Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Angel > Report Bugs and Problems

Post New Thread Closed Thread
Author Thread
(20-Dec-2003 at 09:48)
Angel 1.53a2: (Windows 98 SE)

ONLY OCCASIONALLY! When I try to open one of the calculators through the angel menu (mil, buildings... etc too I think but I don't use the others much) I get this:

"Error reading imgPinUp.Picture.Data: Invalid floating point operation"

After I press ok, the error goes away and everything works just peachy.

Zero Genesis - 126465022

Part of the UT Christian Community
View Public Profile Find more posts by ZeroGenesis Add ZeroGenesis to your Buddy List
(20-Dec-2003 at 12:42)

I'm now getting the same thing as Zerogenesis since upgrading to alpha 2, i thought it had fixed it, but now seems to be random (winXP operating system). I don't get the error anymore on internal affairs, just on random parts when opening calculators or formatting data. (same error i've been reporting the whole time). angel doesn't crash but i have to hit ok and repeat copy attempt to get data formatted.

The power flows through me and into this blade. Watch yourself, or the blade will flow into you.
View Public Profile Find more posts by emp28 Add emp28 to your Buddy List
(20-Dec-2003 at 13:32)
Invalid Floatin Point ...

After Account creation before displaying throne page.

Angel v1.53a2
OS Windoze ME
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mistfink Add Mistfink to your Buddy List
(20-Dec-2003 at 18:33)
Can't recall if I've ever had the problem when formatting the kingdom page but I HAVE had the errors on the throne and building pages. One thing I have noticed is that it never seems to happen if I close the Clipboard Viewer window before formatting.
View Public Profile Find more posts by WitchDoctor Add WitchDoctor to your Buddy List
(21-Dec-2003 at 06:37)

Ok! I had it happen to me several times, at times not one after the other, by copying the kingdom page and then the throne.

Server=Battlefield
OS=Windows 2000 NT
Version of angel=1.53a2

Hope it helps! I'm looking into an active recreation of it. Will report good news soon hopefullly!

Whatever happens, happens...
View Public Profile Visit VOIDKing Ki's homepage Find more posts by VOIDKing Ki Add VOIDKing Ki to your Buddy List
(21-Dec-2003 at 13:51)
I'm using v1.53Alpha2 on winXP.
And as I mentioned before I only get the floating... when there are provinces with no acres in the kingdom page. (I also just noticed that that also includes DEAD). It needs to find a number for the "acres" field. With a " - " or a " DEAD " it will crash.

Edit: Typo

Last edited by OGje, 21-Dec-2003 at 13:59.
View Public Profile Find more posts by OGje Add OGje to your Buddy List
(21-Dec-2003 at 18:13)
When i tried to expand the buildings page, it says the parameters are incorrect. This has happened before when the page is to close to the bottom of my screen, so i moved it up, but it still happened.

It requires me to hit ok about 20 times before the message goes away. It repops up in a new position each time i click, until it goes back.

I tried redownloading, but it only screwed it up more. Now the buildings page is expanded but it doesnt all show up, and it looks really weird, and the parameters message comes up right away.

Im running windows 98 SE, AMD athlon 700mhz 384mb of ram.

Probably isnt my computer since it has worked for a long time... but it could be.. let me know
View Public Profile Find more posts by JagRazor Add JagRazor to your Buddy List
Donated $12.00
(21-Dec-2003 at 22:38)
Windows 98SE
Angel 1.53 alpha2

I get invalid floating point bug when copying CB with the following raw data:

Money: 196,610gc Peasants: 4418 Food: 0 Bushels Runes: 2652 Runes Networth: 43,906gc
Utopia Guide: Mystics - Mystic Advisor

Your wizards gather their runes and begin casting. The spell consumes 120 Runes and ... is successful! Our crystal ball shows ... The Province of Heavanly Lothem mmmm (##:##) as of April 16th, YR0.
Race
Ruler
Land
Peasants
Employment
Happiness
Money
Food
Runes
Trade Balance Halfling
The Wise Mr. IP Freely
659 Acres
91%
Content
451,669gc
140,751 bushels
230 runes
0gc Soldiers
Spearmen
Archers
Half-Giants
Thieves
Wizards
War Horses
Prisoners
Off. Points
Def. Points 809
Unknown
Unknown

From what we see, this province has been attacked pretty heavily in the last month.

