Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Respectable General Discussions > Religious Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(28-Apr-2004 at 20:26)
Wow... Its been two days and no-one has continued the thread. I guess I killed it.
View Public Profile Find more posts by rejinak Add rejinak to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $16.56
(28-Apr-2004 at 20:42)

There is nothing to prove. If the existence of God could be proven, there would not be multiple religions or atheists. If you don't choose to believe in Him, it is your own choice. He does not have to prove His existence to you, and neither will I.

I can show you the way
View Public Profile Find more posts by GoofyIAm Add GoofyIAm to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as stingut)
(28-Apr-2004 at 21:08)

Quote:
(Originally posted by GoofyIAm)

There is nothing to prove. If the existence of God could be proven, there would not be multiple religions or atheists. If you don't choose to believe in Him, it is your own choice. He does not have to prove His existence to you, and neither will I.
He's totally right. Why should God even bother to prove His being here? If He proves it, how can u still have faith? Its just the whole thing that makes believing, believing. Believing Something which u cant see, but DEFINATELY is.

Do u believe that we are made by pure coincidence? Survival of the fittest? If that is so, then why arent ALL creatures evolved into humans?

If u say, that in the beginning, there was nothing, who can that explode? Talking about logic, believing makes way more sence actually.
View Public Profile Find more posts by StingUT Add StingUT to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Apr-2004 at 23:31)

ugh... the last thing I want is to restart this thread...
Quote:
(Originally posted by stingut)
Do u believe that we are made by pure coincidence? Survival of the fittest? If that is so, then why arent ALL creatures evolved into humans?
You assume humans are the only possible outcome of continued evolution, and that evolution itself is complete; neither of these are true.

Quote:
If u say, that in the beginning, there was nothing, who can that explode? Talking about logic, believing makes way more sence actually.
Please read the thread, namely the last 100-200 posts where I explain repeatedly why this is not a problem for those who do not believe in a divine creator.

There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I donít know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president.
-- Kurt Vonnegut
View Public Profile Find more posts by Incoherent Add Incoherent to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Apr-2004 at 02:59)
Quote:
different environments call for different animals and different mutations.

Pandas used to be meat eaters. Now they eat bamboo. Environmental adaptation.
View Public Profile Find more posts by PestilenZ Add PestilenZ to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as xens)
(User is Banned)
(30-Apr-2004 at 13:12)
Quote:
(Originally posted by stingut)

Actually, it would make more sense to ask why didn't all people evolve to coachroachs, or ants! Your question appears to be based on self-centrism rather then logic.
You know, if mice could talk and comunicate like us, and were having the same discussion (big coincidence), there would be one silly mouse asking: "why arent ALL creatures evolved into mice?".

Who created god?

"The supreme victory is to win without doing battle."- Sun Tzu
"Even if all the experts agreed they might still be wrong!"-so say the experts
"A wise man is impartial but not neutral a fool is neutral but not impartial."-don't know who said it
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mr Xens Add Mr Xens to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Faterealm)
(01-May-2004 at 04:22)
Well, I believe anything with substential evidence. We do not have to prove that God doesn't exist, because you have to prove that God exists in the first place.

Religion beliefs in God and all started way back in the way. In those primitive days, Homo Sapiens had no explanation for complex matters. ( No science, at least, not much) They turn to draw up their own conclusions, believing there is a divine being
behind supposely working miracles. To date science has proven so many mircales given by God wrong.

For instance, they always believe that when it rains heaven is crying blah blah blah..geez..haven't they heard of preticipation?

As you can see, faith in divine beings are dropping as years go by. There are more explanations for "miraculous wonders" no evidence but why people still believe in God might be their upbringing, or when their down and out..they pray and something happens..well..the list goes on..However, I believe religions are essential in a complete society, to keep humans in check, so that we humans do not go "overly-science freaks" and keep our simple, hummane faith.
Geez, I do hope someone gets what I'm trying to say.
View Public Profile Find more posts by MaxPayne111 Add MaxPayne111 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-May-2004 at 04:58)

I'd really rather this thread die, lest it become another round of "you should prove God exists", "no, you should prove God doesn't exist", with no regard for the fact that neither of you can hope to prove it to the other (the former because you cannot point to something and say, "Look, that's God", the latter because God is defined in a form that is inherently not disprovable).

