Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Suggestions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(16-Feb-2009 at 00:51)
Page as VP

would it be possible to give the page a few powers, but no bennifits?
A few times the monarch goes AWOL and someone else needs to pick up and redoing voting doesn't always work.

I have asked for CFs as page thru messages while kingy was gone for a few days but couldn't ask formally. Also could have withdrawn earlier or hit button.

King gets benifits because he is supposed to be able to log in a lot and some times wake in the middle of the night. This is supposed to be fun though.
View Public Profile Find more posts by IGee88 Add IGee88 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Eldarad)
Donated $9.01
(17-Feb-2009 at 19:47)

But revoting for someone else to be monarch does work - the person with the majority of votes becomes the monarch...

You only have power over people as long as you don't take everything from them.
But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power - he is free again.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Adderla Add Adderla to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Feb-2009 at 20:23)

Re: Page as VP

Originally Posted by Eldarad: View Post
But revoting for someone else to be monarch does work - the person with the majority of votes becomes the monarch...
Yup, the smart thing to do is split votes between Monarch and 2iC up, for example, thirteen:twelve or fourteen:eleven (unless you're a high enough honour kingdom). Then if you, as the 2iC, leave your vote on the proper Monarch most of the time; you could just move your own vote (and maybe one other person's) on yourself, for a few minutes, when you need the Monarch's options.

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... / ∆
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as pxpxpunx)
(01-Mar-2009 at 04:01)

i kind of like this idea, maybe if king goes inactive for 48hrs the Page, or 'VP' becomes king? I would use Prince, and Princess rather than VP

Dont be too open minded, your brains will fall out.
dyslexics have more fnu.
when your not looking, my post is in spanish.
View Public Profile Find more posts by keno px Add keno px to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Mar-2009 at 19:11)

Originally Posted by Eldarad: View Post
It's really not as easy as you say it is. Not every kingdom is active enough or cares enough to revote when the monarch is inactive. Could takes days to revote.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Acadian9 Add Acadian9 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Eldarad)
Donated $9.01
(25-Mar-2009 at 22:21)

I realise that. But even a ghetto can manage to switch one or two pivotal votes in order to switch monarchs as needed.

And if they can't, then I don't see how giving the page the powers of the monarch is going to help them that much.

You only have power over people as long as you don't take everything from them.
But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power - he is free again.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Adderla Add Adderla to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Apr-2009 at 01:27)
You could just have a system that lets the KD provinces vote for a vice-monarch. Just like voting for a King/Queen, but the vice monarch gets no bonuses, but if monarch is inactive for a period of time, vice monarch could take over. Then, when the monarch logs in, the monarch's powers are stripped from the vice monarch
- so basically the vice monarch IS the page.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Fanatic39 Add Fanatic39 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Apr-2009 at 03:33)

Originally Posted by Greeney: View Post
Yup, the smart thing to do is split votes between Monarch and 2iC up, for example, thirteen:twelve or fourteen:eleven (unless you're a high enough honour kingdom). Then if you, as the 2iC, leave your vote on the proper Monarch most of the time; you could just move your own vote (and maybe one other person's) on yourself, for a few minutes, when you need the Monarch's options.
That ONLY works in real active kds. In inactive kds, is when someone goes inactive, votes disappear.. Happened to me when I was monarch in a kd that had a lot of inactives.. Kept loosing monarchy. I knew that they had voted, saw they had voted.. They went inactive, checked again and no vote

Long Live the Apocalypse Alliance

Long live Visions of Fianna!
View Public Profile Visit Wiley DAAwg's homepage Find more posts by Wiley DAAwg Add Wiley DAAwg to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-May-2009 at 01:43)
I think we need an official Vice-monarch Position. I believe there is a huge need for it.
View Public Profile Find more posts by raiman Add raiman to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-May-2009 at 01:27)

Originally Posted by IGee88: View Post
would it be possible to give the page a few powers, but no bennifits?
A few times the monarch goes AWOL and someone else needs to pick up and redoing voting doesn't always work.

I have asked for CFs as page thru messages while kingy was gone for a few days but couldn't ask formally. Also could have withdrawn earlier or hit button.

King gets benifits because he is supposed to be able to log in a lot and some times wake in the middle of the night. This is supposed to be fun though.
I dont like it. If the king goes awol then he should not be king. Do what most kingdoms do, split the votes between 2 people. That way if the king goes it only takes a vote from 1 province to switch the king. Dont all the other kingdoms do this?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Cani Add Cani to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-May-2009 at 06:10)

To be completely honest all that would do is make the game more noob freindly. If your KD is so noob that you cant switch to another King in a matter of a hour or 2 at the max, you need to learn to play better. No have the game made easier for you...

"Hmph, you and your third dimension."
"What about it?" "Oh nothing, itís cute. We have five."
"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote