Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Suggestions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(16-Jun-2003 at 14:18)
teeth Heroes, a new idea !

Here is an idea of mine, which I thought about yesterday, when I did a 300 acres grab on the kingdom I am in war with. I thought : What if Heroes could come and offer us their services in exchange of gold. Then, I developed the idea and here is the result :

When you do a land grab, a hero comes to see you, with different abilities, depending of the size of your grab. Whenever you will gain land in combat, a hero « may » come to see you. Some will say « The hero should only come if you made a huge grab, so you will be rewarded for your efforts », others will say « The hero should only come if you made a small grab, so it will help you grow bigger ». Instead of this, I chose « The hero can come at each land grab you get in combat, and his abilities will be different if you made a bigger grab than if you make a small one ». But a hero will come only each 5 grabs you make, be them big or small. Heroes may gain levels, but you will need to get X acres for a hero to gain a level. (Example : a hero needs 400 acres to gain a level and you do a 120 hit, another 120, then a 160, your hero gained a level). As they will gain levels, their power will increase double at each level (If your hero is lvl.1 and he has +5% Honor Gains, at lvl.2 he will have +10%, at level.3 he will have +15%, and not 20%)

The smaller your grab, the worse the hero will be, but the hero will still help you on the way of greatness. The bigger your grab, the better the hero will be, so that even if it’s strong, your already earned advantages won’t be much influenced by the arrival of this hero. Your heroes will stay for as long as they will not be killed in combats. If the hero is captured, it will count as a normal prisoner, except if the province that took it is bigger (Maybe it will make suiciders refuse to use them). I am an Avian/Shepherd/Suicider, so I don’t think I’d appreciate much, but so…

For example :

You do a 1-60 acres grab :

Mylord/Mylady, an (Race ex : look below) hero named The (Adjective ex : look below) (Name ex : look below), the (Role ex : look below) is present, and he wills to offer you his services in exchange of X gc. Will you pay this amount of gold for him to fight at your sides ?

Detailed example : Mylord/Mylady, a human hero, more accurately The Honorable Agraseth, the Fighter is present and he can put at your disposal the following aids :

The Honorable Agraseth, the Fighter : Lv.1

+5% Honor Gains
-5% Honor Losses
Hero – 1500/0

Will you hire him for 50,000 gc ?
YES ? --- NO ?

When the player clicks on the chosen answer, it will be written :

YES : You hired The Honorable Agraseth, the Fighter and he will fight at your sides until he is dead.
NO : You refuse to hire the hero and he turns back, walking slowly towards another castle.

If you get a 61-130 acres grab, the hero shall be twice as effective as the one shown above.
If you get a 131-200 acres grab, the hero shall be three times as effective as the one shown above.
If you get a 201-270 acres grab, the hero shall be four times as effective as the one shown above.
If you get a 271-360 acres grab, the hero shall be five times as effective as the one shown above.
If you get a 361+ acres grab, the hero shall be six times as effective as the one shown above.

Anyway, the hero’s effects will only be applied when he will be sent in attack. For sure you won’t be able to have more than one hero each attack, and not more than three in the whole kingdom. If you reach three heroes, and you make a big land grab which causes you to have access to a better hero, you may hire the hero if you accept to fire another one.

However, there will be defensive heroes too, but they can only be hired when you successfully defend your province. If you defend against 15-29k mod, you will gain the hero below. If you defend against a 30-44k mod, you will gain a hero twice as effective. If you defend against 45-59k mod, you will have a hero three times as effective as the one below, and so, until you reach 95k mod, where you will get a hero six times more effective than the one below.
They defensive heroes should look like this :

Mylord/Mylady, a faery hero, more accurately, The Cautious Gylyan, The Ward, is present and she wishes to serve your army the best she can. However she shall only be useful to defend your province.

She can provide the following aids :

+5% Forts Effectiveness
-5% Defensive Combat Losses
0/1750

Will you hire her for 35,000 gc ?
YES ---- NO

Also, I thought that T/Ms would be complaining if it would only work for Attackers :P. That’s why I chose to put magic and thievery heroes.

The Magic heroes will be available when you inflicted considerable damage to an enemy province. But such heroes will only be available if you use Tornadoes, Meteor Showers, Nightmare, Land Lust or Fireballs.
Like if you cast Tornadoes many times for 120 acres, you might gain a weak hero like the following one :

Mylord/Mylady, an elvish hero, more accurately The Mystic Eärithradia, the Sorceress, is present and she wishes to be apart of your guild, hoping to serve you the best she can.

She can provide your guild the following advantages :

The Mystic Eärithradia, the Sorceress : Lv.1

+5% Offensive Spells Effectiveness
-5% Spells Cost
Counts as 50 wizards

Will you hire her for 40,000 gc ?
YES ----- NO

For such a hero, you would need :

Tornadoes : 120 destroyed acres
Meteor Showers : At least 300 killed troops
Nightmare : 300 Disturbed troops
Land Lust : 20 stolen acres
Fireballs : 1500 killed peasants

If you double these effects, the hero shall be twice as effective.
If you triple…and so, and so until it’s six times as effective.

But you must know that such heroes will come once in ten times such damage is inflicted, because otherwise it would be too easy to get heroes for an elf or a faery.

For levels, it is quite easy to understand. If you get a hero, then you do the damage listed above while your hero is present, its level won’t change. If you do twice what listed above, your hero will gain one level. If you triple the effects, it will be lvl.3

Now, for the thieves, heroes shall look like this : They can only be obtained by using Rob the Vaults, the Towers, the Granaries, Kidnappings, Nightstrike, Propaganda

Mylord/Myldady, a halfling hero, more accurately The Rebellious Agralebard, the Looter, is present and he wishes to be apart of your thieves’ guild, hoping to serve you the best he can.

He can provide you the following advantages :

The Rebellious Agralebard, the Looter : Lv.1

+5% Thievery Effectiveness
-15$ Thieves Cost
Counts as 75 Thieves

Will you hire him for 35,000 gc ?
YES ----- NO

For such a hero, you would need :

Rob the Vaults : 500,000 gc
Rob the Towers : 50,000 runes
Rob the Granaries : 1,000,000 bushels
Kidnappings : 2000 peasants
Nightstrike : 1500 troops and soldiers
Propaganda : 500 anything

If you double these effects, the hero shall be twice as effective
If you triple these effects…and so, and so until the effects are six times what is listed above.

For these heroes levels, suppose you have already got the hero by doing the effects listed above, if your hero and your thieves with him are able to do twice, your hero will gain a level. If they triple the effects while the hero is still present, the hero will be at lvl.3…If you do one of the things listed above, you have one chance on ten to get such a hero.

Here is a list of what can be attributed to each class of heroes :

Offensive heroes :

Adjectives :
The Honorable, The Noble
The Ruthless, The Cruel, The Chaotic, The Aggressive
The Strong, The Great, The Strategic
The Impressive, The Incredible

Surnames :
The Hunter, The Fighter, The Warrior, The Relentless
The Strategist, the Pit Fighter, The Swordmaster
The Dreadful, The Minion, The Mindless

Defensive Heroes :

Adjectives :
The Honorable, The Noble
The Cautious, The Untouchable
The Protected, The Blessed

Surnames :
The Defender, The Warchief, The Protector
The Healer, The Keeper, The Renewer
The Awakener, The Guardian

Magic Heroes :

Adjectives :
The Mystic, The Sage, The Wise, The Logic,
The Ancient, The Scholar, The Mysterious
The Omnipotent

Surnames :
The Geomancer, The Lavamancer, The Aquamancer
The Auramancer, The Necromancer, The Sorcerer
The Wizard, The Mage, The Enchanter

Thievery Heroes :

Adjectives :
The Corrupted, The Coward, The Hidden
The Vile, The Deceitful, The Malicious
The Skillful, The Insane

Surnames :
The Thief, The Rogue, The Sentinel
The Unstoppable, The Silent

I think this idea is quite good…Just tell me what you think about it !!!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ghouls Add Ghouls to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Chrizz NH)
(16-Jun-2003 at 14:26)

I think it is a good idea!

Still needs some tweaking, but the idea is really good

~~~NOW! Also available in "dressed"!~~~
~~~~~~~Limited time offer only!~~~~~~
#LA forever! | ex-X
Omg so happy ...lurve tia...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chrizz Add Chrizz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Spankthemonkey)
(16-Jun-2003 at 15:11)

finaly someone thinks an idea through before posting

Don't mess with the Dragon
Hup two three four , don't know how to count no more
View Public Profile Find more posts by Redragon Add Redragon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Jun-2003 at 15:29)
Hey i like the idea...

but i think there is too much involved. The personalities in teh game so far have very simple addvantages to them like:

+30% honour gains & double honour bonuses.

As mehul always puts it... it increase playability, i dont know how it owuld look to have a 1 line desciption of what all the other personalities do and then a whole website explaining the bonuses involved in choosing your new personaily. I do agree though that there is a problem currently with the war hero personality for attackers, it should at least be +50% honour gains cuz once it egts to baron it cant compete at all with sheppards.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Axechris Add Axechris to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Jun-2003 at 16:06)

smile cool

I like the idea, but i think you should do something about the cost, maybe he want some elites as his personal servant / bodyguards or something.

Maybe you could also think of more types, like:
Explorer: If you explore a lot (750 acres in 1 year or something) (decreases exploration soldier expenses)
Entertainer (happiness ecstatic/euphoric for over 1 utopian year) (happiness cannot drop below current level)
Banker (over 25% banks) (+10% bank effectiveness)
Headmaster (lots of schools)
Scientist (more then 600,000 science points researched) (+15% science effectiveness)
And maybe you could get a captain for offensive combat. Acts like a general (+5% bonus), but cannot be send alone.

And if you can gain them, you should also be able to lose them....... Maybe they can be bribed, or will leave after 3 years or something...........
View Public Profile Find more posts by Flying Dutchman Add Flying Dutchman to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Jun-2003 at 17:39)
Well the idea itself is not bad but it would make utopia a whole new gaem. Doubt anyonewould be interested in that, I know I am not.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mercava Add Mercava to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Jun-2003 at 21:10)
question More Comments !!!?

No more comments for three hours of thinking...So bad
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ghouls Add Ghouls to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Jun-2003 at 00:39)
its a good idea, but it would make the game too complex. if you tone it down a bit, then it could be implemented
View Public Profile Find more posts by phil87 Add phil87 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Jun-2003 at 01:46)
very nice but it wont happen
View Public Profile Find more posts by helpme Add helpme to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Jun-2003 at 01:48)

ehhh several things

1. mehul would lose all his brain cells coming up for different hero names especially when say there is one per province at least and there are ummm say 60k ppl playing... at least 60k names... whoopeedoo
2. feels somewhat like heroes of might and magic or masters of magic (wow thats a really old game but I still remember it )
3. upkeep?
4. too easy for the heroes to lvl up really... 1 good war and they'll all be at max lvl lolz

maybe you should make it harder to get heroes? maybe it should depend on honor or something... count xxx, because of our fame in battle, so and so has come to ask if he can aid us in our righteous cause! or something like that... it would be a cool rank bonus anyway, wouldn't it? lolz

"I'm only holding back the rain. So many raindrops, so many pains."
"A member of the UT atheist community"
View Public Profile Find more posts by co0l Add co0l to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Jun-2003 at 01:53)
Co0l, rewarding the honorhunters more will just create more chaos among the n00bs *anyone see that thread in utopia talk where the guy said honor should give you negatives so its harder to top the honorchats?*

VERY nice and well-thought out idea, but....too easy to gain lvls, and very unballanced *counts as 75 thieves vs 50 wizards...wizards are worth about double what thieves are, maybe thievery hero is worth 100? Or even better, something like magic one give a +2.5% bonus to WPA, thievery one gives a +5% bonus to TPA*
View Public Profile Find more posts by QuickLightning Add QuickLightning to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Jun-2003 at 03:42)
A better idea

Well, the heros idea just won't happen, but what about a veteren's idea?

When you attack a target, some of your off specs usually turn into elites, why not create a new type, the veteren offspecs?

They can turn into 5/0 or 6/0

The same would occur with def specs, when you defend, you get def veterens of 0/5 or 0/6

Same with elites, they gain +1 or 2 to their stats

Also, theives and wizards - Veterens would count as 1 and a half of a theif or wizard, to make better chances of success?

I like the idea...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Azulio100 Add Azulio100 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Jun-2003 at 22:22)
teeth Okay...

Personnaly, to create these heroes' names, I used Name Generators I found on the web. So Mehul could use them :P
(17-Jun-2003 at 22:50)

Way to complex for noobs, for mehal, for me, for the guys without calculator¬!!!!
try this..
Every prov has a hero at the start, when there is a kidnap/standard march there is a 1% chance of losing them,
you can have a max of three

no chance of losing 1
1 1%
2 15%
3 35%

You can train them in all three arts
when you use them succesfully (via a tick box in war room/thievery/magic)they gain training points they can be trained up to say...10 lvls

whe you capture/lose one they are so humiliated they need retraining

id keep the rest.. maybe 1% on honor cos 15% is way to mad!
View Public Profile Visit marli's homepage Find more posts by marli Add marli to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Jun-2003 at 12:03)

exclamation mark

just when u thought u played enough of warcraft 3....
View Public Profile Find more posts by Spon Add Spon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Jun-2003 at 12:17)

Not a bad idea... it'll need some small changes, but not a bad idea.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Elminster Add Elminster to your Buddy List Reply with Quote