Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Other Games' Forums > Mafia Forum Games

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Global Moderator
(05-May-2011 at 22:12)

Re: World of Warcraft Mafia :: Heroes of the Horde

Originally Posted by lnopia: View Post
Well wish I knew anything about WC3 to help my defense, but I am not the SK. For what it is worth I have a choice of picking one of three abilities to have this game, which are either Vig kills, Stunlock (RB) and targeting someone to require -1 votes to be lynched.

The RB ability mentions it lasts through the night AND day, which might mean some people have day abilities.

I hope you guys don't lynch me, and I blame hophip entirely for randoming on me
The vig kill (assassin) and stun lock (rogue) would make sense for Garona, so I suppose you have that in your defence.

For me, your survival hinges really on what SaSi's input over Garona. It seems he's the only Horde player we have here who knows how Garona's interactions have unfolded in Cata.

SaSi: Was Garona heavily involved in the quest line? Was she acting towards her own goals or the Hordes? Do you think she has done enough to warrant an inclusion in a 15 player game?

........Why does the thin grey strand......Ah, you will understand;.......................I should find, for a reprimand
.......Floating up from the forgotten......When I carried my mother downstairs,.....To my gaiety, a few long grey hairs
......Cigarette between my fingers,......A few times only, at the beginning..........On the breast of my coat; and one by one
.....Why does it trouble me?.............Of her soft-foot malady,.......................I watched them float up the dark chimney.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Swifty Add Swifty to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(05-May-2011 at 22:47)

Originally Posted by Swifty: View Post

SaSi: Was Garona heavily involved in the quest line? Was she acting towards her own goals or the Hordes? Do you think she has done enough to warrant an inclusion in a 15 player game?
She was heavily involved, and while it was acting towards the goals of the Horde it was only because they crossed with her own goals, which was to kill Cho'gall for revenge.
As to if she deserves to be in the game, I guess it really depends on who everyone else is. She's notable in a way .... Just not on a Thrall level

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-May-2011 at 23:06)

So where do we go from here?

MODMAN... How much time do we have left for leads, lurkers, and stallers?

Never Forget

September 11, 2001
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invictus2001 Add Invictus2001 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-May-2011 at 23:21)

Deadline sometime on may 9th i think...

Unvote Vote Felix Zalitz Celtic behaviour seems right on and since my aim isnt getting a CC off of him ill offer up an alternative wagon. Gut read mostly off his first and only post
View Public Profile Find more posts by Gabriel Gray Add Gabriel Gray to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-May-2011 at 00:00)

Originally Posted by Gabriel Gray: View Post
Deadline sometime on may 9th i think...

Unvote Vote Felix Zalitz Celtic behaviour seems right on and since my aim isnt getting a CC off of him ill offer up an alternative wagon. Gut read mostly off his first and only post
Yeah, I have more than one post.

Admittedly, I don't have much to say as A) its day 1, and B) I have never played WoW.

Time passes, people move. Like a river's flow, it never ends.
A childish mind will turn to noble ambition. Young love will become deep affection.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Felix Zalitz Add Felix Zalitz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-May-2011 at 00:11)

Woah, i pulled a rabbit out of my hat just then.

Oh yeah, i did miss your second post when browsing down. Another post with a similar theme to your first.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Gabriel Gray Add Gabriel Gray to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-May-2011 at 00:29)

Originally Posted by Gabriel Gray: View Post
Woah, i pulled a rabbit out of my hat just then.
If you mean you got me to post, if you check any mafia game I'm in, I'm generally nearly double the number of posts as everyone else. Granted, that doesn't say much for quality, but I become much more useful in the later half of the game as I know what the heck is going on.

I mean, what do you want me to say? I have no idea who this Ganona person is, or even Horde vs. Alliance. I will say I agree with the poison being a scourge weapon, as I believe thats how it worked in frozen throne, but that's about all I have in terms of knowledge of lore or terminology.

