Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(16-Feb-2013 at 12:13)

Thank you to Utopia Temple

Hello and thank you to Brother Green and all the good people that keep re-tuning Utopia Angel, age in and age out.

The game itself has evolved and improved in many ways, but Angel is still the standard add-on which makes the game complete for so many of us that don't have the time or inclination or even the competence to do the arithmetic ourselves.
View Public Profile Visit Puck UA's homepage Find more posts by Puck UA Add Puck UA to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(16-Feb-2013 at 18:48)

smile Re: Thank you to Utopia Temple

Thanks for this post. Each age it's getting harder to update, and I'm sometimes thinking about stopping with it, but it's people like you that keep me going.

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Feb-2013 at 19:36)
So True Puck, so true -thanks you guys for all you do for it...............
Ya'll Keeping this going and wandering the server finding new teams to build every couple of ages is what keeps me in the game, nostalgia here and challenegeing myself in game...........
Luckily really good challenge this age :
Net Worth Rank
320 of 327

Anon, Elvensryche, Utopheous, Elvensdead, Elvensryche - maybe finish up anon again......

Last edited by Elvensryche, 16-Feb-2013 at 19:37.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Elvensryche Add Elvensryche to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Mar-2013 at 05:16)
Today in my kingdom of fresh players a new tm guild leader created a TABLE to track tm production in forums...........
Suddenly all those tables in the day -bod, ta,cav , dens, leagues, guilds came to mind!

Course the skill set to create a table is no longer needed in todays world but it still absolutely made my day.........this is what I mean by rebuilding "Ghettos" every couple of ages.
Simultaneously all four of my last two age effort "ghettos" are off to 1/1 war starts.....
Keeps the game challenegeing for me jumping to the last place team in the game every other age..............

were full boat of happy active noobs and hiding them just under 100 in the rankings because we grew through a series of 4 waves and recruitments to fast this time...........and again not single prov I knew previously recruited on board

New players combined with this site is what keeps the ole' man going and seeing the game growing again finally sortta shocks me - planned to be last kingdom, buty that challenge may be more than I expected- casue she is growing nowadays.

Anon, Elvensryche, Utopheous, Elvensdead, Elvensryche - maybe finish up anon again......
View Public Profile Find more posts by Elvensryche Add Elvensryche to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-Mar-2013 at 13:16)

Re: Thank you to Utopia Temple

Originally Posted by Brother Green: View Post
Thanks for this post. Each age it's getting harder to update, and I'm sometimes thinking about stopping with it, but it's people like you that keep me going.
Funnily enough, my thought is "do it". Stop maintaing Angel. The current game's owners should be paying you. Angel makes the game playable for the majority of players. Angel should be part of the game, and you deserve something for the efforts you've contributed.

If you're going to stop maintainimg Angel gratis, now is the time to do it, while there's still enough players to complain and get you back on reasonable terms.
View Public Profile Visit Puck UA's homepage Find more posts by Puck UA Add Puck UA to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(13-Mar-2013 at 11:13)

Originally Posted by Puck UA: View Post
Funnily enough, my thought is "do it". Stop maintaing Angel. The current game's owners should be paying you. Angel makes the game playable for the majority of players. Angel should be part of the game, and you deserve something for the efforts you've contributed.

If you're going to stop maintainimg Angel gratis, now is the time to do it, while there's still enough players to complain and get you back on reasonable terms.
Hehe, thanks for the compliments, but I doubt the game developers would endorse any external tool, especially when they integrate more and more calculators into the game itself.

View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $1.20
(15-Mar-2013 at 01:23)

Decided to stop lurking just to agree with Puck/everyone. Angel really is a kickass tool. The Clipboard Manager alone is worth its weight in gold (imagine it weighs a lot).

Thanks BG.

Noble Lady Sarak ~~ King Was Throne Away
The most extragant idea that a politican can have is to believe that it is enough for a people to march into a foreign country, for that country to adopt its laws and constitution. No-one likes armed missionaries; and nature and prudence both teach us to repel armed missionaries as enemies.
~ Maximilien Robespierre; January 1792
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sarak Add Sarak to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Mar-2013 at 20:51)

Am coming out of hiding after 2 years - but really thanks BG for Angel and its awesome forum agent. And also for Utopiatemple, I remember it a lively place when I was still in my teens, quite some laughs were had in L.A!

Welcome, DetHStorM
You last visited: 04-Jun-2011 ##:##

Black + White = no colour

Make no colour your favourite colour!

View Public Profile Find more posts by DetHStorM Add DetHStorM to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Apr-2013 at 15:37)
Yes, let's say it clearly: Thank you Brother Green!