There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I donít know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president.
-- Kurt Vonnegut
View Public Profile Find more posts by Incoherent Add Incoherent to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Faterealm)
(01-May-2004 at 05:17)
Quote:
(Originally posted by Incoherent)

I'd really rather this thread die, lest it become another round of "you should prove God exists", "no, you should prove God doesn't exist", with no regard for the fact that neither of you can hope to prove it to the other (the former because you cannot point to something and say, "Look, that's God", the latter because God is defined in a form that is inherently not disprovable).
Yes, I agree. Let people believe in what they believe. No harm there.
View Public Profile Find more posts by MaxPayne111 Add MaxPayne111 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-May-2004 at 21:18)
A non-Christian will never believe God exixts through logical thinking. Why? Because God is not logical, by human standards at least. Our thoughts cannot fully comprehend Him. To the Christian, logical apologetics make sense, and we say, "Why can't non-Christians see that it is obvious that Christ is the only way?" But non-Christians don't think like us, because they are determined to place their dependence on themselves, and themselves only (this includes any who practice any other religion besides Christianity.) Once one learns to place his trust and dependence on God everything makes sense, and he feels complete and assured of his existence. The non-Christian feels no such assurance. Oh, but he's just a pile of random chemicals, right? Yeah, there's sure a lot of meaning in that....There's your proof right there if you'll take it, which you won't because you'll make some other humanist excuse as to why all that I'm saying doesn't make sense. Christians have a hope, non-Christians do not. You can hope in yourselves, but where is that gonna get you? I agree with Incoherent about the fact that this thread is useless because it never gets anywhere. So one last final time YOU CAN'T PROVE GOD EXISTS Its called FAITH! And its the most precious thing in the world, along with God's infinite grace and mercy.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Raken Add Raken to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-May-2004 at 05:39)

Well, this thread has been moved to Religious Discussions. (What took so long, may I ask?) And since my impression of RD is that no one really wants to hash over this issue any further (the only reason it went so far was because it stayed on RGD)... can we leave this thread to die/close it/whatever?

-- Kurt Vonnegut
(03-May-2004 at 13:03)
1. Believing some good might happen to your sick child mean that you have to believe that God will cure them?
So everyone who has blind faith imagine you have a child with cancer, would you:

a) Find all the best doctors in the country/world get medication and treatment to try and slow the cancer and maybe if your very lucky stop it....or

b) Believe God is testing your blind faith? and that if he wants to take your child there is a reason for it? He always has a reason for not saving someone right?? non-believers, he needs them more then you, the child was a mistake and you were suppose to get a better child??

2. Your best friend since you were 3years old is dieing and needs a kidney transplant! Some how amazingly you have all the right criteria (amazingly) to provide them with one. Do You:

a) Sign up straight away tell them you would give them anything so they could be with their family as you would beable to do.... or

b) Tell them God is testing them and that science isnt needed as God in the end has the power to make it their time to go no matter. Telling them your sorry you cant help them... as if God wanted you to live, God would swap Kidneys as he would have in the 1600's when science was not needed. GOD MADE CANCER TO TEST US ALL. Sorry Mate

Does having faith, in anything, mean you believe in God?
No because you can have faith in many thing, like people, your dog, your children, 99% of the time your house will be standing when you get home from work etc

If God is everywhere and he has almight powers, wanting us to bow down to him and yet he wants EVERYONE to believe in him but not to see him.

Also not to use these powers in ways that will make it obvious to everyone that he exists, so as people can have BLIND faith rather then be known and have more people follow his word is a tough job.

Sounds pritty stupid?? God makes up all these rules to make it look like he doesnt exist yet he wants everyone to acknowledge that he does... he obviously has to much time on his hands
View Public Profile Find more posts by DALLAS Add DALLAS to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-May-2004 at 13:27)
Quote:
(Originally posted by DALLAS)
b) Tell them God is testing them and that science isnt needed as God in the end has the power to make it their time to go no matter. Telling them your sorry you cant help them...
Nonsense! As a good Christian you will of course help him. You will spend countless hours praying to God that he will make him well again.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Bernel Add Bernel to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-May-2004 at 14:19)
So you wouldnt give them the Kidney?? But you would waste 7hours praying and in that time you could have given it to him! Dam hope you dont have many friends that need direct help instead of saying I will pray for you

-----------------------------------------------------------

Realised this thread is STUPID and now know no one can make others believe in there ways.. its taken many generations upon generations to think the way we do
View Public Profile Find more posts by DALLAS Add DALLAS to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-May-2004 at 15:19)
Quote:
(Originally posted by DALLAS)
So you wouldnt give them the Kidney?? But you would waste 7hours praying and in that time you could have given it to him! Dam hope you dont have many friends that need direct help instead of saying I will pray for you
Who said I am a good Christian? I'm just making fun of them.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Bernel Add Bernel to your Buddy List Reply with Quote