Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Other Games' Forums > Mafia Forum Games

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(15-Jun-2011 at 00:49)

Re: World of Warcraft Mafia :: Heroes of the Horde

Originally Posted by Swifty: View Post
I'm assuming the SK wouldn't of been given a investigation immunity, so with a mafia goon we probably have a SK/goon not investigated. Felix and Captim are arguing against one another and Lunor doesn't seem to be talkative
I wouldn't rule that out. Perhaps investigation immunity was one of the SK's possible talents?

Time passes, people move. Like a river's flow, it never ends.
A childish mind will turn to noble ambition. Young love will become deep affection.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Felix Zalitz Add Felix Zalitz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Jun-2011 at 01:45)

I think the mistake you and TK might be making is that you're assuming that if you get an extra vote, you increase the # of votes required to lynch.
Actually it did on Day 3

Originally Posted by Greeney:
It is now Day 3. 13 alive means 8 votes to lynch [not a mistake]

Should have been 7 otherwise

I want Capt and lunor to post their thoughts I have to head to work now.

Never Forget

September 11, 2001
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invictus2001 Add Invictus2001 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.36
(15-Jun-2011 at 05:15)

I've been reading this claim for a couple of days, and it doesn't make sense. If an extra vote raised the number of votes required for a lynch, it would essentially be useless.

There may very likely be another explanation.

No Comment
View Public Profile Find more posts by BrandonC Add BrandonC to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Jun-2011 at 08:39)

I guess it's pretty likely that at least one person that's not investigated by hophip is scum and would have registered as such by hophip.

When I think about it, that's the only logical conclusion I can come to as to why the Mafia/SK would risk NK'ing hophip after I stated in the thread I had protected him. I guess they/he (just going to say they the rest of the post) figured a gamble was nessecary right that night because they expected to be investigated last night.

So I think an important clue to who is scum is who do we think Hophip was going to investigate last night?
Because if they wouldn't have cared about last nights investigation, I think they would've killed me so they'd have a clear shot on hophip the following night, or Invictus/TK to get rid of a two-voter, etc.

Another possibility is that they have an RB and RB'ed me, making it a safe hit, but I don't think we've had much townie RB'ing so far. For example, I think hophip didn't get RB'ed once. A scum busdriver is another option, that could explain the stream of innocents garnered by hophip. Or that they have an unblockable kill, either once or every few nights.

I guess there's a ton of possibilities, but I think most likely is that the person hophip was going to investigate last night is a bad guy, and one that will register as guilty to hophip (so not the GF, possibly not the SK either).

Question then is: Who do we think hophip was going to investigate last night?

EDIT: Also people I'm in the middle of exam weeks and I sleep during your 'busy time' (the ~9 hours before this post). I'm sorry I hadn't posted that much yet but I am contributing when I post.

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)

Last edited by Lunor, 15-Jun-2011 at 08:43.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Jun-2011 at 08:53)

Originally Posted by BrandonC: View Post
I've been reading this claim for a couple of days, and it doesn't make sense. If an extra vote raised the number of votes required for a lynch, it would essentially be useless.

There may very likely be another explanation.
I hadn't thought about it too much, but that makes a lot of sense. Lynching is a townie tool to kill scum. I don't think we even have Vigs this game.
If having more votes would make it so more votes are required, all that would do is make it so that the person with more votes has to agree to the lynch, or the lynch will be harder.
That's not a townie way of having more votes, but it would be a very fitting scum way to have more votes.

Very interesting point I think.

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Jun-2011 at 11:13)

lightbulb Brainwave

It doest matter who got the tracking ability, in relatiion to the godfather kills.

The mafia need their kill to successfully play the game, so Greeney isn't going to make it into a talent. Hes just going to give them a kill on top of the talent like he gave someone a doc power on top of their talent. So it doesnt matter who you gave the tracking ability to swifty, for the godfather still has their kill edit: because what ive seen of the tracking ability, it only replaces a persons talent

Last edited by Celtic22, 15-Jun-2011 at 11:16.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Celtic22 Add Celtic22 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Jun-2011 at 12:03)

Back form work and sadly not much accomplished.

Lunors role as we saw I think is what I would expect Horde to do IE the Challange. so least summy IMO of the 3

Felix RCd as a weak Doc.... eh

Capt is semi active at best. Did he ever RC?

As far as the way my vote works... Yea I wish it was more powerful and worked the way people want it to work but it doesnt. I found that out after I got it activated.

The one problem I have with TKs power is he hardly votes. Why take that power if you dont vote much... or thats the impression I have at least.

bah time to sleep now.

Never Forget

September 11, 2001
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invictus2001 Add Invictus2001 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
(15-Jun-2011 at 12:42)

Re: Brainwave

Originally Posted by Celtic22: View Post
It doest matter who got the tracking ability, in relatiion to the godfather kills.

The mafia need their kill to successfully play the game, so Greeney isn't going to make it into a talent. Hes just going to give them a kill on top of the talent like he gave someone a doc power on top of their talent. So it doesnt matter who you gave the tracking ability to swifty, for the godfather still has their kill edit: because what ive seen of the tracking ability, it only replaces a persons talent
My role specifically states I remove the targets ability for the night, not talents, so I still would think it's an effective RB.

I think hophip would of probably investigated Felix today, but that's under the assumption he'd of been thinking like I have. He might of gone for Captim, and least of all Lunor I think.

Still need to hear Captim's RC though.

........Why does the thin grey strand......Ah, you will understand;.......................I should find, for a reprimand
.......Floating up from the forgotten......When I carried my mother downstairs,.....To my gaiety, a few long grey hairs
......Cigarette between my fingers,......A few times only, at the beginning..........On the breast of my coat; and one by one
.....Why does it trouble me?.............Of her soft-foot malady,.......................I watched them float up the dark chimney.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Swifty Add Swifty to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Jun-2011 at 14:33)

Re: Brainwave

I think hophip would of probably investigated Felix today, but that's under the assumption he'd of been thinking like I have. He might of gone for Captim, and least of all Lunor I think.
I would agree. So naturally, I don't like Lunor's argument, haha.

A childish mind will turn to noble ambition. Young love will become deep affection.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Felix Zalitz Add Felix Zalitz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Jun-2011 at 15:26)

Sorry, but I was a little busy last day (and just woke up after a long night)

Saurfang's rage: You can double someone's power every night
Charge: Once every three days you can both roleblock and kill someone either at night or during the day posting Charge: target.
Terrifying roar: Every kill attempt on you will either result in no kill or in both of you killed.

I don't like power doubler, since it can help scum a lot.
Charge, meh... I don't like killing roles.
I had hoped somebody tried to kill me and caused both of us to die, but that one didn't happen yet.

Felix, night actions please?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Captimmeh Add Captimmeh to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
(15-Jun-2011 at 17:44)

Originally Posted by Captimmeh: View Post
Sorry, but I was a little busy last day (and just woke up after a long night)

Saurfang's rage: You can double someone's power every night
Charge: Once every three days you can both roleblock and kill someone either at night or during the day posting Charge: target.
Terrifying roar: Every kill attempt on you will either result in no kill or in both of you killed.

I don't like power doubler, since it can help scum a lot.
Charge, meh... I don't like killing roles.
I had hoped somebody tried to kill me and caused both of us to die, but that one didn't happen yet.

Felix, night actions please?
"I don't like killing roles, so I picked the other killing role hoping both of us would die."

wat

........Why does the thin grey strand......Ah, you will understand;.......................I should find, for a reprimand
.......Floating up from the forgotten......When I carried my mother downstairs,.....To my gaiety, a few long grey hairs
......Cigarette between my fingers,......A few times only, at the beginning..........On the breast of my coat; and one by one
.....Why does it trouble me?.............Of her soft-foot malady,.......................I watched them float up the dark chimney.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Swifty Add Swifty to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Jun-2011 at 17:58)

"I don't like killing roles, so I picked the other killing role hoping both of us would die."

wat
I didn't pick modified Vig role because I'd have to choose targets myself. That's what I meant with killer roles.
The other role would mean that if somebody tried to kill me (which is usually a baddie) he dies with me as well. That's far better in my eyes. (And no killing role)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Captimmeh Add Captimmeh to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Jun-2011 at 18:04)
Not sure I'd agree with the choice there really Capt, but it might help to explain the lack of kills if the scums have been targetting you and getting that neither dies.
View Public Profile Find more posts by The Killer Add The Killer to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
(15-Jun-2011 at 19:11)

Okay, so going through the claims:
  • Lunor - Doc
  • Captim - Retalliatory kill
  • Felix - Doc

Bearing in mind our dead players:
  • StarOwl - Doc.
  • advocatus - Doc.

And our alive players:
  • Celtic: RB with a protective element.
  • BrandonC - Doc/revive (Brightbane mentioned doc powers, but BrandonC ended up with revive?)

I think we have too many claimed docs. Felix still has the weaker defence, with no mentions in the message, etc. But I also think Captims choice is strange. Lunors duel choice is interesting because Varian Wrynn was also a gladiator so I could see him having it, but that's pushing it a little right now.

Last edited by Swifty, 15-Jun-2011 at 19:15.
(15-Jun-2011 at 20:16)

• Lunor - Doc
  • Felix - Doc

• StarOwl - Doc.
  • advocatus - Doc.

And our alive players:
  • BrandonC - Doc/revive (Brightbane mentioned doc powers, but BrandonC ended up with revive?)

I think we have too many claimed docs. Felix still has the weaker defence, with no mentions in the message, etc. But I also think Captims choice is strange. Lunors duel choice is interesting because Varian Wrynn was also a gladiator so I could see him having it, but that's pushing it a little right now.
Consider what other people have mentioned, that Greeney gave us choices (for instance, I could have been a JOAT) so it wasn't necessarily planned that there would be so many docs around.

Global Moderator
(15-Jun-2011 at 20:32)

But some, like BrandonC, are pure doc type roles. Still too many.

(15-Jun-2011 at 22:01)

But some, like BrandonC, are pure doc type roles. Still too many.
Mafia Doctor me thinks.

BTW thanks for ruining my brainwave
View Public Profile Find more posts by Celtic22 Add Celtic22 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Jun-2011 at 22:32)

• Lunor - Doc
  • Felix - Doc

• StarOwl - Doc.
  • advocatus - Doc.

And our alive players:

I agree there's too many docs around. Even though I picked Doc too now and the talents will skew things and perhaps Greeney thought Doc would be less interesting an option than the players thought...there's still too many imo.

If I would have to make a personal scumminess list right now, I would list it (from most likely town to most likely scum):

'Bet they're town:'
Lunor - Baine Bloodhoof - Ofc
BrandonC– Geyah - Rezzed townie, seems pretty clear.
Invictus2001 - Thrall - Now that he finally got a speaking part, I feel better about this. Thrall should be in the game, the tie-breaking exists and I can't see anyone but Thrall (or Garrosh) having that, and Garrosh is dead.

'Not so sure:'
Swifty - Vol'jin - Speaking part and I expect Vol'jin to be in (like all the leaders), but nothing much else. Power is pretty weird, but he def. has it.
The Killer - Gallywix - Another Horde Leader I'd expect to be in there, don't remember if his multiple votes were ever proven. Maybe should be lower on my personal list.
Captimmeh - Varok Saurfang - I remember Saurfang jokes from back when I played, powers are unproven and pretty deadly. Could be in, could not be.
Celtic22 - Jaina Proudmoore - RC fits with claim, Jaina had/has a big crush on Thrall. Not really a hero of the horde though afaik.

'Looking bad:'
Felix - Lor'themar Theron - The last Horde Leader, and because of that I'd expect him to be in. But with hophip dying right before he investigated him and someone needing to be scum (several people, actually), I think Felix is most likely.

Anyone else care to post their list with some (summarized) reasoning? I think it could help us to see all the lists people have. I think there's time in the day.

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)

Last edited by Lunor, 15-Jun-2011 at 22:35.
(15-Jun-2011 at 22:45)
My list would be (not including myself because I would say I'm def town (of course), but could do with proving my votes, so will aim to do that today).

Believe they are def town:

BrandonC Geyah - Died as town, ressed.
Lunor - Baine Bloodhoof - Horde Leader, whole thing with the dual.

Probable town:

Swifty - Vol'jin - Experienced the role personally.
Captimmeh - Varok Saurfang - Been mentioned in the night messages that the Horde were coming back from Northrend in 2 groups, the Tuskars (which died) and the Horde (which would be Varok).
Invictus2001 - Thrall - Seeing as how Thrall has been mentioned a few times now as being involved in the fight besides Geyah and Hamuul, I would believe it if he was in here as Town.

Uncertain:

Felix - Lor'themar Theron - Horde leader, but has nothing else helping me make my mind up at the moment.

Who I would think is scum:

Celtic22 - Jaina Proudmoore - The roles definately fit the claim, but the more and more I think about it, I can not believe that this is a Town claim. My personal guess would be either an Investigation immune townie or a TCT.
View Public Profile Find more posts by The Killer Add The Killer to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Jun-2011 at 00:26)

From town to scum:

BrandonC - rezzed townie
Lunor - proven action, proven CC
Invictus - big CC, innocent and tracked
Swifty - proven action/good CC (if I believe him)
Celtic - neither townish nor scummy
TK - neither townish nor scummy
Felix - as my vote said