Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(User is Banned)
(26-Aug-2003 at 00:22)
science decay

At what rate does science decay?

We all end up dead, it's just a question of how and why.
View Public Profile Find more posts by skaman607 Add skaman607 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(26-Aug-2003 at 17:54)

0.1%

Signature suspended by Aerath for violating the forum's rules.
No images and certainly not this big.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sylvellior Add Sylvellior to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(26-Aug-2003 at 18:38)
so Punarīs 0.15% is no longer correct...?!
View Public Profile Find more posts by vdst Add vdst to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old ZRG
(26-Aug-2003 at 20:19)
punar's site is extremely old
View Public Profile Find more posts by ZRG Add ZRG to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Aug-2003 at 20:33)
Quote:
(Originally posted by danutzboy) or you can do the math and see that libbs are better to have arround...
I have done a lot of math in the past, and there is NEVER a good use for libraries.

As you yourself mentioned, since the cost of books go down, the value of your libraries are worth less every day even!

That 10% everyone says to stick into libraries to help combat decay, could be better used anywhere else. Whether it's banks (+20% gold) or barracks to make you attack more often (and use one attack as a Plunder to buy science). Even if you raze and rebuild and raze uni's once a month to do sci pumps. It's all better in the long run than crippling yourself 10%.

EDIT: Whoops, wrong thread.
http://forums.utopiatemple.com/showt...threadid=34957

Last edited by Rader73, 27-Aug-2003 at 20:36.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Rader73 Add Rader73 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Aug-2003 at 01:49)
maybe! but heres my next q? what % of libs do u need 2 keep to just counter react the effects of the sci decay? 1% 2%?
View Public Profile Find more posts by varsoc15 Add varsoc15 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $2.64
(28-Aug-2003 at 16:58)

Quote:
(Originally posted by varsoc15)

maybe! but heres my next q? what % of libs do u need 2 keep to just counter react the effects of the sci decay? 1% 2%?
That mostly depends on how high you want to keep your sciences. Max sciences are only kept that high by investing either extremely large amounts of money/ free science points or having to invest at daily basis a rather high amount of gold/ free sciences.

Thus you cannot say "10% will do the trick" since it highly depends on the amount of sciences you want to keep.

Blood Raven
Former Head investigator of the HappinessFormulaeandIndicators of age 17 through 25.
Creator of the (now outdated) TipsandTricksGuidetoUtopia!
Haven't played Utopia in several years now. But i have returned
View Public Profile Visit Blood Raven's homepage Find more posts by Blood Raven Add Blood Raven to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as bombshell)
(28-Aug-2003 at 17:38)
you guys are kinda in the wrong thread...

i do believe science decays at 0.15%

I smell gas! Oh well, just gimme a cigar and let me sleep
View Public Profile Find more posts by muffles Add muffles to your Buddy List Reply with Quote