Remember, there are few rewards for attacking a badly hit province, as the easy to capture resources have already been taken. Money: 196,610gc Peasants: 4418 Food: 0 Bushels Runes: 2532 Runes Networth: 43,906gc
You enter the Mystic Circle, the secret locale from which your wizards cast their spells. From here, you may issue orders to your magical minions to do anything within their power. Wizards have an amazing array of spells at their disposal, but can only cast so many at any time. Runes will be needed for your wizards to effectively do their magic.
Casting Spells
Select a Province
Kingdom: Island:
Nobody Heavenly Death (##:##)- Awaiting Activation -Slappings (##:##)Angry Greek Land (##:##)Heavenly Zoroas (##:##)Heavenly Antisocial (##:##)Heavenly Mystics (##:##)Heavenly Assassin (##:##)Mittens (##:##)Heavenly Apocalypse (##:##) (* Monarch *)heavenly body fgh (##:##)Tylers Heavely Land (##:##)Heavenly Wanderer (##:##)Heavenly Guild (##:##)Heavenly Might (##:##)Heavenly Paladin (##:##)Heavenly Heart (##:##)Heavenly Illusions (##:##)Heavenly Artifacts (##:##)kaer goofy (##:##)- Awaiting Activation -Heavenly DarkAngel (##:##)Heavanly Lothem mmmm (##:##)Heavenly Conquerer (##:##)

Our province has 2532 runes in our reserves.
Our mana level is at 82%.
Select Spell: Select a Spell Crystal Ball (120 Runes) Crystal Eye (240 Runes) Minor Protection (421 Runes) (SELF) Fog (720 Runes) (SELF) Magic Shield (600 Runes) (SELF) Fertile Lands (600 Runes) (SELF) Nature's Blessing (720 Runes) (SELF) Love & Peace (840 Runes) (SELF) Tree of Gold (960 Runes) (SELF) Builders' Boon (1200 Runes) (SELF) Inspire Army (1320 Runes) (SELF) Invisibility (1621 Runes) (SELF) War Spoils (1739 Runes) (SELF) Fanaticism (1800 Runes) (SELF) Mind Focus (1861 Runes) (SELF) Reflect Magic (2160 Runes) (SELF) ShadowLight (2280 Runes) (SELF) Patriotism (2400 Runes) (SELF) Paradise (3600 Runes) (SELF) Storms (960 Runes) Drought (1200 Runes) Expose Thieves (1440 Runes) Greed (1560 Runes) Fool's Gold (1680 Runes) Pitfalls (1800 Runes) Fireball (1800 Runes) Lightning Strike (1861 Runes) Explosions (2160 Runes) Nightmare (2640 Runes) Mystic Vortex (2760 Runes) Tornadoes (3000 Runes)

Releasing Wizards
We have 75 Wizards. We can release these
servants back into our peasantry at any time.
Release Wizards:

Training
Guilds naturally train wizards, but we can stop this process
at any time. We are currently training additional wizards.
You may change this below.
View Public Profile Find more posts by WiSK Add WiSK to your Buddy List
Donated $12.00
(21-Dec-2003 at 22:41)
Note on my above post.

If I only copy from "Your wizards gather ..." to "... already been taken. " then I do not get the error.
View Public Profile Find more posts by WiSK Add WiSK to your Buddy List
Old SLG
(21-Dec-2003 at 23:58)

Invalid Floating Point Error Reproduced

1. Open Angel, and open the Archive. Do NOT close this window while you do the following:

2. Copy any kd page with - Awaiting Activation - (BF/WoL). Clipboard should pop up.

3. Close the clipboard via the "X" button.

- Does not cause error if closed with Alt+F4
- Does not cause error if closed with System Menu Exit click
- Does not cause error if closed by exiting Angel at this point.
- Does not cause error if closed by closing Ad.

Doesn't cause error if page has no awaiting activation persons.

I got a few people to test this for me, and they seem to be experiencing same problems. Occurs on XP, 98 and ME for sure, dont know about 95 and 2000. Hope this can help fix the error. =)

Tested on Angel 1.53B2
View Public Profile Find more posts by SLG Add SLG to your Buddy List
(22-Dec-2003 at 00:28)
This works

Windows XP Pro full updates
View Public Profile Find more posts by DandDAddict Add DandDAddict to your Buddy List
Old SLG
(22-Dec-2003 at 00:42)

Update to floating point error problem

I tested this also with a dead province, and no Awaiting Activation persons in a kd, and it still produces error. Neither of these produces no errors.

- Opening the clipboard from the Archive page, from the Angel Menu or from Settings and then closing it as specified above produces no errors. It must be a direct Ctrl+C popup

Windows 2000 confirmed to produce error also.

Last edited by SLG, 22-Dec-2003 at 00:48.
(22-Dec-2003 at 02:01)
Floating point error

Getting this copying CB's. Freezes that window so I can't use it again and have to get another cb. Got 3 cb's now. Will not copy to clip board or military calculator.

Can hear beep, but message may not show at all for a while.
View Public Profile Find more posts by goldy Add goldy to your Buddy List
Old SLG
(22-Dec-2003 at 06:10)

Invalid floating point operation - Another way

You can generate this error by doing the following. Note that not all computers will generate this error, nor the one I posted above. I do not know what parameters will cause it on your computer, although I know it is generated on all OSes, so it seems to be a program problem.

This concerns the following errors that may be recieved:

- Error reading Image10.Picture.Data: Invalid floating point operation. (I will refer to this as Type 1)

- Error reading imgPinUp.Picture.Data: Invalid floating point operation. (I will refer to this as Type 2)

- Invalid floating point operation. (I will refer to this as Type 3)

These two seem to be invoked in the same way.

This is how to generate the error, if it works at all:

1. Load Angel, and copy a kd page with any amount of province names containing - Awaiting Activation - or DEAD. If there are neither on the kd page, the errors will never be displayed.

2. Double click on the angel icon.

3. Error is produced, and the type of error produced is boiled down to this:

Type 1 Error
This is invoked if the Settings menu is the popup shown when double clicking on the Angel icon. (Angel Default)

Type 2 Error
This is invoked if either the Military, Thief or Building Calculators is shown when Angel icon is double clicked. (I assume they are all from the same template? )

Type 3 Error
This error is shown only with the Forum Agent. It occurs if the Forum Agent is the popup shown when double clicking the Angel icon.

The Science Calculator, Power Tools, Archive (other than the way described above), Clipboard Viewer and Revert Clipboard to Text do not produce the above errors if they are the double click default.

NB: To generate the errors above, you must do this at least 2 times. The first time does not cause an error, presumably because it is loading the data the first time. Also, to generate this again, you must recopy (Ctrl+C) the kd page, and close every form popup, excluding the Clipboard. That can remain open, and the errors will still occur.

The above two ways to generate the Invalid Floating Point Error seem to be non-interrelated, apart from having to copy kd pages with - Awaiting Activation - or DEAD

Last edited by SLG, 22-Dec-2003 at 06:12.
(22-Dec-2003 at 09:29)
Invalid Floating Point Operation

I am getting this message after I see "Clipboard does not contain textual information at the moment." on my clipboard. It happens when I try to copy a kd page with either a "awaiting activation", "uncharted" or "dead" province in both the age of legends and in genesis with the Alpha2. If you all have found a solution on this please post. My kd is ready to go to war and angel is unable to calculate target kd info to post or the read. Please reply, thanks.
View Public Profile Find more posts by quarter1 Add quarter1 to your Buddy List
(22-Dec-2003 at 09:32)
some guy suggested copy the kd page and paste it to notepad then edit those -Awaiting Deletion- into some figures like 50000 or sth + Dead also giv trouble i think...please go to that thread and read further...
View Public Profile Find more posts by EternalWanderer Add EternalWanderer to your Buddy List
(22-Dec-2003 at 09:38)
and that some guy is u seems like some people have no such prob at all? so u can ask kdmates to do that?
View Public Profile Find more posts by EternalWanderer Add EternalWanderer to your Buddy List
(Posted as Waltter)
(22-Dec-2003 at 09:59)
Crash, crash and crash...

on windows 98 with angel 1.53 alpha 2

1st I copy other kingdoms page

I shrink clipboard - angel ad stays on the screen (up right)

I get CB on the target and when I copy it (ctrl-a, ctrl-c)

angel crashses. I have close it and then it has lost info I collected.
View Public Profile Find more posts by waltter Add waltter to your Buddy List
(22-Dec-2003 at 12:38)
had all the above problems. Different errors on different pages. They do no occur all the time, but it's still kinda annoying.

Utopia Angel v1.53 Alpha 2
View Public Profile Find more posts by Heresy Add Heresy to your Buddy List
(23-Dec-2003 at 07:05)
I am getting the invalid floating point thing,But it semes to be only when I do a cb,Then a survey.
View Public Profile Find more posts by buskirk Add buskirk to your Buddy List
Closed Thread