Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Research Laboratory > Previous Rounds' Discussions > Round 22 Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Donated $0.72
(16-Dec-2003 at 02:18)
Sabotage Wizards

Okay, wth does this do? I searched the forums and some people say it depletes the target's mana pool, but I always thought it just reduced the target's success rate when casting spells. Can anyone clarify how this operation operates?

I have similar questions about the bribe generals and thieves ops as well.
View Public Profile Find more posts by ntadema Add ntadema to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as tack2005)
Donated $14.28
(16-Dec-2003 at 02:20)

It takes down a % of their mana each time. Same with the thievery op. Generals now I'm not so sure, I think it increases their return time by 1 hour, but I'm not positive. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Tack Add Tack to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Dec-2003 at 02:25)
I believe it reduces the targets mana pool, therefore creating it easier to spell them and for them to spell you.

WPA is not the only factor in making/defending a sucessful spell, it all depends on the mana %.

Same goes for theif ops

------------------------------------------------
I am not a pheasant plucker I'm a pheasant pluckers son, and I'm only plucking pheasants till the pheasant plucker comes!!

||15 pints later and I'm not a pleasant f$$$$$r either||
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ravens Keep Add Ravens Keep to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Dec-2003 at 07:06)

Re: Sabotage Wizards

Quote:
(Originally posted by ntadema)

Okay, wth does this do? I searched the forums and some people say it depletes the target's mana pool, but I always thought it just reduced the target's success rate when casting spells. Can anyone clarify how this operation operates?

I have similar questions about the bribe generals and thieves ops as well.

The above descriptions of SW are correct. The success rate (both for and against a target) is affected by mana, and thus reducing the mana also affects success rate.

ET is the exact same, except it works on Stealth.

BG causes extra losses on offence - like Pitfalls, except PF is on offence and defence. No Generals are lost. The operation lasts for some time, and is not stackable.

BT reduces the enemies defensive TPA - giving you better success and less losses. It is like Riots and BG in that it lasts for some time, and is not stackable. It does -not- cause the target to lose thieves, no matter what the message in the news says.
View Public Profile Visit metao's homepage Find more posts by metao Add metao to your Buddy List Reply with Quote