Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Alliances Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(23-Jun-2003 at 05:02)
Taure en'Arvandor (TA) -- merged

Quote:
And it came to pass as history became legend and legend became myth, that the Lady Galadriel did commission the creation of an Alliance for Utopia. For of all the beings the Elves were known as the wisest and fairest. In that spirit she did give the charge of encouraging those qualities in Utopia. The result of her charge was the birth of Taure en'Arvandor. Taure is Elvish for Forest and Arvandor is Heaven. Forest in Heaven. TA is her tag.

Hello, my name is Thalius. I have the honor of being the King of Taure en'Arvandor. I have served in leadership in two of the leading alliances in Utopia since I first arrived here in round 4. The game has changed a lot since that time as have the concepts of what is fair and what is right. In round 5 a kingdom member who sat on its high Council invited me into his alliance. He indicated that her main function was to protect her members from gangbanging. There were multi’s and, then, as now, there were many mean spirited people playing. Some are multi’s but probably many more named such are just close friends who are like minded and in the same computer lab or close on the same Instant Messenger.

I am much older then most of you so my points of reference are a generation or 4 older then you. In my younger days Frank Sinatra sang a song with the lyric, “Some people get their kicks, stepping on a dream.” And the refrain, “That’s life...” It is as true now as it was then. These forums are filled with mean spirited, fearful and spiteful posts criticizing you or me or our parentage or their own. These same unhappy people choose your province for their ops and urge their friends to help them, “step on your dream.” Many of my good friends who post unpleasant things here were disappointed in their love for an alliance and just can’t move on. I trust they will, perhaps only when their new love is equal, to them, with their old love or better.

This is not the cure for cancer or the answer to world peace. It is just a game and in spite of the many unkind things said about him, Mehul Patel has created a diversion that many of us have devoted many hours a week for several years to enjoying. In spite of the comments of many of the nay sayers here most of us, in these particular threads, have found that belonging to an alliance adds a new and enjoyable dimension to our Utopia play. My ICQ contact list is full and mostly with friends I have made in alliances, not only the ones I have been privileged to be in but also many others. Most of the people I know and like online are in or have belonged to one or more of the fine organizations that complement our Utopia experience.

I am privileged to count amongst my friends and daily contacts many leaders of the best alliances in Utopia. Today, one of them told me in a sarcastic manner, “Yes, a new alliance, that is just what we need.” Of course it is not. So why start a new one? This is a game, we play the game for fun, to win and to make friends. Some of us also play to increase our commitment to fair play and brotherhood. I have been the best man in several weddings here but now I am the groom. I have my own values and hopes to bring to the guidance of a new alliance and many like minded friends who are joining me.

This is not just an announcement that we are now in business but an invitation to individuals and kingdoms to join us. We expect a notable presence on all three servers and, with your help, that goal will be our result. Are we a breed apart? No, but we do have values we care about. Our most notable qualities, I trust, are a commitment to and expectation of fair play and a commitment to each other. I have urged none of my friends to leave their current alliances and will not do that with this post but if you are not in an alliance or are already giving serious consideration I invite your investigation of us.

Our goal is to be committed to fair play, the giving and receiving of it and to making each member feel his membership is a valuable asset not to be lightly taken or disrespected. But for you, why do we even need to exist?

If fair play and a commitment to the value that you have and bring are of interest to you, check us out. We also have a LotR’s Elvish theme. LotR scholars and Elvish linguist are encouraged to join us for some light role play, too.

One other slight variation for us, then for most new alliances, are not only my own personal values and experience in alliance leadership but my relationships and how they impact us. I have many friends in leading positions in Utopia and some have offered us some truly unique support and encouragement. We are truly hitting the ground running and I want to express my gratitude to those who are helping to insure our success.

If you believe as we do, please contact me on ICQ at 23386939 or by email, [email protected]. We are at http://www.taure.net and should have a webpage up soon.

Good Luck and Good Gaming to You.

LL Taure en'Arvandor

Thalius
Aran, Taure en'Arvandor

"Sweet water and light laughter till next we meet, my friends."

Last edited by Starfriend, 01-Jul-2005 at 11:56.
Edit reason: updated by request, and yes I'm quite bored so it's quite alright to ask such a thing :)
View Public Profile Visit Thalius's homepage Find more posts by Thalius Add Thalius to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Thunder NH)
(23-Jun-2003 at 07:16)

nice to see you posting thalius. good luck on this

x-NI Senator
x-SOV. NH
Heru en'Arvandor (Lord of Heaven)
Taure en'Arvandor [TA]
View Public Profile Find more posts by Thunder TA Add Thunder TA to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Jun-2003 at 07:22)
good luck thalius

finally you announce it publicy.

what should i put for a sig...?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Yuffie Add Yuffie to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Jun-2003 at 07:41)
A new alliance, this time created by someone famous. What can we expect of this ToT and what kind of support and people do you have?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Event Horizon Add Event Horizon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Jun-2003 at 08:14)
Good Luck Thalius, not that you'll need much of it, best wishes

On Vacation from Utopia. Hopefully I won't be back any time soon
View Public Profile Find more posts by Tarago Add Tarago to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Jun-2003 at 08:18)
<3 for Thalius.

Best of luck.

Serenity
View Public Profile Find more posts by Zauper TR Add Zauper TR to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as D E S T I N)
(23-Jun-2003 at 09:50)

Hello I have heard much of you so i bet your alliance will probably have respect from other alliances.

Last edited by V A S H, 23-Jun-2003 at 09:53.
View Public Profile Find more posts by V A S H Add V A S H to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Jun-2003 at 09:54)
Good Luck in your expansion.
View Public Profile Visit C a r n a g e's homepage Find more posts by C a r n a g e Add C a r n a g e to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Jun-2003 at 10:01)
tongue

Good Luck Thalius and Hope ToT will live forever.
View Public Profile Find more posts by kirua86 Add kirua86 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Jun-2003 at 10:14)
smile

interesting,the best wishes
View Public Profile Find more posts by Gigantor Add Gigantor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $8.50
(23-Jun-2003 at 10:43)

Good luck Thalius.
Wish you the best with your new alliance.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invisible Snake Add Invisible Snake to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Jun-2003 at 12:08)

Best of luck to you!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Piraatje Add Piraatje to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Jun-2003 at 12:38)

SPAM

oh good luck bla bla bla

man you all know your just spamming

<<.X leader of Wise BC.>>

<<.4thMember of Elite X.>>
<<.Owner of the Sinwar clan.>>
<<.45th Member of Stonecutters.>>
View Public Profile Visit Atomic Boom's homepage Find more posts by Atomic Boom Add Atomic Boom to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.44
(23-Jun-2003 at 13:32)
I was about to post something along the lines of "not another *&^%$#@ new alliance!" There seems to have been a little explosion of newbie ones lately. But then I recognized the name

Good luck.

Green Menace
Captain - The Black Horde
View Public Profile Visit GreenMenace TBH's homepage Find more posts by GreenMenace TBH Add GreenMenace TBH to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Pegster UC)
(23-Jun-2003 at 13:45)
Good luck Thalius!

(Though this is old news as your co-founder(don't remmeber who it was right now) told me on icq a few days ago

Pegster- Vanquisher of animals, wrestler of humans and succumber to high heels!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Pegster Add Pegster to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Elrond NI)
(23-Jun-2003 at 14:38)
Good luck with ToT my friend. If I had not been so loyal to NI I would have joined your ranks myself.
View Public Profile Find more posts by ElrondtheOwl Add ElrondtheOwl to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as TanisAA)
(23-Jun-2003 at 14:41)
Re: The Order of Taure (ToT)

Hello Thal, Haven't seen much of you around since you left AA. Heard you joined HaJ I think it was? Or am I confusing you with someone else?

Anyway - good luck with your new alliance. I like the whole elvish theme and the name sounds pretty cool too. Catch you around )
View Public Profile Find more posts by TanisinOz Add TanisinOz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as C h e e s E)
(23-Jun-2003 at 14:45)
*holds Thalius tightly*

View Public Profile Find more posts by eX Cheese Xe Add eX Cheese Xe to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Jun-2003 at 15:17)
Oh yeah If those wanna join us can't contact Thalius or having problem contacting him, you can contact me or Gladiator as we can help you in joining us. It would be my pleasure to help out!

My icq:

Gladiator:
View Public Profile Find more posts by kirua86 Add kirua86 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Gladiator ToT)
(23-Jun-2003 at 15:40)
yay....the alliance has started.
View Public Profile Find more posts by GingerGoat Add GingerGoat to your Buddy List Reply with Quote