Time passes, people move. Like a river's flow, it never ends.
A childish mind will turn to noble ambition. Young love will become deep affection.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Felix Zalitz Add Felix Zalitz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(06-May-2011 at 01:20)

I just picked up the starting part of the quest chain she is a part of, so I will be able to tell exactly how it plays out a bit later

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-May-2011 at 02:08)

Thats actually part of my point, felix. It means you were around when it didnt appear inopia made sense as the lynch-in a game designed by a known no-lynch hater in which we certainly must lynch-and didnt try to find a player who not only would be the lynch, but have the highest probability of being scum. Make a wagon on someone or get ready to be lynched
(06-May-2011 at 03:47)

Why is everyone always so eager to kill off some random on the first day? As in every single day start game I've ever played I'm going to go with a no lynch.

I am the darkness in your life, I am the light
I am the end of your tunnel, I am the beginning of your future
I am the end, your end. I am the path to your salvation.

Your bane, or your hope. You decide.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brightbane Add Brightbane to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-May-2011 at 04:32)

I'm heading off to bed, the drugs are kicking in nicely now (I went to the hospital Tuesday due to my right leg being swollen and in intense pain).

Anyways, if there's still enough time left in the day I suggest we check out another random person (I believe Celtic already has a couple votes on him); otherwise, lets just lynch lnopia ... his CC seems questionable enough. At least I think that's what the consensus was regarding the CC. Too tired to care atm.

Goodnight party people!

"Well played, Roxtin. You are now officially the God of flying under the radar " ~MeliHeartsCloud from The Mafia of Zelda: Twilight princess
View Public Profile Visit Roxtin's homepage Find more posts by Roxtin Add Roxtin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-May-2011 at 04:35)

Originally Posted by Brightbane: View Post
Why is everyone always so eager to kill off some random on the first day? As in every single day start game I've ever played I'm going to go with a no lynch.
In this case, we can only get abilities if we lynch someone on the first day. So, in order to get through night where you can get more useful information, you have to lynch on the first day when you don't have any info.

Otherwise, I would love to no lynch, but this time... you have to think about it more. It's not a clear cut decision.

Again, as far as Horde/Alliance/characters whatever. Apparently I know a lot less about WoW than I even imagined I did. People throw out names and the only one I've recognized is Thrall and I know he was some important orc chieftain guy.

I miss Runey...
Band is good! Band is great! Band is how I got a date!
War Damn Eagle!
I love Reputation! Love it! Gimme Gimme Gimme!!! Please.
View Public Profile Find more posts by StarOwl Add StarOwl to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-May-2011 at 06:10)

Originally Posted by Invictus2001: View Post
So where do we go from here?

MODMAN... How much time do we have left for leads, lurkers, and stallers?
You have 120 hours to lynch: Monday, May 9 @ 1:20a.m. EST

So about 3 days left.

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... /
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-May-2011 at 06:40)

Originally Posted by StarOwl: View Post
In this case, we can only get abilities if we lynch someone on the first day.
I believe the way that Greeney wrote it, you must be on the lynch, in order to get the use of the abilities.
Originally Posted by Greeney: View Post
You may select one talent only after you have taken part in lynching a fellow player.
So we must also be weary of scum(I assume they get their kill) trying to get extra abilities by hopping on a wagon heading for a lynch.

That being said, how confident are the people, that know something about Wow, that lnopia is anti-town? I am myself, based on the conversation above, believe that lnopia is the correct lynch. However there is a nagging thought that I have, that says should we really let someone like advocatus make it through day 1 without one post? Of course why should we go fishing for roles and cc's when we already have an anti-town in the bag?

And finally, did I miss something? For, why does Saint Sinner have Swifty's advatar?
View Public Profile Find more posts by hophip Add hophip to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-May-2011 at 08:08)

Originally Posted by hophip: View Post
I believe the way that Greeney wrote it, you must be on the lynch, in order to get the use of the abilities.
So we must also be weary of scum(I assume they get their kill) trying to get extra abilities by hopping on a wagon heading for a lynch.

That being said, how confident are the people, that know something about Wow, that lnopia is anti-town? I am myself, based on the conversation above, believe that lnopia is the correct lynch. However there is a nagging thought that I have, that says should we really let someone like advocatus make it through day 1 without one post? Of course why should we go fishing for roles and cc's when we already have an anti-town in the bag?

And finally, did I miss something? For, why does Saint Sinner have Swifty's advatar?
I think Inopia can go either way but Im leaning scum so I dont think its "in the bag"

I took the rules as scum getting kills no matter what (an assumption on my part) so a no lynch is same as today but with less townies.

We need more activity on the votes to force people to play.... sadly.

Never Forget

September 11, 2001
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invictus2001 Add Invictus2001 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-May-2011 at 12:55)
Quote:
I think someone was playing around with the Mod's avatars a while back. Swifty has Pip Squeek's, SaSi has Swifty's, and can't remember what the rest are off the top of my head. Seriously confuses me when reading these though.

And as for how I see Garona hophip - I would say 50/50 in my opinion.

1) She is Horde.
2) Her loyalty to the horde is not that strong.
3) Has previously tried to kill the leader of the Horde.
4) Has previously killed a leader in the Alliance.

The biggest liability though is what Swifty (I think) said - she is a peripheral figure compared to so many that could be in this and could well be a fake claim. I would warrant it as a good choice for a lynch.

Vote: lnopia
View Public Profile Find more posts by The Killer Add The Killer to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-May-2011 at 13:00)

Hey guys i wanted to quote this part of the OP;

Quote:
This game will be slightly different in the sense that everyone will be given the option of three talents (night abilities) to choose from; a few select roles will have an extra ability in addition to a talent.If you have an extra ability (i.e. there's a Serial Killer who will have one) it can be used before you take part in a lynch though.
So it seems likely to me the mafia atleast may have some power already in addition to potential powers. However i was just thinking, it may be a good idea to place suspects in ''quarantine'' and order them to not vote or be lynched if they do, to prevent them gaining damaging abilities.

TK, what about SaSi strongly backing the garona claim, whose opinion was said to be highly valued by swifty?
(06-May-2011 at 14:09)

Originally Posted by StarOwl: View Post
In this case, we can only get abilities if we lynch someone on the first day. So, in order to get through night where you can get more useful information, you have to lynch on the first day when you don't have any info.
I don't think it's only the first day. I'm pretty sure that it goes throughout the whole game.

Originally Posted by Gabriel:
So it seems likely to me the mafia atleast may have some power already in addition to potential powers. However i was just thinking, it may be a good idea to place suspects in ''quarantine'' and order them to not vote or be lynched if they do, to prevent them gaining damaging abilities.
That seems most likely. I know that my 'talents' are just enhancements of my night ability.

It might prevent them from gaining anything, but it won't stop what they already have. It would be better to kill off people we are suspicious of

I am the darkness in your life, I am the light
I am the end of your tunnel, I am the beginning of your future
I am the end, your end. I am the path to your salvation.

Your bane, or your hope. You decide.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brightbane Add Brightbane to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
(06-May-2011 at 16:25)

I'm actually prepared to not lynch lnopia, if SaSi can vouch for Garona after he's done the quest chain. It seems he's the only one here with first hand experience of her involvement.

While it would seem to outsiders she's a thoroughly questionable character, if SaSi vouches for Garona, I'll be prepared to let lnopia go.

........Why does the thin grey strand......Ah, you will understand;.......................I should find, for a reprimand
.......Floating up from the forgotten......When I carried my mother downstairs,.....To my gaiety, a few long grey hairs
......Cigarette between my fingers,......A few times only, at the beginning..........On the breast of my coat; and one by one
.....Why does it trouble me?.............Of her soft-foot malady,.......................I watched them float up the dark chimney.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Swifty Add Swifty to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-May-2011 at 17:47)

Originally Posted by Roxtin: View Post
I'm heading off to bed, the drugs are kicking in nicely now (I went to the hospital Tuesday due to my right leg being swollen and in intense pain).
Haha you aren't the only one, I redislocated my shoulder last night

As for whoever asked for the ability names, they are Vigilantism, Stunlock, and Poison Target. I guess much of my fate lies in Saint's hands, although I'm optimisitic

I do think we should avoid a no-lynch at all costs, even if it does mean my lynching. However we still have 3 days left to do work, and despite what hophip might think, I am nowhere near "anti-town" and this lynch is not in the bag.

You can breathe in space, they just don't want you to escape
View Public Profile Find more posts by lnopia Add lnopia to your Buddy List Reply with Quote