Thank you for years of coding.
A big thumbs up!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Heracles Add Heracles to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Apr-2013 at 21:26)

I have agree wholeheartedly with everyone else here. Utopia angel was an excellent tool to use when i started playing Utopia so many years ago and even though I don't use it anymore (because i stopped playing) I would like to thank you as well BG
View Public Profile Find more posts by Celtic22 Add Celtic22 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Apr-2013 at 05:01)
Yeah I've also never said thanks, but thank you for this service. Not that I've been using it recently, but for all those years ago. Scary that I joined in 2001!

I've been wondering, how do you cover your costs given that it looks like usage is way down?

I'd understand if you did pack this in, as it seems like the online games industry has moved on. But do you know what would happen to the email service if you did? (The one that uses Gmail). I still maintain an @utmail.net address!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Oliver6 Add Oliver6 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-May-2013 at 11:36)

Sorry to link another forum, but it would be useful to blend the discussion we're having here with a suggestion I posted over here:

http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...d-Pimp-onboard
(03-May-2013 at 23:17)

Got a new player today, Taught him how to use angel,he was totally thrilled to see how easy it made attacking and he also figured out what people had been talking about prior but was scared to ask. Thanks BG .

x-NI Senator
x-SOV. NH
Heru en'Arvandor (Lord of Heaven)
Taure en'Arvandor [TA]
View Public Profile Find more posts by Thunder TA Add Thunder TA to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.60
(09-May-2013 at 16:57)

My Turn!

I've played Utopia: The World of Legends and Battlefields in 2003, 2007, and since 2012. If it weren't for Utopia Angel, I wouldn't have been able to be able to hit as well without the calculators provided.

I've just $4 to remove the ads from Angel for three months. I just spent $6 to remove the ads from the game itself.

If there was a way I could pay back those many years that I used Angel, without subscribing. Many thanks to the developers.

Oh. I bought the 3 three months package, so that I could contribute more. I know I didn't need to, but Brother Green and the Utopia Temple community deserves kudos.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Shekandar Add Shekandar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(04-Jun-2013 at 16:50)

Thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by Oliver6: View Post
I've been wondering, how do you cover your costs given that it looks like usage is way down?

I'd understand if you did pack this in, as it seems like the online games industry has moved on. But do you know what would happen to the email service if you did? (The one that uses Gmail). I still maintain an @utmail.net address!
Not to worry, we're not going anywhere. Your mailbox is safe and sound!

(11-Jun-2013 at 04:22)

Thanks everyone!

Not to worry, we're not going anywhere. Your mailbox is safe and sound!
thats good to hear as its still my main email as well <3 utmail

and also a big thanks to BG for angel updating, i still use it even being an elitist in game snob :P mainly because your export lines are a GREAT way of sharing info

Saint Sinner for President 2012
You're all fucking stupid
You're mafia, dont deny it.
Absalom
View Public Profile Find more posts by Skraz Add Skraz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(30-Jun-2013 at 15:45)

Originally Posted by Skraz: View Post
thats good to hear as its still my main email as well <3 utmail
That's great to hear! In this spirit I decided to check some statistics about our @utmail.net service, and share them with you! It's worth noting that the information I have access to is only statistical, and I have no access to your mailboxes and private emails.
  • First user registered in August 2006 (that's 7 years ago!)
  • 933 users applied for a mailbox
  • 99 applications were rejected
  • 508 user accounts actually created
  • 326 users never logged-in to their mailbox
  • 22 active users (logged-in in the past 60 days)
  • 22 semi-active users (logged-in in the past year, excluding past 60 days)
  • 5 users use over 1GB of storage
  • Most used storage by a single account: 3.98GB

(07-Aug-2013 at 20:09)

That's great to hear! In this spirit I decided to check some statistics about our @utmail.net service, and share them with you! It's worth noting that the information I have access to is only statistical, and I have no access to your mailboxes and private emails.
  • First user registered in August 2006 (that's 7 years ago!)
  • 933 users applied for a mailbox
  • 99 applications were rejected
  • 508 user accounts actually created
  • 326 users never logged-in to their mailbox
  • 22 active users (logged-in in the past 60 days)
  • 22 semi-active users (logged-in in the past year, excluding past 60 days)
  • 5 users use over 1GB of storage
  • Most used storage by a single account: 3.98GB
im in the 22 active users, the 5 over 1GB of storage but i wonder who the 4GB peson is lol

Saint Sinner for President 2012
You're all fucking stupid
You're mafia, dont deny it.
Absalom
View Public Profile Find more posts by Skraz Add Skraz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote