Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Temple > Complaints

Post New Thread Closed Thread
Author Thread
(17-Aug-2007 at 17:53)

Not really a complaint

Just an oddity...
I tried to login today, after maybe two days or so of not logging in. It said that my account was suspended and listed a couple possible reasons, none of which really made sense to me. So I submitted one of my emails to reactivate it, and it said it was being used by another user. odd, but whatever, like any web-bum, i have multiple emails. So I just used another one and things are good.
But I did not receive any emails about suspension. I know I didn't do anything to warrant that many warnings or whatever. And the email address this account was on is still working and not sending auto-responses.
The only thing I think it may be is that I tried to send an email to Athanatos (cause of that other thread) through the link in his profile. I didn't really have any intention, just to see if they email was still being used or whatever.
So... anyone know what happened?

Have a HooT
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lucan Add Lucan to your Buddy List
(Former Global Moderator)
Research Group
(17-Aug-2007 at 18:55)

nothing that I can see that would warrant a suspension...

The Kiowa swooped and banked hard in front of the car, firing three more shots through the front hood, the universal sign for “stop.”
There are two important rules for sucess in life.
1. Never tell anyone everything you know.
View Public Profile Visit Hawkeyekid's homepage Find more posts by Hawkeyekid Add Hawkeyekid to your Buddy List
(Posted as Starfriend)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(17-Aug-2007 at 19:23)

Accounts in Utopia Temple are automatically suspended when there's something wrong with your e-mail, and the mails sent to it bounce for whatever reason. It happened to me once when my domain was messing up a bit.

Suspensions have nothing to do with warnings (unless your email bounces the notification emails as you get warned while being banned etc).

"If You Fall, I’ll Be There"
-– Floor

Last edited by Starfriend, 17-Aug-2007 at 19:30.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List
Administrator
(17-Aug-2007 at 20:24)

smile Re: Not really a complaint

Originally Posted by Lucan: View Post
So I submitted one of my emails to reactivate it, and it said it was being used by another user. odd, but whatever, like any web-bum, i have multiple emails. So I just used another one and things are good.
Actually, you used the same email address this account was registered with for its reactivation.

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List
(17-Aug-2007 at 23:08)

oh, well I guess that works too Thanks. Normally I use gmail for signups but I guess I didn't for this...

So I guess some mail just bounced or something? Ok, thanks.

Have a HooT
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lucan Add Lucan to your Buddy List
Donated $9.31
(18-Aug-2007 at 11:20)

You should switch to Gmail for this too. If that goes down, there'll be a whole lot of pissed off people.

My MSN is still [email protected].
My Skype is kapteindynetrekk
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nimon Add Nimon to your Buddy List
(Former Global Moderator)
Research Group
(18-Aug-2007 at 19:07)

Re: Account suspension

Originally Posted by Nimon: View Post
You should switch to Gmail for this too. If that goes down, there'll be a whole lot of pissed off people.
i'm fairly certain the world as we know it would cease to exist...

The Kiowa swooped and banked hard in front of the car, firing three more shots through the front hood, the universal sign for “stop.”
There are two important rules for sucess in life.
1. Never tell anyone everything you know.
View Public Profile Visit Hawkeyekid's homepage Find more posts by Hawkeyekid Add Hawkeyekid to your Buddy List
Donated $0.52
(08-Sep-2007 at 17:02)
gmail does go down every now and again actually. Normally only for a few minutes though.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Balfron Add Balfron to your Buddy List
Global Moderator
(08-Sep-2007 at 22:16)

I think it's at this point we say the thread has come to the end of it's life.

[closed]

People, like snowflakes, are all slightly different, but we all follow the same patterns -Stewie
Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

Some people are like Slinkies- absolutely useless, but always fun to push down stairs!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Azure Dragon Add Azure Dragon to your Buddy List
  Closed Thread