Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Suggestions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(02-Apr-2012 at 22:40)
UtoMobby - Utopia app for Android

I’ve been toying with an Utopia application for Android. This is the first build. So far it formats and displays all the intel pages. It is by no means fantastic, but it is a start. I will be adding new features as rl allows it.

To get started enter username and password on the config page and press 'apply'. Refresh rate defines how old the intel can be before it is updated. It is defined in minutes. 0 = always load fresh intel.

Known bugs:
News is not displayed correctly.

Last edited by Saint Sinner, 14-Apr-2012 at 23:35.
Edit reason: removed url
View Public Profile Find more posts by MrJT Add MrJT to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Apr-2012 at 08:05)
Ive gotten feedback that the app crashes on Android 2.3.4, looking into it.

Other then Emulated tests, I have verified that it runs on Android 4.0.3
View Public Profile Find more posts by MrJT Add MrJT to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Apr-2012 at 22:29)
Added support for casting self spells. A couple of glitches left...

Last edited by Saint Sinner, 14-Apr-2012 at 23:36.
(04-Apr-2012 at 01:02)
Password box now correctly displays '*'.
'Apply' on the Configuration page returns you the the main menu.
News and Magic pages are now able to scroll as they are supposed to.

(12-Apr-2012 at 21:39)
Re-did the initial menu system, moved intel pages to a sub menu.
Fixed a bug that was causing some spells not to show correctly.

Added Science and a science planner. One the Science planner you can assign ratio or BPA goals for your science. Once that is done, pressing 'assign from planner' button will assign books acording to your plan. Items assigned as BPA will be handled first. Meaning that if you set food to 50BPA and ratio for the rest. The planner will continue to assign points to food until the 50BPA is meet. If more then one item are set to BPA books are first added to the item missing the least to hit BPA goal.

After BPA items, ratio items will share aditional books. Ratio is calculated not only for free books, but for known and in progress too. So given enough books, ratios will fit the plan. Ratio items are processed opposit of BPA items. So the item missing the moste books to match its ratio will get assigned books first.

Hmm, cant remember what else I did... if anyone has any problems. Feel free to post them here.

If you are unable to get the app to work. My guess is that username and password are incorrect. Enter then on the config page befor doing anything else.

(12-Apr-2012 at 21:58)

Question is, is this legal, will it get provinces deleted or hack your information?

----------------------------------------
})i({~flutterby~ })i({

Alliance Rankings Administration
irc.Utonet.org #alliancerankings
View Public Profile Visit mdmflutterby's homepage Find more posts by mdmflutterby Add mdmflutterby to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Apr-2012 at 22:22)
It wont get your account hacked. It emulates surfing webpages, so I doubt it will get you deleted.

The rules are a bit unclear. To my knowledge noone has got in trouble for using it.
(12-Apr-2012 at 23:00)

Talked to Bishop..

[##:##:35] <flutterby> I just wanted you to see it in the event that it was illegal.
[##:##:44] <Bishop|afk> oh ya, it is
[##:##:50] <Bishop|afk> it interacts with teh server
[##:##:00] <Bishop|afk> potentially anyone using it for any reason can be deleted

})i({~flutterby~ })i({

View Public Profile Visit mdmflutterby's homepage Find more posts by mdmflutterby Add mdmflutterby to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Apr-2012 at 23:40)
So once Utopia makes a mobile app, we have the option of a legal client. Till then, its this or the horror of mobile browsing...
(13-Apr-2012 at 00:37)

I'd rather the horror of what it is, than the horror of deleted provinces.

})i({~flutterby~ })i({

(13-Apr-2012 at 12:57)
If Bishop says is illegal, then it is. No doubt about it.

As for getting deleted, that might be somewhat more of a gray area. The app does not do anything a user with a browser doesn’t do. It processes html pages just like a browser, but displays them in a different way, that is more suited to clients with a small screen. That is it, it does not communicate differently with the web server. It is created to give a better interface than mobile browsing.

The goal of this is not to cheat. I do not in any way, shape or form encourage cheating. My application enables the user to do exactly the same things as the website does. I aim to make it fast, efficient and convenient. Make tools within it to avoid the need for 3rd part applications like as building planners, attack calculators and such. There is no automation in the application. Everything done is by the users push of a button.

There have been several posts both here, and on the official Uto forums about an application for mobiles. There is definitely a demand for it. I believe that Utopia will benefit from being easily accessed by mobile units. Easy access is a good thing.

This is a small project I kill time with. Use it if you wish, at your own
discretion.
(13-Apr-2012 at 22:31)
Re-wrote news page. There were some events that were not detected, that should be solved. Also, news is sorted correctly by date and prov/kd pages are now correctly joined. News is loaded from current date and past day.

Working on the Military page for training troops. Adding a planner like the Science one.

Stay tuned!

Last edited by MrJT, 13-Apr-2012 at 22:35.
(13-Apr-2012 at 23:48)
Spell detection corrections and other minor fixes.

Enjoy.

Last edited by Saint Sinner, 14-Apr-2012 at 23:37.
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(14-Apr-2012 at 23:39)

Since this app has been deemed illegal I have removed the links and will have to ask that they not be re-posted until such a time that the restriction on it has been lifted.
Thank you.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote