Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Alliances Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(19-Jan-2012 at 10:00)

Re: Is Utopia too small for alliances?

Originally Posted by Trent: View Post
I agree with you. The best Ages in my opinion were 3 and perhaps 4
Don't know that's when I started and it was all new and shiney.

Originally Posted by mdmflutterby: View Post
Anything after age 15 was bad.

Was fun up until the Spirit versus Abs and bitches war from there it progressively sucked harder.

Fear is the foundation of most governments
Five years of banning
04-Dec-2002 Starfriend Spamming
11-Dec-2007 Saint Sinner Off-Topic Post
Happy Wooden anniversary
View Public Profile Find more posts by HarleyQuinnROX Add HarleyQuinnROX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(31-Jan-2012 at 08:04)

Anyone remember those huge server wide wars in the first ages? Man those were the days...

Do you mind? Im trying to ignore you!

View Public Profile Find more posts by Adri4n Add Adri4n to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Feb-2012 at 01:59)

Originally Posted by mdmflutterby: View Post
Anything after age 15 was bad.
I found it fun up until about 26 or 27. At that point it just felt more like an unnecessary responsibility for me as I didn't want to let me kingdom members down.

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... / Ć
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Feb-2012 at 19:24)

Originally Posted by Puck UA: View Post
Just checked all the alliances with URLs listed in the 'Alliance URL' thread. Here's the results:

Alliance Exists? Active?

AA Y Maybe
ABS Y Can't tell
BoD N No
FUR N No
HaJ N No
IA N No
KLA N No
Lotus Y No
NA N No
NeXT N No
NH N No (redirects to ZEN)
NI N No
OA N No (redirects to ZEN)
SF Y No
TA Y Maybe
TF N No
UA Y No
VoF N No
WW Y Can't tell

So, if there is still alliance activity in Utopia (other than the odd province or kingdom tag) what and where they? And why is this forum so out of date?
Judging from the last ages Overall Ranking in every category u can see a simple outlook of the alliances that have survived these last 3-5 years. I think mostly because of trying to keep certain KD names alive..

- ABS is still active and have 4 to 6 top charted kds
- HaJ is still active and have strong kds in the charts and less nublet kds as in the past
- HaLL has made a comeback and is active with about 2-4 top charted kds
- TF seems to be active with a couple of kds in the top 100.
- Lotus is active and have 4-6 kds in the top 100
- NI seems to be active with a couple of the kds in the top 100.
- KLA is active with a couple of top charted KDs
- A new alliance called DKU seems to be active with 3 KDs in the top 100.

This is just what I have seen, so its not all official but the way alliances work now is less on the "external website membership" aspect and more focused on the "Inter-KD relationship" aspect which is good for the game. That is how real winners play (elite kds) and that is how everyone wants to play now.

Ive been playing for a bout a year and a half now after a year and a half break, which was at the end of the Legacy code transition. The game has definitely shrunk because of bugs and instability of the game at first, but now seems to have stopped bleeding players now that the code is more solid and is adding tons of new features. I think whenever they drop the FB bomb the game will explode.

"Respect the one who defends his land with bravery, but honor the price he pays to fulfill his duty."
-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
PyroManiaC | [email protected] | SC2 BattleNet: DonJuan5420
View Public Profile Visit xX DonJuan Xx's homepage Find more posts by xX DonJuan Xx Add xX DonJuan Xx to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(26-Feb-2012 at 22:11)

Alliances in this game were always fun.... maybe I will come back and play....

1- If you want some come get some
2- Don't hunt what you can't Kill
View Public Profile Find more posts by InfidelNA Add InfidelNA to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Feb-2012 at 07:04)

not too sure what the alliance world is like these days .... I'm playing in a nice little warring kingdom.

But its enjoyable feels like the early days =)

Five years of banning
Happy Wooden anniversary
View Public Profile Find more posts by HarleyQuinnROX Add HarleyQuinnROX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Mar-2012 at 02:24)
I played on that other utopia game for like an age.. Battlefields or whatever... every now and then I get a promo e-mail about it and it reminds me of the good old days and I consider joining Utopia again... I have more free time since I am not in University anymore but not sure if I have the energy for late night logins anymore haha. Like hell I am setting an alarm for 3 AM and getting up to attack, or racing home at lunch to login and check it.

VIVA LA REDDY AND SKRAZ

3 More to Go.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Redwingsfan Add Redwingsfan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Mar-2012 at 03:43)

Originally Posted by Redwingsfan: View Post
I played on that other utopia game for like an age.. Battlefields or whatever... every now and then I get a promo e-mail about it and it reminds me of the good old days and I consider joining Utopia again... I have more free time since I am not in University anymore but not sure if I have the energy for late night logins anymore haha. Like hell I am setting an alarm for 3 AM and getting up to attack, or racing home at lunch to login and check it.
I started playing again and finally got Ezz to come back. As much as the people has stayed the same, I think time has mellowed them out a little bit compared to the old days.

----------------------------------------
})i({~flutterby~ })i({

Alliance Rankings Administration
irc.Utonet.org #alliancerankings
View Public Profile Visit mdmflutterby's homepage Find more posts by mdmflutterby Add mdmflutterby to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Mar-2012 at 04:04)

maybe cuz we are _dare i say_ getting older?

(and dont deny it)

"Respect the one who defends his land with bravery, but honor the price he pays to fulfill his duty."
-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
PyroManiaC | [email protected] | SC2 BattleNet: DonJuan5420
View Public Profile Visit xX DonJuan Xx's homepage Find more posts by xX DonJuan Xx Add xX DonJuan Xx to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Mar-2012 at 00:30)

that and more busy i guess

x-NI Senator
x-SOV. NH
Heru en'Arvandor (Lord of Heaven)
Taure en'Arvandor [TA]
View Public Profile Find more posts by Thunder TA Add Thunder TA to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Eldarad)
Donated $9.01
(24-Mar-2012 at 02:44)

Originally Posted by Alexstrasza: View Post
That was still before my time.
Age 18 was my favourite (and my first...)

You only have power over people as long as you don't take everything from them.
But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power - he is free again.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Adderla Add Adderla to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Mar-2012 at 10:11)

Popping in to say hello to all my old acquaintances! Oh and, alliances may still exist in this game, though with such a small player base the need to have one is pointless. Also people like me don't mercilessly start shit.

Aka Attila, old school founder of NA and TDC, King of Kings of offensive Alliances
View Public Profile Visit TheHun's homepage Find more posts by TheHun Add TheHun to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Mar-2012 at 22:55)

Originally Posted by TheHun: View Post
Popping in to say hello to all my old acquaintances! Oh and, alliances may still exist in this game, though with such a small player base the need to have one is pointless. Also people like me don't mercilessly start shit.
Hey... I know you :P

----------------------------------------
})i({~flutterby~ })i({

Alliance Rankings Administration
irc.Utonet.org #alliancerankings
View Public Profile Visit mdmflutterby's homepage Find more posts by mdmflutterby Add mdmflutterby to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Apr-2012 at 22:09)

why the hell did old members randomly decide to check back on the game? Is it still worth playing though? I've been tempted by nostalgia.

RIP John Lennon
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mandraque Add Mandraque to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Apr-2012 at 03:07)

I'm playing from my phone very successfully.,...... its less intensive then when it was in its peak.

Its a more condensed version of WoL server then say BF server ... the n00bs are super n00bs and the egos are much much larger in that fish bowl.

If you can side step the egos and find a nice little warring kingdom its very very good.

Five years of banning
Happy Wooden anniversary
(07-Apr-2012 at 01:15)

and not alot of kingdoms you can war where people dont know someone else in it now

x-NI Senator
x-SOV. NH
Heru en'Arvandor (Lord of Heaven)
Taure en'Arvandor [TA]
View Public Profile Find more posts by Thunder TA Add Thunder TA to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old FTF
Donated $0.52
(30-Apr-2012 at 01:28)
Wow...im surrounded by nostalgia, past glories and some less grander moments. These boards used to be surpercharged with lively debate. Six ages into a Utopian return and thought id check this place out. Shame to see it so much quieter.

Where is everyone? Who still breathes?

Phun Phanatics forever.
The World is changed...time to smell the ashes
View Public Profile Visit FTF's homepage Find more posts by FTF Add FTF to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Apr-2012 at 09:56)

no one we are all zombies

these forums got smashed with nazi modding at one stage and the creation of alliance rankings in response.

plus the slow death of utopia = dead temple

Five years of banning
Happy Wooden anniversary
Old FTF
Donated $0.52
(30-Apr-2012 at 12:09)
Thats a shame. Though I suppose it was all inevitable at some point. All things must end eventually.

Phun Phanatics forever.
The World is changed...time to smell the ashes
View Public Profile Visit FTF's homepage Find more posts by FTF Add FTF to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $12.00
(06-Aug-2012 at 01:01)

AA is definitely still around, I know because I'm in it.
View Public Profile Find more posts by khronosschoty Add khronosschoty to your Buddy List Reply with Quote