costs
-% Training Time / +% Training Time
-% Attack Time / + Attack Time
-% Military Maintenance / +% MM
+% Enemy Losses / - % Enemy Losses
+% Combat Gains / -& CG
+% Combat Losses / -% CL
+ 10-15% offensive military eff or def
-+ enemy losses when attacked

Cannot use Mercenaries
$? Elite Maintenance
Immune to Ambush Attack
Cannot Use War Horses
No Offensive Combat Losses
Spreads The Plague
Strong Massacre Attack
-1 General /
WAR: +10% Military Strength
OUT OF WAR: -10% Attack Gains

General:
+% Income / -% Income
+% Science Maximum / -% Science Maximum
+% Max Population / -% Max Population
+% Food Consumption /-%
+% Birth Rate /-%
-% Exploration Costs /+%
No Food Needed
Immune to The Plague
% of aid lost.

Magic:
+% Magic Effectiveness / -% Magic Effectiveness
+% Spell Costs /-%
+% Failure on Spells /-%
Cast Self Spells on Kingdom Members
Access to All Spells
-+ offensive magic eff
-+ defensive magic eff
-+ mages losses during magic(if you fail a spell you lose more mages)
lose mages even if spells succeed.


Thievery:
+% Thievery Effectiveness / -% Thievery Effectiveness
$??? Thieves
only basic spy-related thievery operations
-+ thief losses
-+ offensive thivery eff
-+ defensive thievery eff
elites can be used as theives, 1/2 losses

Dragons:-+ eff vs dragons
-+ losses from dragons
immune to dragons


Special:
+10% Offense vs. Orcs
bonus gains/eff vs a certain race
bonus gains/eff vs certain class
- gains/eff vs certain race/class



remember keep adding to it please!

Buildings:
-%/+% Construction Time
-%/+% Construction Cost
+%/-% Building Effectiveness
Homes hold 35 people (etc etc)
Immune to Enemy Forts (other buildings, cannot build, they are more eff.. )(etc etc)

Military:
+% Military Losses / -% Military Losses
+% Military Costs / -% Military Costs
-% Training Time / +% Training Time
-% Attack Time / + Attack Time
-% Military Maintenance / +% MM
+% Enemy Losses / - % Enemy Losses
+% Combat Gains / -& CG
+% Combat Losses / -% CL
+ 10-15% offensive military eff or def (etc etc)
-+ enemy losses when attacked/attacking

Cannot use Mercenaries / mervenaries free/ cheaper/ more expensive
$? Elite Maintenance
Immune to Ambush Attack
Cannot Use War Horses
No Offensive Combat Losses (etc etc) (losses, -% +%)
Strong Massacre Attack (etc etc)
-1 General / (etc etc)
WAR: +10% Military Strength (etc etc)
OUT OF WAR: -10% Attack Gains (etc etc)

General:
+% Income / -% Income
+% Science Maximum / -% Science Maximum
-%/+% Sci learning rate
+% Max Population / -% Max Population
+% Food Consumption /-%
+% Birth Rate /-%
-% Exploration Costs /+%
No Food Needed / food penalty/advantage (such as not needing as much food, or needing more that normal)
Immune to The Plague (spreads)
% of aid lost/gained.

Magic:
+% Magic Effectiveness / -% Magic Effectiveness
+% Spell Costs /-%
+% Failure on Spells /-%
Cast Self Spells on Kingdom Members
Access to All Spells
-+ offensive magic eff
-+ defensive magic eff
-+ mages losses during magic(if you fail a spell you lose more mages)
lose mages even if spells succeed.


Thievery:
+% Thievery Effectiveness / -% Thievery Effectiveness
$??? Thieves
only basic spy-related thievery operations
-+ thief losses
-+ offensive thivery eff
-+ defensive thievery eff
elites can be used as theives, 1/2 losses (diffrent losses etc)

Dragons:-+ eff vs dragons
-+ losses from dragons
immune to dragons


Special:
+10% Offense vs. Orcs
bonus gains/eff vs a certain race
bonus gains/eff vs certain class
- gains/eff vs certain race/class
#7  
View Public Profile Find more posts by Fanatic39 Add Fanatic39 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
  Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump:

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
None Noob Review Of Races. anddylanrew Utopia Discussions 40 11-Sep-2003 06:29
Overview Of Races This Age locust Utopia Discussions 21 09-Sep-2003 15:27
Old Races vs New Races Dave2002 Utopia Suggestions 19 07-Aug-2003 09:25
Changing Races in Utopia Sesko Utopia Discussions 14 03-Nov-2002 02:36
Rob's Super Analysis of Attacking Races Rob NH Utopia Discussions 15 23-Oct-2002 09:39


All times are GMT+1. The time now is 20:44.

Powered by vBulletin (modified)
Copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.